Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Name your "comfort scent" & most "sexy scent" that you reach for the most*

There is times that you just need that blanket around you, to make you feel comfortable & safe...

Then there's the time you just want to exude all your sex appeal & turn heads & have people come up to you & say, mmmmm...you smell niiiiice... (especially the opposite sex)

Which is your favorite comfort scent?
    Which is your favorite sexy scent?

Default Re: Name your "comfort scent" & most "sexy scent" that you reach for the most*

Hypnotic Poison is my favourite comfort scent. It's like comfort food!
    Sexy? Well...actually I'm not sure on this one. I think it'll end up being Musc Ravageur, once I can afford a bottle (I've already blown the perfume budget for this month!) though Ambre Sultan makes me feel very good indeed.

Smile Re: Name your "comfort scent" & most "sexy scent" that you reach for the most*

favorite comfort scent: Musc Ravageur, L 'Heure Bleue (extrait de parfum)

favorite most sexy scent: Fleurs d 'Oranger, Rose Barbare

Default Re: Name your "comfort scent" & most "sexy scent" that you reach for the most*

This doesn't work for me quite like I thought it would. For regular stress I tend to go for powdery fragrances - Dune, Ombre Rose, Royal Bain de Caron and so on. When one of my friends died, I would have *assumed* that I would have used a lot of powdery perfumes because I was horribly stressed out, but I found that the most comforting and easy thing to wear was Jean Patou 1000, which I wore for a few weeks on the trot (something I never, ever do). I've not worn it since. I wonder why it fitted the bill?

Sexy...Mitsouko seems to have the most appeal for other people, but I also like Diorling (and my husband loves it).

hmmm....i'm not too sure...possibly Be Delicious as my comfort scent - though my 10ml decant is running out fast...I need a full bottle!! lol

sexy...what is this word "sexy" you speak of?? that word's not in my vocabulary :P

For me, my "comfort scent & most "sexy scent" is the same one; Fracas!
    I feel "at home" in Fracas, it gives me a feeling of safety and consolation when I wear it all for myself. I also do feel sexy in it, if worn to a dinner party or some other social event. Funny thing is, though, that when I wear it (always sparingly in public!), women tend to comment on how good I smell, and ask what I´m wearing, while men aren´t equally positive about it (- and I´ve asked quite a few on their honest opinion!). My impression is that Fracas is more appealing to women...

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy_liv View Post
    hmmm....i'm not too sure...possibly Be Delicious as my comfort scent - though my 10ml decant is running out fast...I need a full bottle!! lol

sexy...what is this word "sexy" you speak of?? that word's not in my vocabulary :P
    That's funny you say that, because I was always miss sexpot, most of my life, but in the past 7 years or so, don't feel sexy at all, but I'm just giving an example of what most people may feel like.
    Even though I don't quite feel "sexy" anymore, sometimes when I'm having better days, I feel kind of like I used to, I want to feel more noticeable.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by musse View Post
    For me, my "comfort scent & most "sexy scent" is the same one; Fracas!
    I feel "at home" in Fracas, it gives me a feeling of safety and consolation when I wear it all for myself. I also do feel sexy in it, if worn to a dinner party or some other social event. Funny thing is, though, that when I wear it (always sparingly in public!), women tend to comment on how good I smell, and ask what I´m wearing, while men aren´t equally positive about it (- and I´ve asked quite a few on their honest opinion!). My impression is that Fracas is more appealing to women...
    I never personally smelled Fracras, but from what I heard about it, it is flowery, & very feminine, and sometimes men don't respond to that typical female kind of scent, as much as women do. I wear the opposite kinds of scents, (more spicy & exotic) and get alot of feedback, more from men, some women like it too, but not as much as men do.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, I don't think that men like the same scents on women, as women like on themselves, of course there are always exceptions, but for the most part they don't.
    Last edited by Dolly Dagger; 13th March 2007 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

musse, I am with you on Fracas. I feel great and super sexy when I wear it. It is just unfortunate that many of my friends / family don't appreciate this scent. I have a few comforting scents in mind which I would reach for: Datura Noir, Rahat Loukhoum by SL OR Hypnotic Poison.

But right now, I am going thru the dark ages. I fell in love with Black Aoud and L'heure Bleue where they smell very gothic and sad to me.

Blog Entries

Comfort: Clinique Happy (men), CK be, and Gaultier2

Sexy: Bvlgari Black and Lolita Lempicka au masculin
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Comfort scents : Angel the Lily, KM Loukhoum, Yves Rocher Cocoon ( do you
    get a recurring theme here?? Chocolate/sweet food!!)

Sexy :- Cristobal (so I am reliably informed) JPG Classique, Habanita.

Comfort:
    Mitsouko parfum, Jicky EdT, AA Lavande Velours, Angelique Encens, Ambre Sultan, Shalimar parfum. I know, not one, but I reach for all of these fairly often, and find them comforting depending on what I need. For historical reasons, sometimes Stila Creme Bouquet.

Sexy:
    Even more than comfort scents, this varies for me. Do I want to be irresistable to my partner, am I wearing it just for me, am I lecturing that day (and if so, am I wearing tall leather boots, red lipstick, comfortable jeans)? I can feel very alluring in Mitsouko; the S.O. has a thing for vanilla/ almonds/ cherry so Farnesiana or PotL Luctor et Emergo; Jicky in parfum; I often go with a variant on the sexy librarian but there are so many. I love woods and incense and tend to feel sexy in them, so Angelique Encens, Black Cashmere, SL Chene, SL Santal Blanc are sexy for me. NR For Her EdT can be very sexy. And sometimes a dab of Guerlain L'Instant l'Homme since I can't get him to wear it for me =)

I guess I'm all about sexy when it comes to my fragrance, it just depends what part of sexy I want to play up that day.

Sorry, I can't choose just one for each

My comfort scents would be: L by Lolita Lempicka, Feminite du Bois, Ange or Demon, or L'Heure Bleue. There's something to be said about vanilla, spices and orientals.

My sexy evening scents would be: Allure Sensuelle, Narciso Rodrigues EDP, or Euphoria

For comfort, I love wood like Samsara, Prada, Euphoria etc. I have found just for me that men seem to like the lighter girlier stuff like Miami Glow, Hypnotic Poison (lightly). Now what really doesn't make any sense is that I reach for Narciso Rodriques when I want to really smell sexy, but then why would a man want to smell a male deer?

Quote Originally Posted by TDDanae View Post
    For comfort, I love wood like Samsara, Prada, Euphoria etc. I have found just for me that men seem to like the lighter girlier stuff like Miami Glow, Hypnotic Poison (lightly). Now what really doesn't make any sense is that I reach for Narciso Rodriques when I want to really smell sexy, but then why would a man want to smell a male deer?
    That last bit made me grin.

I remember someone saying "The secret to looking sexy is looking like you've just had sex." Maybe this is the olfactory equivalent?

Angel was my sig scent when me & the Mr. first started dating so it will ALWAYS be my sexy scent...you know, before the little one came along & took all things sexy away from us

Comfy would be Nuits de Scherrer, Habanita, Allure & Cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by TDDanae View Post
    Now what really doesn't make any sense is that I reach for Narciso Rodriques when I want to really smell sexy, but then why would a man want to smell a male deer?
    LOL LOL TD, good point. I guess that's why the NR makes me "feel" sexy,... it's because it smells like a male deer.

cheers!

When I need emotional comfort, Apres l'Ondee, Farnesiana, L'Heure Bleue, N'Aimez Que Moi and Mitsouko.
    For more just feeling comfortable and cozy, L'Eau d'Hiver, Bois Farine and Ambre Narguile (hey, must be a Jean-Claude Ellena thing!)

For sexy...eh...harder. Tabac Blonde, which I wear for a lot of reasons, Songes (which is also very comforting).

for me the boarders are melting one into another... relaxed makes sexy and sex/sensuality relaxes...

comforting: Les Belles Almond Amour, Angel, Hypnotic Poison, Vanilla oil (TBS), Coco, Euphoria

sexy: Maitresse, L'Instant EdP, Opium Fleur Impériale, No.5 Sensual Elixir
    Last edited by lillie; 14th March 2007 at 11:51 AM.
    "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
    Edgar Allan Poe

http://perfumum.blogspot.com/

comforting: Eugenie, Ambre Sultan, Fleurs d'Oranger, Aimez Moi, En Avion, Sa Majeste la Rose

sexy: Eugenie, Ambre Sultan, Fleurs d'Oranger, Tabac Blond,(!), Coco Chanel, Carnal Flower (!) NR for Her

For me, too the lines of comforting and sexy are somewhat blurred as one can oft beget the other.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

My comfort scent , oddly enough, is Omnia...it has a literally somniferous effect on me, whenever I wear it I find myself softly nodding off...anyone else experienced this?!

For sexiness...I wear Comme des Garcons Parfum with Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Canelle...the CSP stops the CdG from being too sharp at the opening and then everything dries down to a spicy warm glow

Right now...

Comfort: Mitsouko.

Sexy: No. 5 or Songes.

If you ask me this question next year I think the answers might change.
    "Voici mon secret. Il est tres simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Adding both Madame X and Vamp to both categories
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I find Chanel No. 22 to be a very comforting, calming, mellow scent. I just recently discovered it but have never had a fragrance make me feel the way Chanel 22 does. It is just perfect, I also feel very feminine and sexy wearing it, a different kind of sexy though than my "sexy" scent Coco! Does that make sense!

Basenotes Institution

Comfort: Elixir des Merveilles by Hermes
    Sexy: Ambre Sultan by S. Lutens or Chaos by Donna Karan

Comfort - Stella or Miss Dior Cherie.

Sexy - Agent Provocateur!!!!!!

Bumped because the top 10 thread made me ask myself this question.

Comfort at the minute are gourmands. Hypnotic Poison, La Dandy.
    Relaxing are the citric chypres usually AE.
    Sexy now we're talking Vintage Poison totally brings back dating and marrying Mr Ali, but also Gaultier2 and Chanel No5. All bought regularly as much appreciated gifts by Mr Ali

Comfort: Teint de Neige, L'Heure Bleue
    Sexy: Cuir de Russie, Musc Ravageur

Blog Entries

My most comforting is also the sexiest, currently my top go-to scent is 'Caron-French Can Can'.
    It's da bomb!

comfort scent - SL Chergui
    sexy scent - JHAG Citizen Queen

Comfort: Chanel No 5
    Sexy: Midnight Poison by Dior

I'm feeling quite comfy AND sexy in my Azuree today. One of those blurred line scents.

the midwest: where cows have been outnumbering people since 1817

comfort: Goutal Rose Absolue or Jo Malone Red Roses or Neil Morris Rose of Kali

sexaaaaaaay: AP!!!! Kelly Caleche if I'm feeling all S&M-ey

Currently binging on roses.... Jo Malone, you dirty bitch. You too, Stella McCartney.

For comfort: Jicky, Mouchoir de Monsieur or Pour Un Homme (lavender!)

For sexy: Serge Lutens A La Nuit ("death by jasmine" according to The Guide)
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

queen of the universe

musse, I feel about My Sin as you do about Fracas, which, by the way, is on my short list of must-have-vintage: it is both comforting and sexy, it being My Sin (to clarify).

Others:
    comfort: Vintage Antilope EDT and LHB
    sexy: Shalimar (once aptly described as "sex in a bottle") and Miss Balmain
    Last edited by jujy54; 25th February 2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: clarification
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    For comfort: Jicky, Mouchoir de Monsieur or Pour Un Homme (lavender!)

For sexy: Serge Lutens A La Nuit ("death by jasmine" according to The Guide)
    Oh crap, 'death by jasmine'? Oh, that's a must sample for me! I need to sniff this!
    I need to get a sample, like now.
    Last edited by kalli; 22nd February 2012 at 06:57 AM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

my comfort scent is crabtree and evelyn summer hill - I use the room spray and it is a mystery to my daughter why i would also use the scent - I suppose it make me feel at home when I am away.

To make a statement I wear Eau de Patou, sadly in short supply these days. Although the Patou line has been acquired by designer perfumes and there are rumours that some of the old classics will be revived. I emailed for more information on EDP but have not received a response - fingers crossed http://www.designerparfums.com/jeanp...ssrelease.html

Comfort: 24 Faubourg or any dry, floral scent (I know, I'm weird!)
    Sexy: Samsara-- Have been complimented twice on this by strange men who I don't know. Not sure if that's a good thing though.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Comfort - Aftelier Tango, Ambre Narguile and Saaliiisssiimo by Hilde Soliani

Sexy - Aftelier Shiso, Cepes & Tuberose and Chanel 22 + Bois des Iles

Do any of you ladies find these favorites changing according to season as well?

