Code of Conduct

Default Best concealer for dark circles?

I am losing ground with my dark circles. i am very fair skinned and between the genetics, allergies and asthma I am fighting a losing battle! Any recommendations?

Default Re: Best concealer for dark circles?

I am like you, dark circles from hell. Deep set eyes, fair skin and I have sinus problems.

To be honest nothing actually conceals my dark circles totally. I do the best I can to make them less noticable.

One tip is do not put eyeliner all the way round your eyes, leave a gap at the inner corner. I lighten that tiny part with a light pencil or highlighter.

As for concealer, Prescriptives do a Flawless one, which is quite good. I have found dabbing with a finger works better than using a brush.

Sue Devitt has a stick which is good as you can get it in the inner corner by swiping it on.

Do not go need YSL Touche Eclat, it will do nothing. Infact it is really a highlighter and now meant to conceal.

Also do not buy one too light, as it makes the circles look worse!!!

I also use Laura Mercier Brightening Powder which does not go into the wrinkles etc and is very fine. There are two shades 1 which is white, and I actually thought it made my circles more noticable too. And a pale lemon 2 which gave a more natural look. I apply over my concealer when I have finished dabbing etc.

There is a brand we have in the UK by a makeup artist called Ariane Poole, she is available by mail order from her website. She does a palette off three shades very light lemon cream/golden and a deep tan colour. Her palette is excellant as it is not greasy at all. Now I have never used the Tan part too dark by far. But she does a travel version where you can pick your shades to go in the smaller palette. Two lightest and one medium etc.

Checkout www.arianepoole.com
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    I am like you, dark circles from hell. Deep set eyes, fair skin and I have sinus problems.

To be honest nothing actually conceals my dark circles totally. I do the best I can to make them less noticable.

One tip is do not put eyeliner all the way round your eyes, leave a gap at the inner corner. I lighten that tiny part with a light pencil or highlighter.

As for concealer, Prescriptives do a Flawless one, which is quite good. I have found dabbing with a finger works better than using a brush.

Sue Devitt has a stick which is good as you can get it in the inner corner by swiping it on.

Do not go need YSL Touche Eclat, it will do nothing. Infact it is really a highlighter and now meant to conceal.

Also do not buy one too light, as it makes the circles look worse!!!

I also use Laura Mercier Brightening Powder which does not go into the wrinkles etc and is very fine. There are two shades 1 which is white, and I actually thought it made my circles more noticable too. And a pale lemon 2 which gave a more natural look. I apply over my concealer when I have finished dabbing etc.

There is a brand we have in the UK by a makeup artist called Ariane Poole, she is available by mail order from her website. She does a palette off three shades very light lemon cream/golden and a deep tan colour. Her palette is excellant as it is not greasy at all. Now I have never used the Tan part too dark by far. But she does a travel version where you can pick your shades to go in the smaller palette. Two lightest and one medium etc.

Checkout www.arianepoole.com
    Thanks for the info. I will be investigating soon

My all-time favorite concealer is Chanel's Pro Lumiere Correcteur. I have extremely fair skin and the color "10 Light" is perfect for me.

It has a brush applicator, you have to apply it and immediately pat it in to blend. If you wait longer than a few seconds it will dry and look terrible, so the key is to blend it immediately.

Blog Entries

You might try Maquicomplet--complete coverage concealer by Lancome. Light buff is the color I use over a tiny bit of light yellow (the label fell off-exact color not known) which covers and neutralizes purple shadows better than anything I've ever tried. I have pale skin and freckles. I have had thin skin under the eyes and blood vessels that show ever since I was 5 or 6 so it has nothing to do with age. It's just fair skin. I like this stuff because it doesn't creep into creases.

yeah i have the same problem (cept im slightly darker, almost olive skinned but not quite) and the circles are quite dark. can never seem to find any good correctional stuff... blending in a bit of slightly lighter concealer makes it less obvious but nothing makes it go away, so i usually try to draw attention to other things like my lashes or lips or something

i also do wat donna does with the light eyeliner in the inner corners but i line the inner half with light eyeliner and smudge into a darker one at the ends.

tell me if u find any good lightening stuff!

I think we have similar faces

I use a Physician's Formula double-ended concealer: yellow to mask the darkness, and fleshtone to mask the yellow xD

http://www.physiciansformula.com/Pro...ers/02740.html

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Concealer SPF10. I won't use anything else. Don't even ask.

Smile Re: Best concealer for dark circles?

I used to use Innoxa concealer in a stick formulation. Not sure if they sell it in the US, but.

Quote Originally Posted by tdi View Post
    I am losing ground with my dark circles. i am very fair skinned and between the genetics, allergies and asthma I am fighting a losing battle! Any recommendations?
    I suffer all the same things as you, fair skinned, allergies, horrible asthma. I used to work in cosmetics, so I really needed to conceal the darkness, especially when my asthma was really acting up. I had great luck with Mr. Light concealer from Givenchy, we sold it in Sephora. I used Mr. Meringue for my shade, you might use the same. I would brush it on, then I would tap it into the skin. That is the trick, do not rub it in...tap it into the skin with your ring finger, it exudes the least amount of pressure (so you won't damage the delicate under-eye skin)
    Good luck
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

Bobbi Brown is the only concealer that really covers my dark circles, as it is pink based. Anything yellow looks like neon on my skin tone.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Quote Originally Posted by bront82 View Post
    Bobbi Brown is the only concealer that really covers my dark circles, as it is pink based. Anything yellow looks like neon on my skin tone.
    I just tried this concealer myself and really like it. I would also recommend the luminous moisturizing foundation and rouge pot...or is it pot rouge??? dunno. just very natural looking and leaves skin feeling soft and dewy
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I have horrible undereye troubles...dark circles, bags, bumps...the best product I've found is Benefit's Eye Bright. It's a pencil, light pink hue, sheer - and does a damn good job! I think it goes for about $18.00 at Sephora.

