Code of Conduct

Angry Clinique Tailoring For Men

Why do all the great fragrances qet discontinued but we get inundated with idiotic variations of Codes and Escadas and Tommy's and Polo Blacks (and Double Black grrr!)

I wish Clinique Tailoring for Men came back (The only fragrance that ALMOST reached it's fresh masculinity was Joe Malone's Spritzer, which of course was discontinued!)

And DK Men was an amazing fragrance...gone!
    Calvin...gone!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Any comments?

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Clinique Tailoring For Men

Go ahead and vent all you want, I feel you man!

Another Clinique Tailoring-esque scent that's discontinued (by the same parent company) is Aramis Surface (really HARD to find any more of this).

My vent list:

Chaos by Donna Karan (has anyone out there smelled this...it blows the entire Comme de Garcons Incense line AND Black Cashmere by DK right out of the water! Amazing and rarer than a hen's tooth to find)

Calvin by Calvin Klein (in the solid blue rectangular plastic bottle)

Calvin is back in production!

As for Clinique Tailoring, I've never heard of it! I thought their first was chemistry?

Quote Originally Posted by CoL View Post
    Calvin is back in production!
    Are you sure about that? It was dropped around 1990 and revived (in a reasonably faithful formulation, as far as I can tell) around the millenium, but I thought that it's second life was short and that it had been discontinued once more -- or that the revival was just a limited edition. Well, that would be great news if the second wave is still in production, or if there's a third. It's one of my favorites!
    Spray it, donít say itÖ
    WARDROBE

Oh you may be right there, sorry! Its still all available over the internet though! Just flicking through eBay USA and theres loads of minis and a few full size bottles too!

They have the aftershave lotion on fragrancedirect.co.uk if thats any help!

Quote Originally Posted by CoL View Post
    Oh you may be right there, sorry! Its still all available over the internet though! Just flicking through eBay USA and theres loads of minis and a few full size bottles too!

They have the aftershave lotion on fragrancedirect.co.uk if thats any help!
    No problem, and thanks for the tip. I've actually got a bit of the juice in reserve for now.
    Spray it, donít say itÖ
    WARDROBE

i would buy tailoring in a minute in the original formulation. this was one of my first cologne purchases (must have been high school). the closest frag i've come across to it is eau sauvage, but ES is a bit more formal. would love to have a bottle of tailoring for summer. (oh - AG eau de sud might be fairly close to it as well).
    baald

Buy my extra scents - mainly niche - over 50 items (tiny bottles)

Yes,a lot of my favorite scents are discontinued or reformulated into weaker,alcholy clones.One was Anteaus,that wasn't the same antheaus that I smelt back in 1989! Or obsession for men,so much weaker than the original 1991 release that I bought when I was freshman in high school. So is Egoiste,it not the same egoiste!Jazz also smelled different. Nicole Miller for men was such a great frag! Aqua Fitness by Biotherm is an epitome of a sporty frag that could be worn at anytime or any occasion. DK Fuel was great too! So what do we have now? Mania summer,and more ozonic,bland,watery spin offs of aqua di gio! and the worst part is that people actually like these kind of scents, churn them out with the same theme/base, it's just like fast food!
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Yes Calvin was reintroduced as a limited edition in 2000.