Code of Conduct

Default I spoke with the SA at Nordy's today and

she said to expect EVERYTHING in the store (Columbia, MD)
    by the first week of APR...I said EVERYTHING and she said yes...
    She named off:

D&G Light Blue PH, Hypnose Homme, CK In2U (or something like that), JPG Fleur du Male (White), Kiton Black, Prada 2 and Gucci PH 2. I may have missed a few but she said the entire "SPRING" line will be in soon....just an FYI...

Oh, she also said that a new Sean Jean will be out in the fall...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I spoke with the SA at Nordy's today and

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22 View Post
    Oh, she also said that a new Sean Jean will be out in the fall...
    The new Sean John will be called Unforgivable Multi-Platinum. Yes, as in the platinum records that the RIAA or the BPI (no, not that BPI) hand out after an album has reached a megaton in sales.
    Last edited by MFfan310; 12th March 2007 at 05:59 PM.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Word has it that he likes to fill his studio with the scent of the candle Tuberose by Diptyque. He burns five or 6 at a time. Do you think there is a chance he may choose to copy Frederic Malle - Carnal Flower next?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is this a Nordstrom thing or something a MD thing? I wonder if they will all have the new stuff here in Colorado stores. I'll just have to look!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS View Post
    Is this a Nordstrom thing or something a MD thing? I wonder if they will all have the new stuff here in Colorado stores. I'll just have to look!!
    Ok maybe you can help me here. I haven't had too much experience in Nordstrom stores...but places like Saks and Niemans rarely have the selection I would expect. I mean I can't even find Dior Homme. Are there any dedicated fragrances stores that I don't know about in the Denver area (if that's where you are)? I know there's a Perfumania at Colorado Mills, but I'm looking for a shop with a little more breadth and depth.

Also, I think Nordstrom stores have individual buyers...if not for each store then at least for each region or city. Now that may only apply to clothes. I'm not sure if how many guidelines there are on what frags to carry.

What is that Gucci PH 2 supposed to be like? Does it share notes with the original? I'm excited!
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 12th March 2007 at 06:29 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I ususally go to the Flatirons Mall. I'm in Boulder and that is the only thing anywhere close to me. It has a great selection of stores. The Nordys is great there. I am almost positive you can find Dior Homme there. I think I saw it there before.

I'm looking forward to the new Gucci. The original is one of my favorites so I hope this one can live up to the name.

Post Thanks / Like

Aww man I was afraid you'd say that...I'm in south Denver and Flatirons is the furthest possible mall from me oh well, I'll have to check it out anyway. You'd think i'd have to look no further than Cherry Creek.

Just to clarify, are these fragrances not yet released, or are they technically out, but not carried at stores yet because it isn't spring?
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

oh yeah....she also said Gendarme is coming out with one called SKY and it will be available....I can't remember if she said that one was for APR or not though.

Post Thanks / Like

RJ,

Wow, after reading your posts for years it turns out we're neighbors! I go to the Nordy's at Columbia Mall, too, (since I live about a mile away) and besides their great selection they are perfectly happy to make you samples of whatever you want. I wonder what other scentophiles are in our area?

CJ

Post Thanks / Like

D&G Light Blue PH, Hypnose Homme, CK In2U (or something like that), JPG Fleur du Male (White), Kiton Black, Prada 2 and Gucci PH 2.
    Is Prada launching a new men's scent already this spring? Any more info?

-Tero-

Sorry, nothing other than what she told me...
    I'll specifically ask about this one next time I'm there.

Quote Originally Posted by GGA View Post
    Is Prada launching a new men's scent already this spring? Any more info?

-Tero-

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    RJ,

Wow, after reading your posts for years it turns out we're neighbors! I go to the Nordy's at Columbia Mall, too, (since I live about a mile away) and besides their great selection they are perfectly happy to make you samples of whatever you want. I wonder what other scentophiles are in our area?

CJ
    I'm a regular at the Columbia Nordstrom's too! It's a 10 minute drive from my office, and the employees in there have always been very helpful. I can't wait to try the new Light Blue PH. It is a little out of the way, but the Blue Mercury store at the Bmore inner harbor is also a great place to shop for frags, the SA's in there are similarly wonderful and they have a pretty solid selection of niche frags (Creed, Diptyque, CSP, L'Artisan, Acqua Di Parma, Fresh, etc)

Ugh...the Nordstrom's here in the Twin Cities is really sparse when it comes to fragrances. I'd been wanting to try Dior Homme and couldn't find it anywhere here...until I found it at a shop in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport last month!

There aren't very good resources here, so I'm doing mail order and eBay a lot more than I did when I lived in California.
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

That's pretty cool...4 folks in the MD area.
    I've never been to the blue mercury....I'll have to check it out soon.
    Is it near the Cheescake factory ?

Quote Originally Posted by Domer04 View Post
    I'm a regular at the Columbia Nordstrom's too! It's a 10 minute drive from my office, and the employees in there have always been very helpful. I can't wait to try the new Light Blue PH. It is a little out of the way, but the Blue Mercury store at the Bmore inner harbor is also a great place to shop for frags, the SA's in there are similarly wonderful and they have a pretty solid selection of niche frags (Creed, Diptyque, CSP, L'Artisan, Acqua Di Parma, Fresh, etc)

That's pretty cool...4 folks in the MD area.
    I've never been to the blue mercury....I'll have to check it out soon.
    Is it near the Cheescake factory ?
    Yep, it is on the first floor of the little mall right across Pratt street from the Cheesecake factory. There is a walkway that goes from the building with the Cheesecake factory over Pratt to the mall. It's definitely worth checking out if you're in the area.