Code of Conduct

Default Le Labo - Rose 31 is this a modern smelling fragrance or for older men?

Is this a modern hip fragrance ?

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Le Labo - Rose 31 is this a modern smelling fragrance or for older men?

It all depends on what your nose determines it to be. I just like the way it smells - no other classification than that.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 24th October 2010 at 01:40 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Le Labo - Rose 31 is this a modern smelling fragrance or for older men?

I don't really care what age group it's aimed at, if any. All I know is that it smells great.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

The whole aesthetic to the Le Labo line is modern & hip.

I would definatly try it , its more woodsy than rosey but still lovely IMHO

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's modern. I'm in my mid 30's, and thought it would be a great pick-up for me, and I don't consider myself old! :P

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

The age group oft-associated with a fragrance isn't the issue. Whatever the fragrance, the real question is: can YOU rock it?

Post Thanks / Like

Rose 31 definitely fits into the modern fragrance category. The use of incense woods and transparent synthetic notes is a very contemporary idea. Also the scent combination of rose with cumin and vetiver is quite unusual. No matter what a person thinks of Rose 31 it is definitely a very "modern" smelling fragrance. It is one of my favorites, but I know more women who are crazy about it than men which I find interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

i dont know how to classify scents in terms of whats modern and whats not. If a scent was made 100 years ago, does that make it old? i guess... but if a scent was made yesterday using the same notes as the 100 year old fragrance, is it modern? but how can it be because it smells old?? you see my confusion... Rose 31 smells great, on whoever, whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by jlouismi View Post
    i dont know how to classify scents in terms of whats modern and whats not. If a scent was made 100 years ago, does that make it old? i guess... but if a scent was made yesterday using the same notes as the 100 year old fragrance, is it modern? but how can it be because it smells old?? you see my confusion... Rose 31 smells great, on whoever, whenever.
    Its just the name "Rose 31" I picture an overpowering pungent rose scent that is worn by an old woman LOL

but i see it gets a lot of love. I Love the following scents...

Creed Millisme Imperial
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creen Green Irish Tweed
    Allure Homme Sport
    Allure Homme Edition Blanche
    Amourage Reflection Man
    A* Men Pure Malt
    Dior Homme Intense
    YSL - Nuit De L Homme
    Paco - 1 Million

Judging by my "taste" is Rose 31 for me??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snipe View Post
    Its just the name "Rose 31" I picture an overpowering pungent rose scent that is worn by an old woman LOL

but i see it gets a lot of love. I Love the following scents...

Creed Millisme Imperial
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creen Green Irish Tweed
    Allure Homme Sport
    Allure Homme Edition Blanche
    Amourage Reflection Man
    A* Men Pure Malt
    Dior Homme Intense
    YSL - Nuit De L Homme
    Paco - 1 Million

Judging by my "taste" is Rose 31 for me??
    Um, hard to say. Its kinda unique to my nose, i happen to love it, i dont have anything like it in my small collection. my only advice, try it.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    The whole aesthetic to the Le Labo line is modern & hip.
    I fully agree. Scent-wise too. It definitely does not smell "dated" or resemble other more traditional/classic scents. Modern & hip is rather fitting.

Post Thanks / Like

It can be worn by anyone who likes it and is not so insecure as to question whether it's an "older man" scent.

It may not fit with your wardrobe.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 25th October 2010 at 05:50 PM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you feel better if it had been named "Rose pour Homme"?

Judging by the list, I'd hazard a guess - it's probably not for you. You have to like 'rose'. And to some extent, 'spices'.

Post Thanks / Like

I barely get any rose from it. It smells like spicy carrot soup served in a cedar bowl, sprinkled with sandalwood. It's amazing, not sweet or old at all. Try it first, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rose 31

Hey, I am sampling Rose 31 for the 3rd time and I just can't get any longevity from it. I love the scent but I don't want to spend $150 for something that last for only 4-6 hrs. Maybe it's just my skin?... Does anyone have the same issue as me?

Default Re: Rose 31

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    Hey, I am sampling Rose 31 for the 3rd time and I just can't get any longevity from it. I love the scent but I don't want to spend $150 for something that last for only 4-6 hrs. Maybe it's just my skin?... Does anyone have the same issue as me?
    I bought a small bottle of Rose 31 directly from Le Labo as a blind but in October 2010 and loved it! The longevity was excellent and the scent trail it left behind was amazing. Now, six months later the scent is still great, but longevity lasts about two hours and no more scent trail. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like iI will be purchasing another bottle. Now I am disappointed and left looking for a new rose scent.

lasts a good 8 hours for me. This is a great scent, very modern

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    It lasts all day for me. May depend on how you're wearing it.

To the OP from last year, it's obviously very modern by definition. I wear and love it and get a lot others loving it too. Wear what you love!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

The only scent that has ever struck me as unmistakably old is aramis.