Code of Conduct

Default YSL Kouros vs. Creed Orange Spice

I had the pleasure to sample Creed's Orange Spice and - being a worshipper of the mighty Kouros - I have to say I love this scent.

Yet, if I had to choose, I would go for Kouros instead, as all the important notes seem to be more pronounced, yet a little more synthetic.

Does it make sense to own both?

Default Re: YSL Kouros vs. Creed Orange Spice

Quote Originally Posted by ClassyGuy View Post
    I had the pleasure to sample Creed's Orange Spice and - being a worshipper of the mighty Kouros - I have to say I love this scent.

Yet, if I had to choose, I would go for Kouros instead, as all the important notes seem to be more pronounced, yet a little more synthetic.

Does it make sense to own both?
    Both? That would be a luxury. I find that the Creed stays a bit more 'clean' in the drydown, while Kouros has a dose of 'decedance' that's missing from Orange Spice.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you guys, and sort of ache to have the luxury of both of them. (I only have Kouros.) The difference is somehow in the scent's "tone of voice," so to speak. Kouros is raw and alarming with the same notes that Orange Spice shows, and Kouros is fantastic in my view as a result, but there's something beautifully quiet-room about Orange Spice. Kouros is Achilles, say, and Orange Spice is Odysseus, if I can mix metaphors. If I can't mix metaphors, then I'd say Kouros says the same things Orange Spice does, but Kouros suffers from a bit of deafness in both ears. Therefore Kouros talks louder in polite company.

That difference between them is enough to make me want both, but so far I've not gotten both. Wanting is enough.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Since you can get a bottle of Kouros cheap, I see no reason for not having both if you're so inclined.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein