Code of Conduct

Default CK line and it's current and future notes.

Hey all,

I have CK "Be" and like I said I bought it at firsts spray and now I'm stuck with a bottle and I have to throw it out or hand it down. The drydown is a fresh clean scent but the end result is a smidge of female notes, at least thats what I smell, it definately smells androgenous to me . IMHO CK had some good stuff but the whole Men/woman androgenous scents I cant stand. I aint some kind of Masculine "Old school" guy who's NOT open to trends but I want to smell like I'm using cologne, that's the whole purpose IMHO.

I do not like "Be", so I'm stuck with the ole' discontinued HUGO, Hugo Boss..lol..I mean I got nothing until the spring in May.

I have asked women I know about a good scent they like on men and the answer was CHROME! I had mixed feelings on that but today I'm off to Macy's to spray it on and try it . I think if it works ...maybe a first good re-up cologne no?

The underarm anti-perspirent thing I learned from you guys as well! I have to go and get just a Non-fragrance underarm stuff so it wont clash with the Cologne..scent. Good tips! Any underarm stuff you guys recommend? Seriously.

****Yea, what do you all have to say about the "androgenous" scents that they have out now and possibly in the future. I know what perfume I like on a woman and it's not what I want on me unless ofcourse it's accidentally rubbed on me by the wife, you know what I'm sayin' son? lol

Thanks guys.....and girls if your reading this as well. Off to sample Chrome for today (true drydown to me is on the shirt after 4 hours and on inner elbow).

This site is THEEEE best!

Default Re: CK line and it's current and future notes.

One fragrance you may want to try is Vera Wang for Men. It is a fragrance my girlfriend pushed me to try. Based on the reviews on Basenotes I was somewhat reluctant. Not that the reviews said the fragrance was bad but rather the reviews complained about lack of longevity. I gave it a test and really liked the fragrance and the longevity was actually good. I get 6 to 8 hours which is really not bad at all. The fragrance does change significantly, going from a very tangy fragrance at first spray to a very pleasing relaxing dry down, perfect for close in work with your girlfriend. I would say it is more of a cool weather fragrance but it is light enough to be work in warm weather too.

Like you I'm not big on the androgynous fragrances. There are a few that I like but as a general rule I prefer a more manly smell.
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by The Squire View Post
    The underarm anti-perspirent thing I learned from you guys as well! I have to go and get just a Non-fragrance underarm stuff so it wont clash with the Cologne..scent. Good tips! Any underarm stuff you guys recommend? Seriously.

This site is THEEEE best!
    Unscented Mitchum gel seems to work well for me.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

OOLong, thanks for the suggestion. Keep cologne as it is...for men and perfume for woman...I hear ya! lol Thats how I smellled princess V.Wang...I liked it for a womans perfume...how they incorporate womens scents and mens together is uncanny IMHO. Too confusing right? The scents are confusing. lol

**** I just got back from spritzing CHROME on the neck chest and left inner elbow....Nice!!! Not bad...in about 4 hours we'll see how it reallly drys down. After a little bit of work sweat.

On another note...HOLY SH%!....They didn't have a Polo Sport tester available...so I tried AQUA DI GIO on the right forearm.....now I OWNED this cologne 2 years ago and ran out. HOLY MACKERAL....it stinks! I dont know about the rest of you all but I swear to God I smell "OFF bug spray" lmao...years ago my wife said that and I was like, " yea, yea yea," but today not having it for 2 years and smelling it on the arm...lol I dont know how everyone wore that and I thought it was king! I was gonna get that next week as a definate beginner cologne again. Phew! No way in hell. God it smells like Citronella.

Chrome is nice! I sprayed K.Cole Black in the air and I smelled cedar and vanilla? I dont know? I do not like the colognes that smell like cedar chips thats at the bottom of a hamster cage or somethin...lol...ya' know? The cedar chip notes being first and foremost w/vanilla.

Cant wait to try more! I'm a scent junkie!!

Blog Entries

I love CK be. It's not an in-your-face cologne and it isn't intended to be. It's a "skin scent" full of white musk. It's designed to wear close to the skin.

You say that the point of wearing cologne is to smel like you're wearing cologne. I disagree. Which statement sounds better: "Your cologne smells great." Or "You smell great." I tend to wear frags that blend well with my natural chemistry and that are not loud or weird. When someone is close enough to catch a whiff of my scent I want them to wonder if it's my natural scent or a frag I'm wearing.

And I second the Mitchum Unscented gel suggestion!!! I haven't found anything better!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

CologneJunkie....what do you think of Aqua Di Gio? Chrome too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Squire View Post
    CologneJunkie....what do you think of Aqua Di Gio? Chrome too.
    I actually wore Chrome for a long time! I liked it a whole lot. It reminded me of CK one, to tell you the truth. Only Chrome had some metallic notes that CK one didn't have. I think Chrome was more masculine, too.

I've never really been a fan of AdG, though. However, I do really like Kenneth Cole Reaction (despite the bad rap it gets on basenotes) and Halston Unbound (which can be found at an AMAZING price @ TJ Maxx & Marshalls). Both Reaction and Unbound are in the same realm as AdG, but have more personality, in my opinion.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia