Code of Conduct

Default Jil Sander Man question

I'm getting conflicting information regarding a potential purchase.

The bottle is being sold as "Jil Sander Man". I looked in the directory and didn't see anything by this name. There are many variations of "Man"...Man Pure, Man II, Man III etc., but there isn't one by the name of "Man" alone. Is there a "Jil Sander Man" and just not in the directory or is this potential purchase mislabeled?

The description given to me by the seller is "Black bottle, black cap, bevel cut into the center of the bottle, red box, 4.2 oz..

This description matches "Feeling man" almost exactly, but I'm not sure about the box color.

Any idea about what this is? and if you know what it is...is it a good Sander fragrance?

Thanks

Default Re: Jil Sander Man question

To the best of my knowledge the Feeling Man bottle says Man although the red box says Feeling Man. That is what mine say( I have two) and it is definitely Feeling Man in the bottles.
    Last edited by stuigi; 12th March 2007 at 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Thanks, I'm not sure about this one.
    Last edited by CuyahogaJoe; 12th March 2007 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CuyahogaJoe View Post
    The description given to me by the seller is "Black bottle, black cap, bevel cut into the center of the bottle, red box, 4.2 oz..

This description matches "Feeling man" almost exactly, but I'm not sure about the box color.

Any idea about what this is? and if you know what it is...is it a good Sander fragrance?

Thanks
    All the other details (bottle size, color, form and cap) fit in the description of Jil Sander Man Pure (1981), except that the box is black with two red lines crossing over it... I believe Feeling Man never came in the size of 4.2 oz!

Regards,
    -Tero-

Does the Man Pure box have "Pure" printed on the box anywhere? The picture provided by the seller is the black box with 2 red stripes, but it is a stick deodorant box.

It is true that Feeling Man does not come in a 4.2 oz.

"Black bottle, black cap, bevel cut into the center of the bottle, red box, 4.2 oz..
    That must be Jil Sander's first (1981). Get it, it may be the only chance you'll ever get!

Does the Man Pure box have "Pure" printed on the box anywhere?
    No, it doesn't - only Jil Sander Eau de toilette / Man.

-Tero-

Get it, I love it; the one you discribe sounds like the red Jil Sander Man, as per box, or Feeling man as it is called.plain glass.
    The Pure comes in a brown glass bottle.all other comments^^ here are correct..
    Current Favourites: Touaregh -Il Profumo/ Le Vainqueur- Rue Rance/ Versus Uomo -Versace/ Sculpture -Nikos/ Acier Aluminium - Creed/ Santal Noble - MPG

I just got clarification from the seller...the box is black with the red pin-stripe lines crossing at the center of the box.

I believe this is Man Pure, but did the re-introduced version come in the same packaging?

I have a bottle of the original and it's close to number 2 or 3 of all time favorites (for me), but I didn't get a box with it...therein lies my confusion
    Last edited by CuyahogaJoe; 13th March 2007 at 05:35 PM.

I just got clarification from the seller...the box is black with the red pin-stripe lines crossing at the center of the box.

I believe this is Man Pure, but did the re-introduced version come in the same packaging?

I have a bottle of the original and it's close to number 2 or 3 of all time favorites (for me), but I didn't get a box with it...therein lies my confusion
    The new Jil Sander Man Pure (2004) has a white box and the whole name is printed with silver letters on it, so you can't mix it up with the old (and better IMHO) Man Pure.

-T-

I found on sale some bottles of After-Shave (not EDT) of a Jil Sander scent.The boxes lok old/tired and their color is red ,just like the box of Feeling Man.But this is not imprinted on the box.I did not see the actual bottle.Is this the original Jil Sander Man Pure (1981) ?
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120872.html
    If this one is an expensive/discontinued item,then I sould proceed to buy it!
    Thank's a lot!
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256