Code of Conduct

Cool Monsieur de Givenchy

had it on me yesterday...

wow ! Even the ladies at work liked it...very special they said...Not bad for one of the year 1959 ,isn't ?

Fresh, classy, loads of staying power, elegant and timeless...
    Forget the Tommy's, aquatics etc...

Thought I should mention it, for those who forgot this extra-ordinary frag...outstanding in simplicity !

Have a nice day - evening, dear friends...

Renz

Default Re: Monsieur de Givenchy

Yes, I agree. A nice little fragrance which has aged very well.
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane - Oscar Wilde

How funny ! I tried this one only a week ago in a duty-free shop, loved it, and stupidly didn't buy a bottle although it only priced at 28 euro !!! It is beautiful, simple and classy indeed, perfect for daywear. I might change my mind and go get a bottle very soon.

I love this one, as well. The only thing keeping me from owning it again is it's extremely short longevity.

It's my SOTE.

The very epitome of class.

So what if it's short-lasting? That hasn't stopped Eau Savage's popularity. I just reboot every coupe of hours...it's worth the trouble.

Yup,it's funny,in the days of bland,aqua di gio clones,when someone wears something from the good old days,BAM,it hits everyone around you like a sledgehammer. That's why I'm repurchasing Trussardi Uomo,Obsession,Zino,Original Aramis,Devin Aramis,YSL Pour Homme Original,Santos,Cacharel PH,Minotaure,these are scents that I grew with when I was in the 7th grade. I want to walk into a room and hammer down those watery,ozonic scents that everybody's been wearing!
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

This has always been my favorite citrus dress fragrance. I am surprised about adjectives like 'little' and 'simple' for a cologne with such grandeur and noblesse. It does not last ? Smell your (white) shirt the following day! Best worn in Summer, but brightens Xmas Eve, and New years day as well. If you go to the theater or concert wearing this, your neighbors will be grateful. Someone giving you a hug, might prolong, or wish to repeat it . I do not think that Givenchy have made a better cologne for men than Monsieur, and Gentleman, at the peak of their creativity!

Hannes Bühlmann, the Zurich designer who started with Givenchy in Paris when they were the number one design house released his own perfume 'HannesB #1' in 2003. It took me a while to recognise it as a Givenchy based on (Citrus and) Vetiver. I am not saying Hannes wanted to copy MonsieurdG, it does Echo his own youth though.
    Last edited by narcus; 16th March 2007 at 04:05 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by Manderley View Post
    How funny ! I tried this one only a week ago in a duty-free shop, loved it, and stupidly didn't buy a bottle although it only priced at 28 euro !!! It is beautiful, simple and classy indeed, perfect for daywear. I might change my mind and go get a bottle very soon.
    Manderley !
    Being french...it s a shame that you did not buy it ! Get the bottle..at that price ?! c'est gratuit mon cher !
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by abimanyu View Post
    Yup,it's funny,in the days of bland,aqua di gio clones,when someone wears something from the good old days,BAM,it hits everyone around you like a sledgehammer. That's why I'm repurchasing Trussardi Uomo,Obsession,Zino,Original Aramis,Devin Aramis,YSL Pour Homme Original,Santos,Cacharel PH,Minotaure,these are scents that I grew with when I was in the 7th grade. I want to walk into a room and hammer down those watery,ozonic scents that everybody's been wearing!
    Abimanyu,

We could be friends ;-) ! !
    --------------------------------------
    [QUOTE=narcus;996462]This has always been my favorite citrus dress fragrance. I am surprised about adjectives like 'little' and 'simple' for a cologne with such grandeur and noblesse. It does not last ? Smell your (white) shirt the following day! Best worn in Summer, but brightens Xmas Eve, and New years day as well. If you go to the theater or concert wearing this, your neighbors will be grateful. Someone giving you a hug, might prolong, or wish to repeat it . I do not think that Givenchy have made a better cologne for men than Monsieur, and Gentleman, at the peak of their creativity!

As good as Toblerone, dear Narcus :-)
    U are so right !
    Last edited by renzo; 16th March 2007 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by abimanyu View Post
    Nice taste, my friend.