Code of Conduct

Default my creed bottle is peeling

hearing so much about fake creeds. my millesime imperial bottle is peeling bad. the bottom started peeling first though the writing is the same and the bottle is clear.. is this normal?
    come 2 the edge he said,they said we scared,come 2 the edge he said, they came,he pushed them and they flew.

Default Creed MI from fragrancet - a disappointment?

I purchased a 4oz bottle of Creed MI from fragrancenet and received it today. I noticed on the back bottom of the bottle, the gold cover started to peel so they have covered it up with a thin layer of gold tape. I don't doubt about the authenticity, it smells just like a sample I had purchased before. But should I accept this? They have also cut out the date stamp and lot number from the box. How old is Fragrancenets Creed MI stock anyway if it's starting to peel? Has anyone else ordered Creed bottles from fragrancenet and had the same, or perhaps a better experience?

Thanks for your replies.
    Last edited by abg1234; 14th March 2007 at 03:34 PM.
    For swap:
    1. 90-95% full 2.5 oz bottle of Creed Orange Spice
    2. 99% full 1.6 oz bottle of Kenzo pour Homme
    3. 90% full 4 oz bottle of Creed Millesime Imperial

Looking for: GIT, Baie de Genièvre, Idole de Lubin, Chergui, decant of FM Carnal Flower, decant of vintage Tabarome

Default Re: my creed bottle is peeling

Mine is peeling too I think because it got wet. It smells real to me compared to what I've smelled at Neiman Marcus.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Default Re: Creed MI from fragrancet - a disappointment?

i bought the same exact size and creed fragrance from them but i just received it about 2 weeks ago and i haven't had any problems with mine. enjoying the heck out of it! but i can't say that somewhere down the line that this won't happen to me....

anyone know when the dolce & gabbana light blue pour homme for men will hit?

Two threads about peeling Creed bottles today.

I joined them.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

It sounds to me like fragrancet is selling bottles which are seconds. That being bottles which got damaged so they can't sell them at 1st quality stores. It would explain in part the better price that fragrancet is able to charge. I know that frequently at Ross's or TJ Max I run across clothing from name brand manufactures which failed the quality check. Very often the designer label has been cut off or in some way altered such that it can't be sold as a first quality item. I would expect that what you are running into is the fragrance equivalent. I don't speak as an authority on this, just putting out a scenario that makes sense.
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane - Oscar Wilde

Seems like the gold layer is real thin on the MI bottle. I bought mine MI new from an official Creed dealer and I peeled it a bit on purpose to see the liquid.

I know, it's silly but at least you can see the liquid in the GIT and SMW bottles when you hold it before a lamp, but with the Goldplated MI bottle you can't see a thing of the juice inside.

Anyway,...it was very easy to peel it of.

Its thin layer of 22k gold does come off rather quickly.

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    Its thin layer of 22k gold does come off rather quickly.
    Creed's site says (unless changed recentley) that it is just gold foil. When mine started to come off, I took my knife and stripped the bottle completely. You dont have to worry about it much after that...

Default Re: Creed MI from fragrancet - a disappointment?

Quote Originally Posted by abg1234 View Post
    I purchased a 4oz bottle of Creed MI from fragrancenet and received it today. I noticed on the back bottom of the bottle, the gold cover started to peel so they have covered it up with a thin layer of gold tape. I don't doubt about the authenticity, it smells just like a sample I had purchased before. But should I accept this? They have also cut out the date stamp and lot number from the box. How old is Fragrancenets Creed MI stock anyway if it's starting to peel? Has anyone else ordered Creed bottles from fragrancenet and had the same, or perhaps a better experience?

Thanks for your replies.
    I bought a bottle from Fragrancenet a few months ago, no peeling as of yet. It too had the date cut out and a white sticker over the spot. However; I peeled off the sticker very gently, and the 2004 stamp was still legible. The juice is fine though.

I was curious to see how much MI I've really gone through in the last few months, so I decided to scrape off some of the gold from the bottom of the bottle. Once it starts flaking off, it comes off really easily. I wouldn't worry much as long as it smells okay.

---
    As a side note in response to what Oolong said, most of the merchandise at TJ Maxx is in fact first-quality stuff, usually stuff that never made it to department stores, or got sent back from department stores to make more room for new merchandise (which is why most of the stuff is past-season). If it failed its quality check, it'll be sold with an "If perfect, compare at $xx.xx" tag. I don't know Ross' policy, but I suspect it's similar.

I just read it in a forbes article. It says 22 k gold. King Faisal used to give solid gold bottles of imperial away as gifts.
    Last edited by Maz24; 15th March 2007 at 03:18 AM.

Thrax

Hmmm....Creed's site says that the bottle comes in an "antique gold" glass bottle. Neither confirming or laying to rest either of our information. Any link to the forbes article?

Here is the link to it. http://www.forbes.com//forbes/1999/1011/6409434a.html

Here is the article;

The Sweet Smell of Excess
    Carleen Hawn, 10.11.99

NAPOLEON III WORE a scent that smelled like leather, and not just any old leather, either. Russian leather. Spain's Alfonso XIII wore a scent with a faint woody odor called Green Irish Tweed. Winston Churchill's personal perfume, dubbed Tabarome, smelled of tobacco. All these scents have one thing in common: They were made exclusively for their wearers by the House of Creed, which started doing this sort of thing for England's George III in 1760, and has kept on doing it straight through to such modern royalty as JFK and Marilyn Monroe.

If you regard most ordinary store-bought scents as nothing more than Brut by a fancier name, be advised: The House of Creed will infuse, say, the essence of hard disks, stale coffee and telephone wire into an exclusive perfume for any cyber-gazillionaire willing to shell out up to thirty grand and wait six months.

The deal is, Creed will brew up a batch of 10 liters. That's more perfume than anyone can wear in a lifetime, but you could hand out bottles to 300 friends. For five years, Creed promises not to sell the perfume to anyone else.

After that, your pool man can wear it--if he pays the $160 Creed charges for four ounces of Imperiale Millesime, the fragrance commissioned by Saudi King Faisal. It comes in a 22-karat gold-plated flask. All but two of Creed's 32 over-the-counter perfumes started as exclusives, including the Royal English Leather scent it made for George III.

Thrax

Hmmm...how very interesting.

The gold (paint?) is not peeling but it ís a bit chipped at some places of my bottle. I wouldn't bother too much about that since you can't really expect a solid gold bottle for that price

As long as it smells nice
    Last edited by apekrul; 15th March 2007 at 07:42 AM.

This is a little off-topic, but does anyone know how many parts of 1ml a full spritz of the 4oz Creed bottles is. Perhaps 1/5 of 1ml?
    Which would mean a 120ml bottle would be good for 5*120 = 600 sprays. I'm not sure though that is just my suggestion. Anyone ever tried to measure?
    For swap:
    1. 90-95% full 2.5 oz bottle of Creed Orange Spice
    2. 99% full 1.6 oz bottle of Kenzo pour Homme
    3. 90% full 4 oz bottle of Creed Millesime Imperial

Looking for: GIT, Baie de Genièvre, Idole de Lubin, Chergui, decant of FM Carnal Flower, decant of vintage Tabarome

I have also read two other articles that stated it is 22-k gold.

If you use a conductive paint, and then electroplate with a very fine layer of gold, then you have a '22carat' bottle. But in its own right, it won't be worth a lot!!