Code of Conduct

Default gardenia or simple creamy white flowers

Hi...have been cruelly cut off from basenotes....after just getting totally hooked! - my computer is broken...but anyway have borrowed one for today....

I'm looking for a quite simple gardenia scent , i.e. without too much else going on... but very creamy and voluptuous - the warming weather has me all turned upside down....I'm not usually a floral person, but gardenia is the one floral scent I love....so I wanted some suggestions...nothing too expensive, but I'm not averse to paying a fair amount if it's particularly lovely

Aside from the Gardenia thing...I am trying to branch out and away from my usual spicy/ foody bent and learn to like florals lol...so any creamy white florals that aren't powdery or sharp or green....would be good suggestions too...
    What do people think of la chasse aux papillons extreme? - does it fit the bill - I think I'll send for a sample anyway and see....

All suggestions welcome
    R xx

Default Re: gardenia or simple creamy white flowers

Don't know if you concider this too busy,but my favourite Gardenia scent is defenitely Crystal Noir

Yves Rocher has a beautiful, realistic and - dig this - cheap Gardenia called Pur Desir de Gardenia. Not quite as cheap but fantastic is DSHs Nouveau Gardenia.

well a very cheap one that i like a lot is elizabeth taylor's gardenia

A really gaw-juss white floral that is not too dear is Ava-Luxe Lily. Get a sample (visit her site http://www.ava-luxe.com/ for other white florals and gardenia as well) and check it out!! :bounce:
    Last edited by TaoLady; 14th March 2007 at 07:02 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

thanks for the suggestions! - Crystal Noir is already on my wishlist, but it seems to be quite hard to get hold of here...am hoping to get it reasonably cheap on the internet somewhere....
    Ahhh, Taolady....you've ruined my life lol...why did you have to give me that link....I've been engrossed in Ava Luxe's many offerings for an hour now...gonna get samples of Gardenia Rain, Gardenia Musk, Frangipani, and about 5 other spicy/ambery things....the next installment of my student loan arrives in two weeks....it's going to be gone in three!
    Rx

I'm really loving Kai right now. It's just Spring here right now but I can't wait to wear it this Summer. It is extremely hot and humid here in Tennessee during the Summer and I think Kai will smell even better in the humidity.

Annick Goutal's Songes. It's a creamy white floral that's a bit woody and never jarring. Very natural and so gorgeous! Certainly my favorite white floral and one of my favorite perfumes ever. Like tdi, I can't wait to wear it in the warmth of summer.

I'll give second to Yve's Rocher Pur Desir de Gardenia. It's very well balanced and long lasting--and inexpensive. Try the little tin of solid perfume for more creamy waxy petal and a closer to the skin experience.

I'd say skip the Pur Desir de Lilas and Rose, as one is too soapy and the other too clovey.

Kai - gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Calypso Gardenia is lovely.

Talking Re: gardenia or simple creamy white flowers

Hi my favorite it still Chanel Gardenia, also Penhaligions Ellenisia, Il Profumo Royal Gardenia and Marc Jacobs and MJ Essence. Love Chanel Gardenia like ten bottles worth, it is totally amazing and I love wearing it, always keep two bottles ahead, Hi hope you are well, Hope I helped, L

I second Elizabeth Taylor's Gardenia, it's quite inexpensive and I think it's really lovely. It's very sweet (personality-wise, not sugary). The Body Shop's Indian Gardenia oil is also beautiful, and very cheap (doesn't smell cheap though). Jo Malone makes a Vintage Gardenia, I think it has cardamom or something in it, it's not for me but other people adore it. Something else that has a dominant gardenia note is Versace Blonde. For my money it's one of the nicest Versace perfumes and it gives you a good hit of sweet pretty gardenia but it's definitely for grown-ups.

I'm with you on the gardenia, I adore it too - I'd love a garden full of gardenia and jasmine! I haven't smelled kai because there's nowhere in Australia that sells it (grrrrrrrr......stupid Antipodes) but I don't think there's a person around who doesn't love it!

gardenia is my favorite flower but almost every gardenia i have bought has developed some sort of disease and never bloomed really crushing

Blog Entries

TBS Indian Gardenia
    TBS Gardenia
    Dana Classic Gardenia Frenzy
    Jo Malone Vintage Gardenia with Cardamom & Myrrh - far less complex / heavy than the name sounds.
    Dior Addict Eau Fraiche
    Caron Fleur de Rocaille
    Carven Ma Griffe - parfum or vintage
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Wow, thanks for all the wonderful suggestions! Can't wait to get my samples from Ava Luxe...and venture forth to test as many of the others as I can find!
    I feel like I'm opening a new chapter in my perfume-life lol...things that never appealed before suddenly seem so enticing...little mini epiphany going on here in Oxford.
    r x

Quote Originally Posted by perfumegirl View Post
    Hi my favorite it still Chanel Gardenia, also Penhaligions Ellenisia, Il Profumo Royal Gardenia and Marc Jacobs and MJ Essence. Love Chanel Gardenia like ten bottles worth, it is totally amazing and I love wearing it, always keep two bottles ahead, Hi hope you are well, Hope I helped, L
    But you do know that Chanel's Gardenia does not have a single note of Gardenia right?
    That effect was reached with orange blossom, jasmine and tuberose, but zero gardenias. There's some lily of the valley as well.

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    But you do know that Chanel's Gardenia does not have a single note of Gardenia right?
    That effect was reached with orange blossom, jasmine and tuberose, but zero gardenias. There's some lily of the valley as well.
    I am surprised that there is not a single note of gardenia in the Chanel's gardenia.
    Is there any true gardenia out there?

Damn you merle!!! Now I'm obsessed and have decided that I simply must get a new gardenia perfume, PLUS some gardenia scented candles for my house. I've already dug out some gardenia scented oil and have that bubbling away......damn you for spreading gardenia-itis around!

Throwing my hat into the ring for kai.

And an honorary mention for the Marc Jacobs, which is much more "perfume-y," but still lovely.

I've just won Floris of London-Gardenia dirt cheap on eBay. According to the reviews it's a fresh and green gardenia with notes of "Gardenia- the flower, stem and leaves". Sounds lika a perfect spring floral

My favourite gardenia of them all is Jo Malone's Vintage Gardenia with Cardamom and Myrrh.
    http://ayalasmellyblog.blogspot.com/...-gardenia.html
    It has the creaminess and floralness of gardenia, yet is very light and easy to wear. The warm woody notes at the base are gorgeous. The cardamom is very subtle but adds a unique aspect. And overall it feels refreshing and ever so slightly soapy (but I think this is just because it reminds me of a gardenia scented soap I used to have). I highly recommend this one. Even those who don't get along with heady florals might just find this to be the right one for them.

For other simple creamy white florals, you can try these from my line (PM me and I'd be happy to send you a sample to try):
    Tamya
    http://ayalamoriel.com/perfumes.cfm?...&product_id=70
    White Potion
    http://ayalamoriel.com/perfumes.cfm?...&product_id=60
    Last edited by Ayala; 16th March 2007 at 01:26 PM.
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by julia7 View Post
    I've just won Floris of London-Gardenia dirt cheap on eBay. According to the reviews it's a fresh and green gardenia with notes of "Gardenia- the flower, stem and leaves". Sounds lika a perfect spring floral
    Ooh! I have some of this that I was saving for spring, stashed somewhere... Thanks for reminding me - I shall have to look it out.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Some gardenia & white florals I like are:
    Kai oil
    Michael by Michael Kors
    MPG's Jardin Blanc
    Blonde by Versace
    Fracas
    Dana Classic Gardenia
    Bodycology Gardenia Body Lotion