Code of Conduct

Default Single Note Honeysuckle?

I tried a carded sample with very little data except "Single Notes" Honeysuckle. I really liked this fragrance and wanted to order a bottle, but can't find it anywhere under that name. There is no company name on the card or vial.
    Does anyone know anything about this line? I also tried another carded sample in the line called "Single Notes" Freesia, so I know it's a line of fragrances called "Single Notes". Both cards were creamy white with prints of the individual flower on each card.
    I googled and ebayed it and came up empty. Any information would be appreciated

Default Re: Single Note Honeysuckle?

Wild guess: Parfums Raffy?
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC
    Wild guess: Parfums Raffy?
    A possibility... I wish they showed a pix of their graphics.
    I have a feeling I'm going to be sampling a lot of honeysuckles before I find it. It was the only honeysuckle I've ever liked. And I really liked it. It will be wonderful in the spring.

Can't help with the original question but Annick Goutal is about to re-issue Chevrefeuille, if you haven't tried that. A real walk through Grandma's Summer Garden - pure honeysuckle!! (For me, anyway! :bounce
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Can't help with the original question but Annick Goutal is about to re-issue Chevrefeuille, if you haven't tried that. A real walk through Grandma's Summer Garden - pure honeysuckle!! (For me, anyway! :bounce
    I haven't tried it yet - I owe AG some more sampling. All her rose scents bombed on me, so I gave up the attempt after that. I've never smelled real Honeysuckle - maybe I have an affinity to this fragrance.

I really did love that sample . That is what I want to smell like this spring. There was also a Gardenia sample, in addition to the Freesia I mentioned, but neither of them wowed me like that Honeysuckle. I have a feeling these might have been older samples, sold at Nordstroms, or something like that.

Smile Re: Single Note Honeysuckle?

The only Honeysuckle scent, I know of is SUNFLOWERS by Elizabeth Arden, and that is very distinctive, if you like that kind of scent. My sister bought that when it first came out, and it is very clean & flowery & reasonably priced. Not for me of course. I don't seek out flowery scents, because I don't usually like them.

So far I've found this on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NORDSTROM-SINGLE-NOTE-CITRUS-PERFUME-AND-LOTION_W0QQitemZ140097368462QQcategoryZ11847QQssPa geNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The bottle looks familiar, but I can't place it right now. grrrrr. I'll keep searching.

The Parfums Raffy single notes I got last year did not come carded. I ordered about 20 of them. They are all thick oily samples, uber concentrated to the extreme, and simply labelef in plain type--but no honeysuckle. The labels wrap around horizontally.

I have a decant of AG Chevrefeuille and it was a disappointment to me. I have wild honeysuckle along my backfence. The Chevrefeuille definately has a honeysuckle note, but it's mixed in with as much green and smells like my honeysuckle after I've hit it with the lawn mower. I also get sewer/fecal note that smells like the drainage ditch behind my fence. VERY off putting. I got it for this spring, but I've never given a full wearing. I'm hoping it will do better after the first ten minutes--my Eau de Camille changes that quickly. I'll give a go today!
    Last edited by Shycat; 22nd March 2007 at 06:17 PM.

Here's another link for that "Single Notes" brand. It seems there was a line with this name created for Nordstrom a long time ago.

http://www.ebay.ph/viItem?ItemId=300065479982

Though its not single note, Cynthia Rowleys fragrance is TOTAL honeysuckle. If you are looking for honeysuckle, Cynthia Rowleys fragrance is the one to get.
    Awesomeguy

Taolady is so right! le Chevrefeuille is one of the greatest perfumes by Annick Goutal, please do try if you get a chance.
    It's a poignant green with a honeysweet dewy fresh middle note. Absolutely delicious in spring!
    "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
    Edgar Allan Poe

http://perfumum.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah View Post
    So far I've found this on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NORDSTROM-SINGLE-NOTE-CITRUS-PERFUME-AND-LOTION_W0QQitemZ140097368462QQcategoryZ11847QQssPa geNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The bottle looks familiar, but I can't place it right now. grrrrr. I'll keep searching.
    This is it! The lettering and flower presentation are the same! Now there's hope! I didn't really think of adding the word Nordstrom to my search. Thanks so much.

The Annick Goutal sounds wonderful - honeysuckle with the foliage. It deserves a try on my spring fragrance list.
    Last edited by flathorn; 23rd March 2007 at 02:59 PM.

a couple of my faves are : Annie Oakley Honeysuckle...this line rocks, hard to find in stores but online at annieoakley.com also I find White Shoulders has a really predominant top note of honeysuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah View Post
    Here's another link for that "Single Notes" brand. It seems there was a line with this name created for Nordstrom a long time ago.
    This is definitely the line. I hate to fall in love with a fragrance that's discontinued .
    Maybe I'll mosey on down to the local Nordstrom's and see what's lurking on their shelves. It isn't exactly known for clearing out the old inventory . They could sell me three-year old fashion styles and I'd never know the difference, being the fashion independent I am.