Code of Conduct

Default High end colognes and a different scent for each cologne

Thank you all.

The colognes I have now are Hugo by Hugo Boss...very strong and woodsy. The only reason I wear this one is my wife like's it.

I bought CK Be but I am not happy with it..small bottle thank God.

Lastly...I have L'Eau Dissey and about 10% left. Dont want it again. Not a fan of Le male or Armani codes or mania.

I will have nothing but HUGO left, so I'm at a stage where its time to re-up!

It is a given to get Aqua Di Gio again, so thats one.

I am partial to Double Black, I tried it over the weekend. Thats 2.

My question is this:

I want to then get different scents in each cologne, I guess a daywear, and a nightwear. In other words...aqua Di Gio is totally different from Double Black....then like..pick another one thats totally different from the other etc.etc.

I am pretty much done with the "Pop" scents in a way other than DB and Gio..want to hit the High end colognes...

What do you recommend adding to a stash of Aqua Di Gio, Double Black, and Hugo?

You know?...something different in each cologne ..one cologne per day of the week.

Thanks! Just sprayed HUGO to go to work...man' I like the new Boss Selection better.

Default Re: High end colognes and a different scent for each cologne

high end doesn't mean better. many people preffer to smell clean like the "low end" rather than classy like the "high end" ones. but, it's all preference.

platinum egoiste costs the same as cool water at Macy's, lmao.

I consider L'eau high end, but popular.

I'm not sure about what is "highend" to you but I'll try giving you some niches to try out.

For some summer/warmer weather:
    L'Artisan - Voleur de Roses
    Creed - Green Irish Tweed
    Creed - Neroli Sauvage
    Geir Ness - Geir

Cooler weather:
    L'Artisan - Ambre Extreme
    L'Artisan - Tea for Two
    L'Artisan - Dzing!
    L'Artisan - Mechant Loup
    MPG - Santal Noble
    Serge Lutens - Chergui
    Serge Lutens - Fumerie Turque
    Montale - Patchouli Leaves

Those are some that are heavy or light citrus. I don't know exactly what you are looking for but I would expect those to be considered highend. Usually we go by niche houses and designers. Some designers sell their stuff for more but that just makes it more expensive to us, not better or more highend. Niches are made by fragrance houses and are usually a little different from the norm. Either way, I hope you find what you are looking for!

Thank you sir.

I have a lot of homework to do. lol lol

Thanks bro.

One really interesting fragrance in my collection is Infusion (2003) by Bombay Sapphire. This is a fragrance based upon Bombay Sapphire Gin. Gin is after all simply a neutral alcohol infused with aromatics, Gin is really a drinkable cologne. It is a very rare and difficult to find cologne but it is available on Ebay at a reasonable price. It is a really crisp, cool, pleasing scent, great for hot weather. If you want to know what it smells like, go to a bar and order a Gin Martini made with Bombay Sapphire Gin. The longevity is really rather good too.

I also would not obsess over getting "High End" fragrances. Really what matters is how happy you are with the scent. Shopping for fragrance is not like shopping for a car where the cost of production is a significant portion of the final cost. With fragrance, the cost of production is a small fraction of the final cost of the fragrance. The VAST majority of the cost of a fragrance is in marketing and distribution. So what I'm saying is the cost to produce a fragrance which retails for $50 a bottle is not that much different then a bottle which retails for $200. This year's top Men's fragrance, Vetiver (1961) by Guerlain can be had at a very modest price ($31 for 4.1oz bottle). I personally feel that Creed makes an extremely good but expensive line of fragrances. That being said, I've yet to find a Creed fragrance that I was not able to find another fragrance at half to a quarter of the cost that I like at least as much and in many cases more.
    Last edited by oolong; 13th March 2007 at 05:34 PM.
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane - Oscar Wilde