Code of Conduct

Question Vintage Rochas Femme

I currently own the Rochas Femme EDT - I am guessing the 'new' formulation. 'Inquiring Minds' including myself want to know - is the Vintage (old) Femme worth tracking down and purchasing? Or is the 'new' EDP not too bad? I know older perfumes lose alot of their top notes after a certain amount of time. Is there certain questions I should ask the sellers before purchasing?

I don't mind the Femme EDT - I get alot of comments about it and it lasts for ages on my skin. But if the 'old' is that good, might be worth the trouble to get. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Vintage Rochas Femme

if you love Femme by Rochas you should definitely try to find out more about its vintage version, in my opinion look for a extrait de parfum vintage, possibly sealed, the extraits represent a more authentic vision of classic perfumes. as you mentioned the other concentrations top notes might have worn off.

Thumbs up Re: Vintage Rochas Femme

Thanks Jasmine. Is the Vintage alot different to the new formulation? Or even the EDP?

Depends on if you like cumin.
    New Rochas Femme has cumin. Vintage does not.

Thee new version is lighter than the original, so I've read. Its creator did not approve of the new fragrance. I am still unaqainted with the vintage, but my new EDT is just lovely if I get the right balance. The cumin note may be what makes it smell like sweaty socks if over-applied even slightly. I find it is a fine line between gorgeous and unwearable with Rochas perfumes, including Femme.

I love the current version in the EDP and have the vintage parfum...both are lovely and the vintage is worth sniffing. If I had to choose which I liked more it would be the current EDP. The current EDT is not as good, IMO, and when I first sniffed it I was going to "write off" the new Femme. The current EDP is really splendid

I've got the current EDP, and I love it. I'm not sure how relevant this is, but last week my Mum was going through some of my Grandma's old things (she died in 1999) and found a handbag spray of Madame Rochas parfum in the original formulation. She gave me it, and it's one of the most exciting discoveries I've made recently - dark and creamily floral with a soft musky, woody drydown. If you can find some, grab it!