Code of Conduct

Default Summer Fragrances and Alcohol

So I was looking for a new summer fragrance to buy and the woman serving in the fragrance department told me I was a little early for summer colognes as the new ones hadn't yet been released yet (I had classic frags. to try anyway so it didn't bother me), then she told me that the summer colognes had little to no alcohol in them. I'd never heard this before and can't see how a cologne can be without alcohol, but I'm still new to fragrances so I wondered if someone could clear it up for me?

Default Re: Summer Fragrances and Alcohol

What she said is just not true.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomazooma View Post
    So I was looking for a new summer fragrance to buy and the woman serving in the fragrance department told me I was a little early for summer colognes as the new ones hadn't yet been released yet (I had classic frags. to try anyway so it didn't bother me), then she told me that the summer colognes had little to no alcohol in them. I'd never heard this before and can't see how a cologne can be without alcohol, but I'm still new to fragrances so I wondered if someone could clear it up for me?
    Not knowing anything about something has never stopped a significant number of people from dressing up their ignorance as fact.

If one remembers that the hiring of most sales assistants is mostly predicated on looks, and knowing or even caring about fragrances is irrelevant in most retail outlets, then one should always take whatever such sales assistants "venture" with the utmost incredulity.

Where on earth do they come up with this stuff?

To put it another--and far less delicate and polite--way, the statement that "summer colognes had little to no alcohol in them" is pure BS. Maybe she drank all the alcohol from those summer fragrances.

scentemental

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post
    Maybe she drank all the alcohol from those summer fragrances.

scentemental

LOL! very nicely put!