Code of Conduct

Default FragranceNow.com -- Bad Creeds...

Just got a bottle of Baie de Genievre from FragranceNow.com, that I'm certain is a fake... the box is smooth rather than textured and is missing most of the writing that's on my other Creed boxes, including the "De Pere en Fils" on the front. No date anywhere on the box. The imprinted crown is convex rather than concave as on all other Creed boxes that I've seen. The same logo on the top of the bottle cap is much less detailed than on my other bottles.

It says "Licence U.T.I.F. Milan 970" on the back. The little insert with the pictures of James and Olivier Creed is on smooth paper and the pictures are off-centered. The words "James Creed" are not centered at all, but are way off to the right.

The font on the little insert page describing the history of Creed is completely different than in my other (authentic) Creeds... it's like Arial or Helvetica instead of Times Roman (-esque).

Sprayed a sample on and thought it had gone "off". Now, an hour later, I smell nothing.

I'm sure it's a fake........ anyone else ever had a similar experience with this retailer? I'm sending it back ASAP.

-R

Default Re: FragranceNow.com -- Bad Creeds...

Send it back! I am sure they have a return policy.

Geez... I can´t believe they dared to send you a fake Creed bottle. >
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    The imprinted crown is convex rather than concave as on all other Creed boxes that I've seen. The same logo on the top of the bottle cap is much less detailed than on my other bottles.
    I think that changes from scent to scent....my GIT is also convex whereas my MI isnt. Hope you get it sorted anyhow, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by mac
    [quote author=Ronald link=1140824221/0#0 date=1140824221]The imprinted crown is convex rather than concave as on all other Creed boxes that I've seen. The same logo on the top of the bottle cap is much less detailed than on my other bottles.
    I think that changes from scent to scent....my GIT is also convex whereas my MI isnt. Hope you get it sorted anyhow, good luck![/quote]

LOL. Are you sure you haven't been decieved also???

Im pretty sure my GIT is legit. Could someone confirm wether their 120ml GIT boxes have a convexed crown imprint?

Im pretty sure my GIT is legit. Could someone confirm wether their 120ml GIT boxes have a convexed crown imprint?
    The crown imprint on my 2.5oz GIT is concave as it is on all the other Creeds I've had...

I don't know, man... where'd you get your GIT?

-Ronald

Could it be that it depends when the fragrance was produced wether it has a concave or a convex logo? Because I have 4 Creed produced between 2002 and 2003 (according to the year on the back of the box) and they all have concave logo (gold color) and I have one box of the Original Vetiver and this box has a convex logo (silver color). This has the year 2005 on the back. The box is also produced with a different cardboard (with little relief Creed logos all over). The source of this Original Vetiver is a very reputable department store so I belief it's not a fake. I hope this helps a little.

Regards
    opal

My concave MI is 2002 and my convex GIT is 2004. Also, like opal mentioned, the box for the GIT has the 'little creeds' all over it too. Looks so much better than the old boxes

Interesting. Thanks for the info, Opal.

Mac, have you compared the crowns side-by-side to see if they're of the same proportion and level of detail? Yours sounds authentic, even with the different crowns, but on mine the crown itself is missing some of the finer lines... plus, the box looks completely wrong, in terms of being smooth, and with no date anywhere on it... I don't get the "Milan 970" stuff on the back either.

-R

It should be as my logo here:

____
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    V

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha

*____
    * * l
    * * l
    * * l
    * * l
    * * l
    * *V
    Interesting. Ikkitosennomusha, what is the date of your GIT? Also, does it have the convex creed signs all over the box?

[quote author=ikkitosennomusha link=1140824221/0#10 date=1141087057]

____
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    V
    Interesting. Ikkitosennomusha, what is the date of your GIT? Also, does it have the convex creed signs all over the box?
    [/quote]

Well mac I first pointed out that yours might be fake as a joke. Guess I might have been right??? Sorry for the hassle :

Quote Originally Posted by DrOfTheSoul

Well mac I first pointed out that yours might be fake as a joke. Guess I might have been right??? Sorry for the hassle :
    Its cool, still, wouldnt mind hearing off other people as to the date and box styles of their creeds just to get to the bottom of it! :-?

2003 Acier Aluminum:
    Box- Concave crest and printing, convex border around the soft leathery-thingy with printing, rough paper construction.
    Bottle Cap - Concave crest.

