Code of Conduct

Default Germain Séxual PH - Falling in love...with myself?

I've admired this one for quite some time but never took the plunge until I saw a gift set on sale for $40. I've always laughed to myself about the name - Sexual? That's asking for trouble. It does take aim for the loins, but the question is whose loins is it going after? This is the one your mother warned you about.

This potion has an intoxicating opening. Heavy, deep and spicy. But not too spicy. I've yet to find the scent pyramid for this bad boy but Germain's website says it contains basil, sage and sandlewood in that order. All "Indian", as in Eastern Indian. Could this be the start of a new genre? Forget Oriental, this is Indian! I also detect tobacco, musk, and tonka bean. Whether they're from India is anyone's guess.

As the scent progresses, the spices stick around a long time before it turns slightly sweet and woody. Some have compared this to D&G Homme's drydown which I can see but Séxual's tobacco is more in the background.

Now back to those "aphrodisiac" qualities. I wore it out on a Saturday night with the girlfriend thinking if this doesn't light her fire, then what will? As the night progressed, her reaction was muted indifference. However, my reaction was of sensual bliss, and I could not stop smelling myself! Then it struck me, this potion does possess aphrodisiacs. Too bad it's you instead of those around you that fall under its spell.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Default Re: Germain Séxual PH - Falling in love...with myself?

This one is heavily pushed in Canada, I believe as Germain must have some sort of deal set up with the Bay Here. There was a good portion of time (3-4 years), where you couldn't walk through the mall without being pushed to use it "Its got pheromones, works with skin chemistry blah blah".

I ended up buying it, and its quite pleasant. It can be cloying it some, but overall I think its a great scent and possibly quite unique if you live in the states.

And the self seduction bit - I found that too! haha, but also found that it got great female response.
    Last edited by Neil4Speed; 3rd December 2010 at 01:27 PM.

Yeah, I think this one smells nice enough, but it doesn't really seem as relevant to the current market. Its not nearly as classic as Eternity, Herrera, Dolce & Gabbana, and the like but yet it seems to belong to this category. I'm not really surprised that it doesn't appeal to women of a younger demographic. Just wear it because you enjoy it. Those who appreciate it, and there are some who definitely will, will let you know that they share your appreciate for this interesting fragrance.

Perhaps it should have been called Narcissus pour Moi.

Yeah, I think it's a pretty good scent, as well. Has the warmth and spiciness that you would associate with a sexy fragrance. I need to wear it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    This one is heavily pushed in Canada, I believe as Germain must have some sort of deal set up with the Bay Here. There was a good portion of time (3-4 years), where you couldn't walk through the mall without being pushed to use it "Its got pheromones, works with skin chemistry blah blah".

I ended up buying it, and its quite pleasant. It can be cloying it some, but overall I think its a great scent and possibly quite unique if you live in the states.

And the self seduction bit - I found that too! haha, but also found that it got great female response.
    Pushed more like shoved at you(especially the Bay) Ive sniffed it and I dont find it interesting(IMO) Its not bad its just Meh to me.
    Damn you F. Malle!!
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)