Code of Conduct

Thread: I'm so stupid!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm so stupid!

I've just discovered something...not being a floral lover I don't really test that many floral scents, but anyway...I've always thought it was odd that I never saw a scent that included Lady of the Night flower...one of the most unbelievably delectable aromas in the world...
    Just figured out that tuberose=Lady of the Night
    damn my stupidity and the lost time...
    Off to find some tuberose!

Default Re: I'm so stupid!

Carolina Herrera's signature frag for women should be on top of that list!
    It's a nice very lady-like tuberose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    ...Off to find some tuberose!
    Me too! :bounce: (And you're not alone....it was only when I started working in the flower shop that I found out that tuberose isn't even a rose!) Bet you will be inundated with suggestions :bounce: - let me start! My all time classic fave - Joy!!! Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle starts out smelling like a garage and quickly morphs into a garden of tuberose.

Those are my current loves - want to leave plenty of room for the older more experienced noses to jump in!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I'm waiting for moondeva to post some suggestions! She always has something interesting to say...

I'm enjoying Fire Island today - a light, modern, musky tuberose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    I'm waiting for moondeva to post some suggestions! She always has something interesting to say...
    ::crawls out from under the stone she was under::

i am inclined to say that tuberose fragrances are not a favourite of mine and I find the ones that are most popular are too cloying and buttery or too clean and insipid for my tastes. I definitely think that this is a skin chemistry issue. I do, however have quite a few tuberose perfumes that work with my chemistry in a manner that I do find pleasing.

My Tuberose 'favourites':

Carolina Herrera by Carolina Herrera
    Dior Poison Esprit de Parfum
    Gianfranco Ferre by Gianfranco Ferre
    Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds
    Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger
    Dior Dior Addict Eau Fraiche
    Hermes 24 Faubourg
    Rémy Latour L'Élue
    Gres Cabotine (a sweeter, headier version of this is Dior Tendre Poison - best dabbed sparingly in spring / summer. Has the most seductive / enthralling sillage)
    Estee Lauder Spellbound
    Guerlain Jardins de Bagatelle - this is one of those tuberoses which comes up clean / soapy on my chemistry but in this blend it still has a wonderful feminine presence so I like it.
    Guerlain Mahora EDP - this is very heady and tropical, but happens to love my chemistry. I always receive compliments when I wear it. People tell me how fresh and light it smells on me.
    Jo Malone Vintage Gardenia with Cardamom and Myrrh - sold as gardenia but the jasmine & tuberose are also major stars in this blend.
    Oscar de la Renta So de la Renta
    Lancome Attraction
    Escada Collection
    Lagerfeld Chloe

Researching further I see that the native Caribbean Lady of the Night is actually closer in scent to night blooming Jasmine and gardenia rather than a straight tuberose as that featured in scents like Piguet Fracas and FM Carnal Flower.

May I suggest you try scents like:

Jo Malone Vintage Gardenia with Cardamom and Myrrh
    Dior Dior Addict Eau Fraiche
    Rémy Latour L'Élue
    Lancome Attraction
    Stila Midnight Bloom
    Worth Dans La Nuit
    Chloe Narcisse
    Ava Luxe Gardenia Musk
    Carolina Herrera by Carolina Herrera
    Givenchy Amarige

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Carnal Flower is quite extraordinary - Fracas and Mahora are gorgeous, faithful reproductions of the flower as well. I particularly love Mahora, which has a real feel of humid tropical nights under frangipani trees for me. It's discontinued but almost always available on eBay, and is well worth a try if it's a note you love.