2004 GIT 4 OZ box - just got it from Scentiments: Crest is convex -- tiny little "Creed" and crest icon are convex all over the box front and back which gives the box a highly textured feel -- light olive green leather business card in the middle of the front of box has a convex border around it and says Creed, Green Irish Tweed -- The printing in gold is a touch concave -- concave crest on top of black bottle cap -- the small date 2004 is concave under the gold word Millesime on top of the back of the box. 2004 is in a skinny rectangular gold box.

Good luck.
    Peace ~ Markymark

Sent my BdG back yesterday...

As far as I'm concerned they owe me postage both ways for sending me that fake crap! If they try any funny stuff with the refund, I think I'll report these guys to the BBB or something...

-R

I'll add my comments for what they are worth, Living in Taiwan, quality fragrances such as Creed are not readily available. If they are, then rest assured they are at a premium price and tucked away in some small boutique. As a result of this. all of my creed purchases were bought online. One company that seemeeed to provide a good service was called Metamorphos (or something similar), they seemed to have dissapeared or, dare I say it, metamorphised into another company. I have since used several companies in the States to ship me creed (I think I have 9 bottles but there maybe more at home in the UK).
    I was new at this "Creed Thing" and as such,I found it hard to diffentiate between a botle of GIT at US$95.00 and a bottle of GIT at US$180.00 at Neiman Marcus. Hardly surprising that I chose the cheaper but likewise, I am beginning to question the validity of all my bottles.Some of them had Arabic writing on the bottom, some of them had a thin strip of white paper over this Arabic writing (Though not until post 9/11). All in all, Is there are universal bench mark for us to check whether our bottles are fake? I believe my Baie de Genevivre, Chevrefeuille Original and Epicea are all dodgy and possible rip-offs, allbeit very good rip offs.

www.fragrancenow.com displays the verisign logo, but the image is stored on their own server, with no link to verisign. I researched verisign's servers, and I am pretty sure that this store doesn't really use the verisign service.

Sounds fake to me.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by greyhueofdoubt
    www.fragrancenow.com displays the verisign logo, but the image is stored on their own server, with no link to verisign. I researched verisign's servers, and I am pretty sure that this store doesn't really use the verisign service.
    Hmmm. Perhaps Verisign should be made aware of a company using their logo without authorization. They're pretty strict about that.

And if it's true that they're using the logos without authorization, that should send up HUGE red flags as to the legitimacy of the business (and their products).

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

Quote Originally Posted by greyhueofdoubt

Sounds fake to me.

-ben
    Ben,

Great research! I think something's up with them. At least they refunded my money, no problem. I've noticed that the bottle of Boss Elements that I also ordered from them (and kept) smells somewhat "off" too. I can't imagine anyone going to all the effort of making fakes of a Boss fragrance, but maybe some retailers are dumping aged or damaged stock or something...

-R

I'm bumping this thread cause I just received a bottle of GIT that may or may not be legit. Quick description of box:

-white color
    -convex logo on front
    -little convex creed logos all over the box
    -olive green fuzzy-feeling card in the middle of the box with a convex (from the rest of the box) border around it (the border is white, not gold as I've seen in some other pictures)
    -pretty much all text on the box appears to be high-quality gold embossed (the text described by everyone as being on genuine boxes IS on my box, with the exceptions laid out below)

Now the weird stuff:

-in the green part in the middle of the box where the title of the scent should go it says exactly "Green Frich Tweed" in the usual script (seriously, what is up with that)
    -there is no date on the back, but there is a gold embossed box under the word "millesime" that looks like it should contain a date but does not
    -was arabic lettering at the bottom of the box on the back, as well as a little paper in the box with arabic writing on it

Thats about it, the bottle itself looks pretty legit though I have no frame of reference, the cap is highly detailed concave embossed and the juice smells approximately like it is supposed to though I cant make any claims about longetivity yet.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

If you Green Irish Tweed says Green Frich Tweed, it is a fake. The Creed boxes change from year to year. The earlier 2000-2002 boxes don't have the little creed symbols. They also have a concave creed logo on top. The 2003-2004 box has tiny creed symbols all across the box, and has a convex creed symbol up top. The 2005- bottles have bigger little creed symbols all around, they may or may not have the date stamped, they also may not have lot # stamped as well. Also on the newer bottles, on top of the box (the flap you open the box with), it doesn't end with Hongrie, it has an extra line that ends with Russie. And on top of the newer boxes (the flap you open the box with), there should be two big creed symbols which should be convex. I hope that helps ease uncertainties anyone may have.