Blog Entries

Comfort; Samsara, Stoned, Sweet Oriental Dream, & pretty much anything with lots of amber.

Sexy; Fracas (makes me feel almost dangerously sexy, & men seem to love it on me!), lntense Tiare & Allure (because it's my bf's fave, & getting nuzzled around the neck is always sexy ).
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Comfort: Black Aoud, Organza, Kiehl's Musk Oil

Sexy: Black Aoud, Sweet Redemption, Code Elixir, Pure Poison Elixir, NR for Her EDP, Must de Cartier EDT!

Comfort. Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar
    Sexy Prada Candy because when I wore it I got too comments in the same day. One guy said "something around here smells like a girl" and another guy told me I smelled really nice as his eyes rolled back in his head.

Comfort: Flowerbomb Extreme
    sexy: Alien

I have just found it, but no fragrance, so I think the way Chanel 22. It is perfect, I feel very feminine and sexy, wear than my "sexy" HP 940XL flavor cocoa different kind of sexy!

I've just started my collection about a year ago and so far my most comforting scent is Feuille de Reglisse by 06130, and the scent I wear that I find most sexy is Anne Pliska.

Comforting: Angel, or Ambergris by Madini.

Sexiest: SLF by Love Potions Magickal Perfumarie

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Comfort: Angel, Tocade, Habanita, Rush, Tabu... which are all supposed to be very sexy scents, but I find oriental "sexiness" to be more opiate-like, sleepy, engulfing, and dreamlike. Sort of how I see silky lingerie as more of an indulgence for the self than a wide-appeal sexy thing these days.

Sexy: I go for intellectual lovers who are attracted to and possess slight androgyny. Something very earthy or a bit green to announce a sort of difficult conquest, a sapiosexuality. One's own natural scent should come through as much as possible, so simple high quality musk or rose oil is best, but if in the mood for real perfume in a going-out sexy kind of way: a very light application of Bandit, Bal a Versailles, vintage Metal, male vetivers. I see possibility in Shiseido Zen original to fit in with the very subtle sex appeal of this category.

On a purely visceral, no intellect level, the things I've smelled on someone else and thought "oh that is quite sexy" in a straightforward definition of simple, frank sexual intent:

Woman: vintage Magie Noire, Narcisco Rodriguez for Her edt
    Man: Cumming, Tom Ford Extreme
    While I *like* all of these scents, they are not anywhere near favorites (except Magie Noire), and I would even consider them a bit average. Thinking with the genitals produces this kind of muddle... case in point: most of the internet.

Comfort: Bulgari Rose Essentielle, N'Aimez que Moi, Ta'if.
    Sexy: Ta'if again, Youth Dew, and any really strongly rose-y frag. So BRE again, but also Paris. Rose and jasmine are said to be aphrodisiacs.
    The thing is, as I've often shared in this forum, my DH is anosmic - can't smell anything, unfortunately - so I wear a sexy scent to increase my own pleasure, not to awaken his! Though the two can't really be separated. But this is getting way too personal.

Blog Entries

redrose- "But this is getting way too personal."

Oh we're all guilty yet should be guilt-free of TMI up in here, but of course!--scent is so, so personal. More than food, clothes, or most other very personal necessity-industries-that-become-hobby discussions I can think of... save perhaps those who veer into the truly TMI territory of "hobbies" and are major drug enthusiasts or sex addicts?

An anosmic husband? You could dress him up in whatever scents you'd like and he'd never be the wiser.

Comfort: Musc Ravaguer, Tobacco Vanillie, New Haarlem, Coromandel.

Sexy: Whatever I happen to be wearing at the time

For comfort, I tend to reach for Shalimar to brighten my mood or Aromatics Elixir to warm me up. If I want to snuggle up and read for the day, a great biography of Elizabeth I for example--my most recent obsession--, then I reach for L'heure Bleu.

For sexy, I might reach for my hand-made personal blend of frankincense, sandalwood, and neroli. My husband growls when he smells this one. I use it a bit like a Pavlovian response mechanism. My other is vintage Obsession or Angel skin oil.

