Code of Conduct

Default Impulse buying...L'Eau D'Issey?

I am thinking of just going to the store before it closes and buying this thing. i bought it once but returned it before trying it for hugo...a mistake. I tested this on my neck tonight and my sister and mom both love it...say it smells "clean" which I love.

I am just so paranoid with longevity though. I heard it lasts and sillage is great. I'm so impulsive..seriously.

So...should I just go get it and just settle down? urgh. im sooo sorry. I seriously think i have OCD.

Default Re: Impulse buying...L'Eau D'Issey?

I have never met a female that didn't swoon over Issey. Not my personal fav of all time, but if you're looking to get a little attention from the opposite sex, you would be hard-pressed to do better. I say go for it.

We seem to have pretty similar tastes, and I can definitely assure you this is a good one. I bought it blind and was so relieved it turned out to be awesome. The first night I wore it, I SWEAR it worked like magic on women at the cafe. Then again, it could just as easily have been my charisma and boyish good looks Seriously though, everyone loves this one. The RA on my dorm wanted to buy it from me because he thought it smelled so good. He was used to Armani Code and Nautica Voyage though, haha.

yea the ladies all like L'Eau D'Issey...
    i personally find it dull but i couldnt resist the said attributes of this one...
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

I think it's up to you to decide. Some people have great longevity with it but on me it's pretty average. Stop being impulsive and give it more thought before pulling the trigger on another scent. Buying and returning fragrances on a constant basis is not a good habit, especially if you've already opened and sprayed it.

I like it and looking to purchase a big bottle.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I got to the store and it was closing and didn't want to incnvieinece the SA. So I'm going to go tonight.

Any more input on it's longevity? I know it has sillage, but, for how long?

I have read people's wardrobes and most gave it 4 stars for longevity, some 5, and a few 3.

I can't smell it on me after 2 hours, but then my mom said she could. this was only 1 spray too... so, don't know about longevity with my usual 4-6 shots.

I've got it. The longevity is amazing lasts for hours and hours on my skin. Great sillage too.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by G Man
    I can't smell it on me after 2 hours, but then my mom said she could. this was only 1 spray too... so, don't know about longevity with my usual 4-6 shots.
    I do two sprays. one to each side of my neck and I can smell it on myself all day.
    Even if it doesn't last too long on you... you can always reapply it really is a great scent. One of my all time favorites.
    And as someone else mentioned women love it as well.
    Last edited by abdul; 9th March 2007 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by G Man
    Any more input on it's longevity? I know it has sillage, but, for how long?

2-3 sprays on my neck an chest lasted about 8 hours or more. Keep in mind, I have always used an unscented moisturizer all over.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Wow...I must be missing something here. I find it difficult to like when I sniffed the sillage when I wore it (3-4 times), but from most of the posts about it on Basenotes, the vast majority of folks seem to like it quite a bit. I will have to reassess and wear it a few more times to see if I change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe
    Wow...I must be missing something here. I find it difficult to like when I sniffed the sillage when I wore it (3-4 times), but from most of the posts about it on Basenotes, the vast majority of folks seem to like it quite a bit. I will have to reassess and wear it a few more times to see if I change my mind.
    some fragrances just don't appeal to some people we're all different. For instance... a lot of people love fragrances like gucci envy, pi, m7... I like none of them.

Sloan u only gave it 3 stars. is that worthy of 8 hours? what is your scaling system?

This would be the one time I would tell someone to buy a cologne!

BUY IT!! lol

My wife and I went to Italy back in 2001 and I smelled the cologne on the limo driver that picked us up at the airport it was whafting through. I asked him what he was wearing cause it smelled cool. He said l'Eau Dissey very fast and he repeated it for me. lol Me thinking it was a European cologne asked if I could get it back home.

Long story short, I picked it up when we got back and I have about 10% left in the bottle. THIS COLOGNE IS AWESOME!!!

I like light, faint, woodsy, clean, aqua fresh scents...well...this went on very 'Floral" I got pissed cause I hate Escape type floral citrus scents.well man' o' man...when it dries it smells totally different and awesome!

Smell your shirt 8 hours after you spray...it smells even better! It wears away awesome. My problem is I've worn that, Tommy, and ArmaniMania for the past 4 years, bored of them and looking to re-up w/new cologne.

Get L'Eau' dissey, it'll surprise you. Just give it time to fade, put it on sometime before you go out, it fades nicely.

In my experience, 10 minutes after application it turns into awesomeness.

Post Re: Impulse buying...L'Eau D'Issey?

In my experience, 10 minutes after application it turns into nastiness.

In my experience, 1 second after application it turns into turkish delightyness.

Occured to me just now as I revisited my sample of it, it smells like a big old chunk of turkish delight. Going to wash it off now, though, it still makes me ill.