Code of Conduct

Red face I Think I'm Biscentual!

I wear men's colognes most of the time: Rive Gauche PH, Lauder For men, Devin, Silver Shadow Pure Blend, Le MaleFduM,etc.

But I also love wearing women's perfumes, specially Kingdom by AmcQ, The original Donna Karan for women, Prada (it smells like rice pudding on me), Alamut by Lorenzo Villloresi.

What women's scents do you like to wear and what responses have you received?

Thrax

Default Re: I Think I'm Biscentual!

Brit Gold
    Angel
    Black Cashmere
    Le Baiser du Dragon
    Mat;Chocolate

'Biscentual' - I love it!

Chanel Cristalle
    YSL Nu
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Blog Entries

Can we Biscentual women join in?

If you take a look at my wardrobe you will see that I am completely Biscentual, out and proud!

I have many male marketed scents and am quite comfortable wearing traditionally masculine scents.

My current favourites are Dior Homme, Guerlain Coriolan, rediscovered during the past Guerlain Week, and Guerlain Heritage - a spiced, warm oriental woody delight! These are perfect for spring. I shall miss my Micheal Kors Michael For Men (SO and I have our own bottles) and YSL M7 but they are best in autumn and winter. Though I will still sneak a spritz on cooler summer evenings.

It's actually very funny but I have a bigger collection / selection of male marketed scents than my SO!

I currently am desperately lemming a sample / decant of the (in)famous Gucci Pour Homme. I have the female counterpart but seem to prefer that as a room scenter. I think I will love it again in the summer though - it needs hot weather / skin. The arid woodiness of Gucci Pour Homme sounds perfect for me...
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: I Think I'm Biscentual!

Tabac Blond

Guerlain Mitsouko

Paco Rabanne La Nuit

All in my wardrobe and they radiate "Attention! Male On Deck!" when I wear them
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I wear these eveywhere:
    Hermes Eau des Merveilles
    Narciso Rodriguez For Her
    Marc Jacobs Blush
    L'Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier
    Tom Ford Estee Lauder Collection Azuree Soleil

At home i wear:
    Youth Dew Amber Nude
    Tom Ford Black Orchid

Wink Re: I Think I'm Biscentual!

I don't think there should be strict rules in what scent you buy for yourself, whatever you like, is your business. For myself, I love the way men's scents smell, and would prefer a man to wear them. I've tried to, but although they smell great, I can still tell for the most part, that they are geared towards men. When I was younger, my wacky boyfriend at the time, copied just about everything I did. Hairstyle, tops, and even went out and bought my perfume at the time, Jungle Gardenia by Tuvache. Just to annoy me. (sort of understandable, I guess) We were both lead singers in bands, and looked alot alike, could of been brother & sister, but we weren't....lol...

bleu autumn haze

I love the term biscentual! Way better than unisex ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Sometimes I wear Shalimar.
    Guerlain: Après L´ondée - Chanel: Cuir de Russie - Dior: Dior Homme - Divine: L´homme de coeur - Caron: Le 3me homme
    ---------------------------

"Tra il fiore colto e l’ altro donato / l’ inesprimibile nulla" Giuseppe Ungaretti

Red face Re: I Think I'm Biscentual!

L'eau par Kenzo (melon,mint anf lilly water: perfect for summer),
    Kenzo Flower ( I love the violet on it),
    Diorissimo ( I´m a number one on jasmin and white flowers. Doesn´t small feminine at all on my flesh)
    L'artisan Piment Brulant (There´s actually the favourite one because of the compliments of the people after Diorisimmo, It´s outstanding opium poppy surround of chilli peper),
    Vraie Blonde LEDO(It smell like... , imposible to describe!, read the reviews!!!).

I wear sometimes Dior Homme, I know is for men but its so feminine.

Anothers I really like but I dont wear for long time is Angel, Lalique Nilang, CDG #3...
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

Basenotes Institution

I wear:

Private Collection by Estee Lauder
    Elixir des Merveilles by Hermes
    Kingdom by Alexander McQueen
    New West for Her by Aramis
    Nectarine Blossom and Honey by Jo Malone

Have received compliments on the New West (love the watermelon notes) and the Elixir des Merveilles (to some, it smells similar to Terre d'Hermes...to me it just smells yummy).

Jicky
    Black Cashmere
    Light Blue
    Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker
    Angel

I wear what I like! ;-)
    De gustibus non est disputandum

I wear:

Paco Rabanne - La Nuit

Alexander McQueen - Kingdom

Christian Dior - Dune

Yves Saint Lauren - Nu

Wink Re: I Think I'm Biscentual!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I wear:

Private Collection by Estee Lauder
    Elixir des Merveilles by Hermes
    Kingdom by Alexander McQueen
    New West for Her by Aramis
    Nectarine Blossom and Honey by Jo Malone

Have received compliments on the New West (love the watermelon notes) and the Elixir des Merveilles (to some, it smells similar to Terre d'Hermes...to me it just smells yummy).

I'm starting to wonder if my nose is "hearing things." Elixir des Merveilles smells similar to Terre d'Hermes? Well, they are both from the same company, but Elixir has to me, a strong orange (soda) smell, and the other does not. I just came back & got a sample of Terre d' Hermes, for my son, it's more manly than the Elixir. I couldn't see my son wearing Elixir, but Terre, definitely.

P.S. He didn't like the Terre d'Hermes, I don't think he's into that manly smell yet, he's only 22, he seems to like something more unusual & funky. He likes Lolita Lempicka au Masculin, that is a different kind of scent alright.
    Last edited by Dolly Dagger; 19th March 2007 at 02:43 AM.

I love "biscentual", too....AND that avitar of your's. So bold!

Too many to name for me, but my top 10 are:

Calvin Klein Truth Lush
    Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue
    Donna Karan Black Cashmere
    Alexander McQueen Kingdom
    Burberry Brit Red
    Bvlgari Omnia
    Gucci Eau de Parfum
    Moschino I Love Love
    Kors Michael Kors
    YSL Cinema

Lol! I love Habit Rouge and Dior Homme. I wear Habit Rouge and I'm trying to get a sample of Homme. I also like C&E Sandalwood and Anteaus.

Other bi-scents from my past: 4711 and TBS Activist.
    "Voici mon secret. Il est tres simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupery