Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Penhaligon's suited for summer?

Recent thread titles tend to focus on the suitability of certain fragrances under certain circumstances regarding weather. I want to join in this discussion once more and ask you: Which "Penhaligon's" do you consider suited for summer (or let's start with warmer spring)?

So far I own Blenheim Bouquet and Opus 1870, two scents I admire sincerely. While I consider Blenheim Bouquet to "work" in summer (because of its composition) I am not sure about Opus 1870. Does anyone have experiences?

I have recently been attracted by Hammam Bouquet, too, but suppose its structure would be "too much" in summer. And what about English Fern?

Thanks in anticipation.
    Last edited by DesGrieux; 30th October 2009 at 11:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Suited of Penhaligon's for summer?

Yes, I suspect that Opus 1870 may a bit too dense and woody to work well in hot weather. Hamman Bouquet I also think of as a wintery scent (Straight out of the wool overcoat and straight into the Turkish baths).

Quercus is citrusy but it's not my favourite. I'd plump for Castile - citrus, light floral and light musk; good longevity as well. It is beautiful and you can smell the quality.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for", Allan Chalmers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by michaeld39 View Post
    I'd plump for Castile - citrus, light floral and light musk; good longevity as well. It is beautiful and you can smell the quality.
    Me too. Castile has a very beautifull neroli scent with notes of rose and musk. It´s perfectly suited for warmer weather. The citrus/pine combination of Blenheim Bouquet works also perfectly in summer.

I love English Fern but the season I find myself reaching for this epitome of a classical fougere more frequently is spring. But that´s personal taste and I could imagine to wear it on colder days in summer.

There are a couple of others (Hammam Bouquet, Endymion) which I would potentialy wear on summer evenings, but surely not on hot days.

Christian
    Guerlain: Après L´ondée - Chanel: Cuir de Russie - Dior: Dior Homme - Divine: L´homme de coeur - Caron: Le 3me homme
    ---------------------------

"Tra il fiore colto e l’ altro donato / l’ inesprimibile nulla" Giuseppe Ungaretti

Castile is a great suggestion, I'll soon be wearing it again too.
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

Post Thanks / Like

Raquets Formula is also a good one for summer.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Castile