Oh, and Youth Dew oil in the bath, lotion after, and a tiny spritz of the scent on my t-shirt. Yes, I said t-shirt. Sexiest bedwear I own! I love a white t-shirt and wet hair mixed with Youth Dew....
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

As a guy, I often check the female fragrance board in case there's something of interest to me. This thread caught my eye today and I have to say the contrast with the equivalent in the male fragrance section ('which scent gets you the most female compliments?') is astounding.

It seems there is a clear 'top few' in the male fragrance section, whilst the female thread here is all over the place. It goes to show how females see fragrance and how males do.

I haven't had the time to go through all the threads/posts here, so I was wondering IS there a clear select few that are the comfort / sexy scents for females? Or do ladies take this to be such a personal/individual thing that there is nothing to answer?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    ladies take this to be such a personal/individual thing that there is nothing to answer
    This!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Comfort scent Les parfums de Rosine Rose kashmirie.
    Sexy Putain des Palaces
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

comfort: depends on summer/winter: in summer something refreshing like Colonia by AdP, Eau Dynamisante by Clarins etc.; in winter something sweet, yummi like Ambre Narguile, HR EdP definitely has the potential (new in my collection, therefore can't confrm that I grab for it often), Emporio Armani She

Sexy: Eau d'Hermès (not very safe though, I don't always feel like wearing it), Déclaration, Jicky, Cuir de Russie, Habanita, l'Heure Bleue etc.

Stella McCartney Stella Nude or
    Narciso Rodriguez for Her Eau de Parfum for comfort.
    Tom Ford's Black Orchid or
    Innocent by Thierry Mugler or
    Dior Addict for sexy.

Red face Re: Name your "comfort scent" & most "sexy scent" that you reach for the most*

Quote Originally Posted by anomie et ivoire View Post
    redrose- "But this is getting way too personal."

Oh we're all guilty yet should be guilt-free of TMI up in here, but of course!--scent is so, so personal. More than food, clothes, or most other very personal necessity-industries-that-become-hobby discussions I can think of... save perhaps those who veer into the truly TMI territory of "hobbies" and are major drug enthusiasts or sex addicts?

An anosmic husband? You could dress him up in whatever scents you'd like and he'd never be the wiser.
    Yes, and I do! He smells wonderful to me when he's just come in from the garden, slightly sweaty and redolent of lavender and rosemary! And I think he smells sexiest in Bal a Versailles!

I love this forum -- so many bright and witty people who bring big smiles and laughs to my day. Thank you!!

For comfort scents, I look for something calming, woody, and incensey/smoky (and I can't limit myself to just one, you know). So right now, my go-to comfort scents are Tam Dao, 10 Corso Como, Gris Clair, Feminite du Bois, Black Cashmere, Organza Indecence, Un Bois Vanille, and Aomassai.

For sexy scents, amber and sweet smoke are by and large the scents that hit the spot (so to speak), but I'm also partial to a couple of Big White Florals: Fumerie Turque (sometimes with an added spritz of A La Nuit, just to shake things up a bit), Amber Absolute (my bf, while under hypnosis, identified this as the best smell he'd ever experienced), Sonoma Scent Studio's Winter Woods, ELdO's Divin' Enfant, Songes, and, the narcotic queen, Carnal Flower.

If I may chime in:
    Comfort scent: Micallef Gaïac, MFK APOM Pour Homme, Jo Malone Rose Water & Vanilla, Annick Goutal Ninféo Mio
    Sexy scent: Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan, Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir, Montale Lime Aoud, Frédéric Malle Carnal Flower
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Blog Entries

rum- I think the greater consensus on what is sexy for men is sort of like how all men are expected to wear tuxes to an event while we women can get away with suits, ball gowns, minis, whatever. Less good stuff is out there for men, IMHO, so the good stuff is known. Course, we women often wear scents just to please ourselves since beauty is marketed to us as a relaxation. Men do that too though, right?

Redrose- BaV all the way!

ExtremeKF: I admire all of the choices here, but wow, you have some serious taste! Beautiful choices.

LloydLlewellyn: agreed Pomegranate Noir is so sexy, but it lasts even less than colognes ought to ... and strangely what I find so sexy in it is that camphorous note.

Quote Originally Posted by anomie et ivoire View Post
    LloydLlewellyn: agreed Pomegranate Noir is so sexy, but it lasts even less than colognes ought to ... and strangely what I find so sexy in it is that camphorous note.
    Really? Must be a skin thing, because it lasts a lot on me...
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit