Code of Conduct

Question Help! Jules Experts Needed

I want to buy a bottle of CD Jules, but I want to make sure I'm getting the real thing. Some of the older fragrances I've purchased recently (Nino Cerruti PH) have been weaker than they should have been.

I found a bottle of Jules at the site below, but the bottle is different than the one pictured in the Basenotes directory.

Is this the real thing?

http://www.imaginationperfumery.com/...or-for-men-816

Default Re: Help! Jules Experts Needed

I have a very old bottle and that is kind of oval in shape and very dark, almost black. Go to OsMoz France. They show almost the same box you saw and the bottle I am talking about, except mine is much darker.
    http://www.osmotheque.fr
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Im not an expert but I had a bottle in the 1980s and I recently found out my nephew has one the same which he still uses (and the juice is still good after 20+ years and sloppy storage!). It was a bit like the one in the directory but with a wide sprayer built into the bottle. I have seen bottles like the one in your link on a few reputable sites. i think it is just the new design.

A basenoter just went to paris and bought a bottle... now who was it again?.....that's it Ruggles!
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    Im not an expert but I had a bottle in the 1980s and I recently found out my nephew has one the same which he still uses (and the juice is still good after 20+ years and sloppy storage!). It was a bit like the one in the directory but with a wide sprayer built into the bottle. I have seen bottles like the one in your link on a few reputable sites. i think it is just the new design.

A basenoter just went to paris and bought a bottle... now who was it again?.....that's it Ruggles!
    If you are located near San Francisco, Neiman Marcus Union Square has bottles of Jules in their men's department. Good luck.

I've owned both bottles and it smells like the same juice to me.

Jules comes on like gangbusters but actually dries down to a relatively tame fragrance, and I didn't find either bottle particularly long-lasting.

Still, one of the greats!

My bottle of Jules comes in yet a third bottle style:

http://www.1stperfume.com/julesmetsl9ml.html?nextag

It is similar to the one in the link posted in the starter message in this thread, but is taller, with ridges running vertically along the bottle. Although the one in this ad is a small splash bottle mine is the 100ml spray.

I tested Jules which came in the older, brown, oval shaped bottle, but bought mine in another branch of the same chain store and just happened to get a different bottle style.

As far as I remember they smell the same, but I cannot be absolutely sure. But I think that it's only the bottle styles that have changed, not the fragrance.

Just guessing here, but based on the styles of the bottles I would say that the brown oval one is the oldest, with the one I have the next one, and the one first posted in this thread the newest style. I'm basing this on my impressions of overall styles over the years. What I think is the newest one just looks more contemporary than the others.

I checked the Dior website and what I think is the new bottle is indeed the one they picture. BTW, the box appears to be the same for all bottle styles.

But I haven't seen that style bottle around here and haven't tested it. It certainly shows up on Web sellers' pages. So I cannot say for sure that the juice is the same as the others.

noggs
    Last edited by noggs; 9th March 2007 at 05:03 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles
    If you are located near San Francisco, Neiman Marcus Union Square has bottles of Jules in their men's department. Good luck.
    I recently bought Jules at the SF Neiman's, and the bottle and box look exactly like the picture in your link. It's plenty strong and lasts a long time, too. A beautiful, green scent.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB
    I recently bought Jules at the SF Neiman's, and the bottle and box look exactly like the picture in your link. It's plenty strong and lasts a long time, too. A beautiful, green scent.
    This is the one fragrance that I don't have and would most like to have. Very elusive!

Anyone want to do a straight swap for C&S 88?
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

Eluard, I think I can say with confidence you would like Jules. Get some.

My 80's bottle and my nephews one looks like this one
    http://www.1stperfume.com/julesmetsp17.html

he has thrown it around, kept it on window sills, kept it in a warm humid environment and it is still good after 20 years. Remarkable!
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews