Code of Conduct

Default Am Seeking Reviews of PdN's Maharadjah and/or Maranih

Any out there in Basenotesville thus far?
    NEWLY UPDATED SWAP LIST HERE: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=189152
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 8th March 2007 at 05:17 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Default Re: Am Seeking Reviews of PdN's Maharadjah and/or Maranih

I ordered a bottle of Maharadjah blind and I really do like it. I can't do a proper reivew of it right now but this one is very spicey with a great combo of cinnamon and lavender with more patchouli/clove and a hint of sandalwood in the drydown. Very comforting. I like to wear it to bed. The problem is I just find it hard to wear in public. tvlampboy I've read a lot of your reviews and you have some great taste in classic fragrances. I think you'd like this one too. I can't even think of another fragrance that I could compare it to.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Thanks!

Would like to try Maharadjah -- anybody have decants available for sale or swap?
    MY UPDATED SWAP LIST: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=189152

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I've also been hoping that one of the more distinquished noses around here would post the first few reviews. I have tried them both, but I don't think I can really do them justice. You probably know that Luckyscent has them both in, lists the major notes and has samples available for Maharadjah. I can also tell you that when I asked, they sent me a sample of Maharanhi as well.

Maharadjah is very spicy and aromatic. My grasp of perfume history is still shaky, but I think the idea of a lavender based oriental is novel and it is indeed well done if such a combination appeals to you (does to me!). It is on my eventual buy list.

For me orange and sandalwood and amber form a holy trinity and I can't resist a good rendition of these notes. Maharanhi is utterly delicious without being sweet, the orange is crisp and yet very persistant. Not as spicy as Maharadjah, I won't be able to get to summer without buying a bottle of this.
    If I had any good idea what the words meant anymore, I would say this one is more feminine. I can say that if you really liked Shalimar (and I do), but found yourself in jeans on a weekend, you might reach for this instead.