Code of Conduct

Default Opium ph Eau d'Orient 2006 and 2007 compared

Today I tried both Eaux d'Orient versions of Opium pour homme to see if they have any differences.

The 2007 one with the brown tree branch on the bottle lacks the crisp minty top note and some of the citrus sparkle of the 2006 version. I found it to be more conservative, meaning it's closer to the original EdT one. Maybe a tiny bit creamier also, but I find it hard to compare such close scents accurately, apart from more obvious differences. Longevity and sillage seems to be about the same, I am not 100% sure, though, because I couldn't test them simultaneously (had to go to two different stores).

I like the 2006 EdO better, the mintyness is nice to have for summer, and because I already have the EdT, I would rather get a real summer version. Those simply looking for a lighter version of the EdT should rather give the 2007 version a try. But the difference is really only significant in the first hour.

On a side note, as an addict of last years Opium Fleur Imperiale for women, I also had a sniff at the newest Female Opium Eau d'Orient, "Orchidée de Chine", but only on a paper card. It's more floral than Fleur Imperiale, brighter all in all, and thus imho a stronger departure from the original womens Opium than FI was.

Default Re: Opium ph Eau d'Orient 2006 and 2007 compared

thanks for sharing your experince with opium fakepurseninja

I can't wait to sniff the 2007 version, I get excited when you describe it as a "creamier" ,I love creamy notes .

I heard that '"Orchidée de Chine" suppose to be more special since it is the 30 anniversary for OPIUM , these opium summer editions are a must have for me...they are making it easier to wear & more approachable to be worn 24/7.

Well, I really think the impression "creamier" rather comes from lower concentrations of citrus notes in comparison to last years EdO. So don't get too excited

Interesting thread to compare the two versions.I wondered if the '07 one was the same or not. I have the 2006 one.
    I like the '07 bottle better.
    I hardly wear it though, my bottle is still full. Don't know why.

Is the Opium Eau d'Orient a fleeting version or does it have some staying power? And where can one buy the 2006 version?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post
    Is the Opium Eau d'Orient a fleeting version or does it have some staying power? And where can one buy the 2006 version?

Thanks
    Rather fleeting, I would say, though I have read different reports. Don't know where to get it in Canada.