Code of Conduct

Default Amazing layering experience today!

I went into our local Boots after work today and tried a dollop of Angel body lotion - lovely! Then I spotted a tester for Armani Code for women and couldn't resist a quick spray, as it is one of their best sellers.
    In the car on the way home I really loved the sillage they collectively produced and I got some compliments at the check-out also! Try it, it's pretty hot! Want to go out now, as I feel so scrummy....

Default Re: Amazing layering experience today!

That does sound nice. Isn't it fun when we discover something new that just knocks our socks off?

I'm so pleased for you kewart. Layering well is a knack I don't have, I can make anything smell like either wet dog or stale beer! It's always nice to hear of successful combos from people who have an intuitive instinct for layering.

i like to layer (this one is wacky) nuits de noho with Madison bond or Vetiver Hermes with elixir des merveilles Hermes weird huh?

Talking Re: Amazing layering experience today!

Well done! My best layering efforts usually sprout from something unexpected

I have happy memories of the day I first tried both Fleur d'Oranger and Daim Blond. I tested them one on each hand, then continued my shopping. The accidental result was divine, and I wasn't the only one to think so. I spent the afternoon in a reverie. Needless to say they ended up as full bottles. I've never combined them since, in fact I never combine SL scents unless I'm at home messing with new samples, but perhaps I'll give it a try one day.

Kewart, sounds divine! I like the idea of layering Angel in body lotion form. the edp is so demanding that it would be hard to layer, I think.
    Sestra, I am going to try your Serge Lutens mix.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Just sat down at the 'puter and your thread was the first to catch my eye! Haven't even been over to SotD yet to share my happy accident - Tuvache Gardenia and Ava Luxe Cafe Noir!!! :bounce:

A coffee plantation heiress - it is morning and I am wrapped in a silk kimono and sitting on the wide verandah of The Big House sipping the strongest brew possible whilst the morning breezes waft up the scent of the gardenias in the lower garden.

Sigh.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Eternity and Straw Hat. Sounds funny, but the Straw Hat tones down the overblown elements in Eternity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Just sat down at the 'puter and your thread was the first to catch my eye! Haven't even been over to SotD yet to share my happy accident - Tuvache Gardenia and Ava Luxe Cafe Noir!!! :bounce:

A coffee plantation heiress - it is morning and I am wrapped in a silk kimono and sitting on the wide verandah of The Big House sipping the strongest brew possible whilst the morning breezes waft up the scent of the gardenias in the lower garden.

Sigh.

Ahem... young lady! Why is this not added to the Ava Luxe combo or the Ava Luxe Experience thread??!
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Quote Originally Posted by moondeva View Post
    Ahem... young lady! Why is this not added to the Ava Luxe combo or the Ava Luxe Experience thread??!
    I just did!! I just did!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze