Code of Conduct

Default Ormonde Jayne Parfums vs EDP

Has anyone compared the EDP vs Parfum? If so, what are the major differences? I'm particularly interested in Frangipani Absolute

Default Re: Ormonde Jayne Parfums vs EDP

I have never actually bought Ormonde Jayne in parfum, I was going to get the Ormonde parfum at one point. In a conversation with Linda(the lady behind OJ), I said I wanted the parfum. She asked how I was intending to wear the fragrance as an everyday thing or just evening? I said well everyday but I prefer parfum when I could get it, she told me to go for the edp instead. I did. Bigger sillage and long wearing.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    I have never actually bought Ormonde Jayne in parfum, I was going to get the Ormonde parfum at one point. In a conversation with Linda(the lady behind OJ), I said I wanted the parfum. She asked how I was intending to wear the fragrance as an everyday thing or just evening? I said well everyday but I prefer parfum when I could get it, she told me to go for the edp instead. I did. Bigger sillage and long wearing.
    I have now both versions and yes, Linda is of course right. EdP has better sillage and a huge lasting power (it stucks to woollen shawls most wonderfully!)

I love the parfum, though: it stays closer to the skin, is softer, sweeter and more intimate. That's the way most parfums are.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darŁber muss man schreiben."

One curio about OJ parfums. I just got Tiare, which I love. Anyway, it has the thread on the neck, but the thread is only on the bottom part, it doesn't go to the top part, that is, one doesn't have to cut it. Not that the thread does much. (The same thing with the bath oil, which also comes in a glass bottle with stopper). Is it just OJ style or did the assistant packing it ignore the use of the thread?

cacio

The parfums are so close in concentration that I can't see the difference. I think the percentage of essential oils are very close.

Perhaps Mimi can chime in here and give her impressions. She has tried both and has seen both bottles.

Linda is a wonderfully candid business owner/parfumeuse and I would buy from her again any day.
    Last edited by Primrose; 2nd April 2012 at 02:58 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

Hey Primrose- here I am !
    There really is not too much difference in the EDP and parfum extrait. As Primrose has said ,I think the % of essential oils etc are pretty close. I think the EDP is 25 % concentration and the extrait is 30 % concentration . Excellent in both cases ! I think with OJs it really is a case of 'choose your poison ' ..whichever one you personally prefer and the budget allows . The EDP is really very good and suffices. In future I may stick to OJ EDPs rather than buy extrait as I did with Frangipani simply because I do not find them * too* different though the OJ extrait is definitely- subtlely, closer wearing ( though not weak in any way ) ,deeper ,a bit denser and oilier in feel .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I will add this about OJ Frangipani. I have tried both parfum and edp. For some reason I really like the parfum version better. It is richer and deeper, imo. The edp has more lime. So if I were going to choose, I'd get the parfum. But my experience with Ormonde Woman parfum is that it does not last as long as the edp and does stay very close to the skin. In most cases, I would chose the edp version for OJ scents. But for Frangipani--because I like the smell of the parfum better--that is the one I would chose.

Basenotes Institution

Chaplain- I know what you mean .
    I do LOVE that lime top note in OJ's Frangipani EDP.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

I could develop a real "problem" with OJ parfums. I have a bottle of the frangipani EdP and the travel set of osmanthus EdP...which are both pretty much new. But every time I go to the site I see those gorgeous Parfum bottles. So lovely.