I'm a natural cosmetics fan... here is my recommendation.

Drink LOTS of water.
    Get at least 8 hours of sleep a night (if possible, I know it doesn't always fit into my schedule).

And then find a system that works. I use Fresh's Lotus eye gel (and I keep it in the fridge, that makes it feel awesome), then follow it up with their liquid concealer and set it with powder. I also keep a stick of Nars concealer (In ginger, I think... I'm olive/tan) in my kit in case I need a quick touch up.

Also good, but a bit spendy is Chantecaille's Vital Essence. I love it because it nourished and also soothes. You could use it as a replacement for the Lotus eye gel, but I think it's worthwhile to have both of them on hand.
    Last edited by Kewal; 3rd March 2008 at 11:55 PM.

YSL Touch' Eclat

BeneFit Lemon Aid cream corrector works best for my dark circles. If I'm wear a lot of makeup I'll use BeneFit Boi-ing! in Medium, but the Lemon Aid neutralizes for my daytime makeup.
    Last edited by Tovah; 4th June 2008 at 06:19 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkOYBiy1nOA

Have a look at this tutorial to remove dark circles. The girl in the video uses an orange colour under her skin coloured concealer to 'neutralize' a bluish tinge of the dark circle.

I use Benefit's Boi-ing in the lightest shade (am also very pale). It sets well and doesn't budge, but it does have a tendency to creep into fine lines sometimes.

Another very fair-skinned person with dark circles here. I have found Mac to be the very best concealer. Make sure it matches the undertones of your skin (pink, yellow etc.). I'll also second Benefit's Lemon Aid - used under concealer or just applied very, very well, that stuff can work wonders. Sometimes, if I'm very tired and I put it on one eye and look in the mirror, the other eye looks like it's black. Stupid circles!

Oh, make sure you apply with a concealer brush, too. Way easier and better than a fingertip, imo.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

I swear by Cle de Peau's stick concealer. Creamy, light, dries to a nice matte finish, all day coverage, and NO creasing whatsoever.

Just bought myself Benefit's Boi-ing and it's tremendous. Wish I'd got it years ago.

I use a concealer that is used for blue/greenish undereye circles as it will balance out that colour, like in the video. It's a miracle..then i cover it with powder to make it look more natural and it works really well.

It's very cheap and from the make up store also know as make up forever or the face stockholm. It's maybe 10$ and lasts a long time. They have the same system for other blemishes in other colours ( concealer that works good on red tone blemishes for instance)
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

I've got golden olive skin and for me Make Up Forever's Full Cover Concealer (in Golden Beige 10) works well. It's creamy yet dries to a semi-matte finish and does hardly crease. (I have oily skin.) I apply it with a synthetic bristle concealer brush and finally blend it a bit more by pressing it in with my ring finger.
    I am NOT my hair, I am NOT my skin ; I AM the soul that lives within!

Helena Rubinstein Magic Concealer ist THE best concealer ever! I have tried ysl, dior, chanel, clinique, guerlain and a lot of cheaper ones and this one is magnificent. I have purple/blue circles and my veins show this concealer covers them up, doesn't dry out my skin and doesn't settle into fine lines

I'm also very fair and I use a concealer by Estee Lauder that I'm very happy with. I'm not sure if it's the one Beach Roses mentioned (I'm awful at remembering names and titles). It's the only Estee Lauder cosmetic that I use. It's the only one that is not too yellow for my skin tone. It gives good smooth coverage, not too thick, not too thin, doesn't fade or crease. I apply it in small dots with a Qtip and then smooth with my pinky.

I have very fair dry skin. I also wear glasses with tinted lenses, and have for years. I don't have dark circles, or crow's feet or any of that, but because of the tinting, the skin around my eyes is much lighter than the rest of my face, and I look like a raccoon in reverse. I have to use a concealer that is a little darker in order to even out the skin tone. I found a great concealer at Sephora called " Time Balm ". It comes in a plastic pot, and goes on very smoothly. I find that it isn't greasy, and doesn't crease. I dab it on with my ring finger. This is probably the best concealer I have ever used. One good thing about Sephora is that they will give you a small sample of a product.

Smile Re: Best concealer for dark circles?

Quote Originally Posted by scentedmemories View Post
    Just bought myself Benefit's Boi-ing and it's tremendous. Wish I'd got it years ago.
    Another vote for Boi-ing. it doesn't budge once it's put on, and has a lot of tint so it covers super well. I use a tiny brush or my finger depending on the amount of coverup needed.

My sister talks amazing things about Shiseido's concealers.

Hillaire

another vote for YSL Touch' Eclat
    There's nothing like it.

Wow! I feel like I am missing out on a whole world. This thread is so interesting.

Another one here with fair skin and the dreaded dark circles, touche eclat is good but to be honest its more a highlighter type product. One I love is boots no7 instant radiance concealer pen, it comes in 2 shades I use the more pinky one. I just tried bobbi browns last week in warm ivory it was rather good, quite heavy coverage. I want to try MAC's as I'm a MAC fan but dunno how the heck ye go about with all the undertones business NC or NW, I would say my skin is more pinky undertoned.

Also heard good things about l'oreal touche magique as well