Code of Conduct

Talking Jasmin / White flowers on male fragrances

After discovering, (let´s say ,unisex fragrances )as Jasmin et Cigarretes and Vierges et Toreros from Etat libre d'orange, Lily and carnation from CDG, I just becam completely obsessed about light fresh floral notes. I´m seeking for something nice, floral, prominent yet masculine, and, very important, easy to find in the European market. Anny suggestions??
    thank you very much.
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

Default Re: Jasmin / White flowers on male fragrances

Batabidd,

If you type in Jasmin* in the fragrance notes search function on the directory page and also specify "Masculine" fragrances in the appropriate "Gender" drop down menu, you will get a listing for 257 male fragrances that have jasmin/jasmine in them.

If you specify "Shared" fragrances in the "Gender" drop down menu, you'll get another 84.

That might be a place to start.

Some suggestions of the top of my head:

Dior Eau Sauvage
    Floris No. 89
    Gendarme
    Guerlain Eau de Guerlain
    Keiko Mecheri Jasmin
    Nino Cerruti Pour Homme
    Molyneux Quartz Pour Homme
    Oscar de la Renta Oscar for Men

I hope this helps.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 13th March 2007 at 06:41 PM.

Smile Re: Jasmin / White flowers on male fragrances

I did actually try to find some, but i was looking more for and advice about some, as much of them couldn´t smell as they´re not available on Europe, and i´m looking for somethign really jasmin, prominent if you know what i mean
    Cheers

Surely you must try:

Dukes of Pall Mall (white floral) http://snipurl.com/1cykw
    Crown Perfumery Sandringham (Lilly of the Valley): http://englishhall.com
    Maxim's pour homme (jasmine, lilly of the valley) http://snipurl.com/1cyl1

These are 5star favorites of mine precisely because of their wonderful white floral notes.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Just add Fresh Hombre des Flores Jasmin - the jasmine really is the star of the show.

It's discontinued but has been regularly available (cheap prices, expensive shipping) on ebay UK for the last three months.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for", Allan Chalmers.

I was going to say the same - I'm not usually a fan of Fresh, whose fragrances tend to lack the degree of depth I like, but I bought Hombre de Flores Polianthes Tuberosa a couple of months back (on eBay - there's a glut of bottles of that and the Jasmine one at the moment), and it was surprisingly good. I can't bring to mind another male fragrance which uses the flower so successfully, and there's lots of ambergris and moss in the base, so I think you'll find it acceptably masculine!

If you're feeling brave in your search for white flowers, you might want to try the tuberose one instead of (or alongside) the jasmine. I think it's glorious, and it's very successful in making a flower which can be difficult to wear very masculine and beautiful.

"easy to find on the European market" and very jasmine heavy masculine fragrance doesn't exist I'm sure. I think you need to broaden your view a little bit and start checking out the female market for jasmine fragrances and be prepared on spending some cash. I'm definately not very good with jasmine fragrances, but maybe start with getting samples of Serge Lutens - À la Nuit, The Different Company - Jasmin de Nuit and Montale - Jasmine Full.
    --------------------------------------
    Good call on the Fresh, didn't even know about it. Couldn't find the Jasmine but found Tuberosa and will get that one.
    Last edited by shifts; 14th March 2007 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I was able to test this with a sample sent to me.
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26127283.html

it is VERY, VERY nice...and may just be their best scent yet....
    Dia has some competition.

Shifts mentioned Jasmine Full by Montale....MMMMMM! It is fantastic and could easily be worn by a guy. Also, check out Carnal Flower. I heard it has jasmine along with the most tuberose being used in a scent. Carnal Flower could also easily be worn by a man. Good luck in your search.

Talking Re: Jasmin / White flowers on male fragrances

[QUOTE=the_good_life;994995]Surely you must try:

Dukes of Pall Mall (white floral) http://snipurl.com/1cykw
    Crown Perfumery Sandringham (Lilly of the Valley): http://englishhall.com
    Maxim's pour homme (jasmine, lilly of the valley) http://snipurl.com/1cyl1

QUOTE]

thank you !!

Quote Originally Posted by shifts View Post
    "easy to find on the European market" and very jasmine heavy masculine fragrance doesn't exist I'm sure. I think you need to broaden your view a little bit and start checking out the female market for jasmine fragrances and be prepared on spending some cash.
    I agree with shifts, you'll have to either try feminine scents or go for niche lines that offer floral perfumes to both genders equally. If what you want is light and floral, I suggest Jo Malone. You might like her Vintage Gardenia as well as Honeysuckly and Jasmine and Orange blossom.

You are also more than welcome to try some of the floral scents from my line, which are all natural and work beautifully on the masculine skin. I think you will like Yasmin (a jasmine), Tamya (jasmine sambac, ylang ylang, yuzu and woods), Zohar (Orange Blossom), Les Nuages de Joie Jaune (mimosa) and White Potion (creamy tuberose, gardenia, jasmine, sandalwood).
    You can find them all on my website and they can be shipped to anywhere in the world.
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post
    If you type in Jasmin* in the fragrance notes search function on the directory page and also specify "Masculine" fragrances in the appropriate "Gender" drop down menu, you will get a listing for 257 male fragrances that have jasmin/jasmine in them.
    If you're looking for something specifically very floral, you can't just go by one note in a fragrance directoy - if you look for Jasmine or Orange Blossom, Cool Water will show up, but they're hardly what you're looking for.

I love flower fragrances, and I've found several that work well on me. Ayala Sender (who posted above) has Yasmin and Zohar, which are Jasmine and Orange Blossom, both exquisite, and like she says, they work well on male skin - I've worn them both and still have some Yasmin left - Zohar is maybe more masculine as it's slightly spiced.

Serge Lutens has A La Nuit which is another Jasmine - smells just like the flowers, sweeter than Yasmin, which is more ethereal. Yasmin probably works better on a man than La Nuit, but I use them both.

L'Occitane, Serge Lutens and l'Artisan have very good orange blossom and orange leaf fragrances that are totally wearable by a man.

If you want a floral that isn't just primarily flowers, try Cedre by Serge Lutens - it's amazing - tuberose is the prominent note and is such a great partner for the cedar - it's very floral and masculine at the same time.

I tried Samsara with is Jasmine with other things that I can't remember but it was orientalish and nice.

Some things don't work at all - I tried Jasmal which is Creed's Jasmine Rose blend and it's just way too feminine and I couldn't pull it off.

I'm sure there's more, but that's the limit of my experience!
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 10th May 2007 at 02:40 AM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Wink Re: Jasmin / White flowers on male fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    If you're looking for something specifically very floral, you can't just go by one note in a fragrance directoy - if you look for Jasmine or Orange Blossom, Cool Water will show up, but they're hardly what you're looking for.

I love flower fragrances, and I've found several that work well on me. Ayala Sender (who posted above) has Yasmin and Zohar, which are Jasmine and Orange Blossom, both exquisite, and like she says, they work well on male skin - I've worn them both and still have some Yasmin left - Zohar is maybe more masculine as it's slightly spiced.

Serge Lutens has A La Nuit which is another Jasmine - smells just like the flowers, sweeter than Yasmin, which is more ethereal. Yasmin probably works better on a man than La Nuit, but I use them both.

L'Occitane, Serge Lutens and l'Artisan have very good orange blossom and orange leaf fragrances that are totally wearable by a man.

If you want a floral that isn't just primarily flowers, try Cedre by Serge Lutens - it's amazing - tuberose is the prominent note and is such a great partner for the cedar - it's very floral and masculine at the same time.

I tried Samsara with is Jasmine with other things that I can't remember but it was orientalish and nice.

Some things don't work at all - I tried Jasmal which is Creed's Jasmine Rose blend and it's just way too feminine and I couldn't pull it off.

I'm sure there's more, but that's the limit of my experience!
    thank you very much i really appreciate this I'll try them for sure

And Mona Di Orio Oiro! Zoweee!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Have you tried Givenchy Insensé? It has jasmine and other white flowers, such as tuberose and gardenia, yet it is a masculine EdT...

If you like white flowers, you'll probably like this.

ALso, from the women's side, Eau de Givechy... lots of white flowers, and not really very feminine.
    Last edited by JaimeB; 19th June 2007 at 11:28 PM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

I've been meaning to ask for the same kind of fragrance. Thank you for saving me the time.

Wink Re: Jasmin / White flowers on male fragrances

Creed's Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie (1870) It works on a guy and it's quite the jasmin bomb.

Good flowery scent with vetiver base - Vetiver by Adolfo Dominguez
    Also flowery fougere - Pontevecchio by Nobile 1942

Should I mention Fleur de Male by Jean Paul Gaultier as fleurdorange is a white flower?
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Yes you were right to mention Fleur du Male, Moonfish!
    If the flowers aren't all white - the bottle makes them !

The sad news about Jasmine Full - that's history now!

But you could go for A la Nuit which is a tad cooler and brighter, and just as intense!
    Away from jasmine, but not completely:
    Diorissimo (feminine) is wonderful in the summer, cool and tender.
    I find it about as masculine as Eau Sauvage could be feminine.
    And both bottles side by side - sexy .
    (recommended reviews: sanzio, castorpollux, ayala)

Absolutely macho, and loaded with jasmine: Brut!
    But don't buy the cheap version (splash, in green plastic bottle).
    There are two better ones: (1) Clear glass bottle, yellow liquid, shape similar to Creeds
    (2) Vintage (or also new, I am uncertain): shaped like a miniature green wine bottle.
    (price at Guerlain levels).
    Last edited by narcus; 20th June 2007 at 10:26 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Creed's Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie (1870) It works on a guy and it's quite the jasmin bomb.
    Totally agree with Ruggles.
    JIE is the most indolic jasmin I know, and the smooth sandalwood-driven drydown makes it very wearable for a guy.
    If you like it clean and fresh, try Keiko Mecheri's Jasmin.
    I also recommend Ayala Moriel's creations. I have her Megumi, a clean, realisitic bouquet of white flowers and leaves - perfectly suited for spring and summer.

Basenotes Institution

I second the A La Nuit by Serge Lutens recommendation - breathtakingly realistic and full on jasmine notes. Not for the faint hearted.

Can I add L'Artisan The pour un Ete?
    Wonderfully full fragrance of Jasmine tea....

LV&P - bye, mr.setter
    http://basenotes.net/wardrobe/8905

"Il profumo dei fiori non puo' andare controvento, ma il profumo delle buone azioni compiute da uomini virtuosi si effonde in tutte le direzioni."[Dhammapada]

Light, fresh, (white) floral ...yet masculine. Creed Zeste Mandarin Pamplemousse has a beautiful white flower drydown. The classic Dior Eau Sauvage has a sensual jasmin heart. Both are light and fresh.

Fragrances like Carnal Flower, Jasmal, and A la nuit arent really light and fresh.
    -

Off-Scenter

I'd second the suggestions of A La Nuit and Cedre, but also add Nuit Noire by Mona di Orio. It's heavy on tuberose and jasmine, over an extremely raunchy aniimal base. Imagine Carnal Flower layered with Muscs Kublai Khan and you'll get the general idea. It's superb, but only for the brave.