Code of Conduct

Default SotD Saturday 17 March

Morning everybody! I´m usually not an early bird, but...today I´ll be wearing my beloved Fracas.

Have a nice weekend, folks! :bounce:
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Default Re: SotD Saturday 17 March

testing miel de bois by serge lutens
    Wishlist is pointless.

Happy St. Paddy's Day.

Cedre SL
    DONNA

Guerlain-week is over, but I am wearing L´Heure Bleu today anyhow.

Have a fab smelling weekend, all BN:s!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Happy St. Paddy's Day.

Ormonde parfum today, too.

And now, back to bed.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Bulgari Pour Femme for work this morning.

Maybe Guerlain for the evening, but for this morning finally the gift of a Lovely Black Lady:

Eau de Narguilé from Creations Mathias.

I have a Holy Grail in my hands!!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Quote Originally Posted by vandair View Post
    testing miel de bois by serge lutens
    Another Serge Lutens here namely Santal de Mysore.

Wishing you all fabulous Saturday,
    -Tero-

Santa Maria Novella MELOGRANO
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Hanae Mori's Butterfly for me today. Have a good one!

I promised that I would do it, so I am wearing

Guerlain With Love over Hermès Ambre Narguilé

It seems With Love dominates this layering experiment, but the peppery and dry rose is toned down to become a sunny, honeyed blossom. A golden veil of cinnamon permeates the skin deep down, but otherwise AN is hiding her gourmand side.
    Hey Quarry, nice! What should we call her - Amour d'Ambre?
    Next time it will be the other way round, AN over WL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Hello there - hope you're all enjoying your saturday.

I'm back to my SL decants after a week of Guerlains; Tubereuse Criminelle it is today; going to an exhibition with her....hoping she will behave. At least I will be the only one to wear her; in my town I don't think many is aware of the existence of niche perfumery.

unfortunately, I can't smell a thing!!! My nose is extremely blocked...grrrrrrrr...so I didn't wear any scent today. Hopefully my sense of smell comes back by tomorrow!!

Coming down off Guerlain Week in Keiko Mecheri's Loukhoum ( Shycat!!).

For almost sixty years I had been swimming along the "classics" tide - living in time-honoured Guerlains and Carons and Lancomes. It wasn't until I stumbled into Base Notes that my eyes were opened to niche frags, and the wider world of gourmands. My first - and to this point only loukhoum has been Lutens (thank you Riannon!) which made it onto my lust list.

The Mekeri site lists the notes as Hawthorne Blossoms, Rose, absolute, precious woods and vanilla. What hit my nose right off the spritz was the sharpness of...? The Hawthorne? The absolute? (Nose has a way of bypassing top notes going right to the base - then veering back to the top later on. Go figure.)

Anyway this Loukhoum is both lighter and more floral than Serge's - so far. (Only an hour into the wearing.)(May have to do a side-by-side.)

Besides - who says you can have only one?? :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Happy St. Paddy's day to everyone. Looked through my collection, couldn't find a "green" coloured juice, nor "green" packaging of any fragrance. So i'll wear a green sweater instead.

Since Guerlain week is over, I'm back to my mad sampling ways again. Wearing Chinatown on one wrist and Gucci EDP on the other.

cheers!

Green for the day: O de Lancome from a swap. (Thank you, dear M.) :wave:

Lorenzo Villoresi - Sandalo

Having an Ava Luxe sampling day and I am feeling rather giddy and transcendent.

Shisha on one wrist...this is a wow frag for me... very warm and exotic, not too sweet, too excited to even try to recognize notes...more on this later

Rasa on the inner elbow...I need to try this side by side with the extreme version, also a winner

Queen Bess on the other wrist...cinnamon, pleasing, and bright, reminds me a tad of Nuits de Noel

Olbanum - I smell pine and incense, I recommend this for lovers of incense and of the outdoors, definitely a gender flexible frag

What I am loving about Ava Luxe thus far is that the scents have a decided and strong presence without being heady, they are complex without being overwhelming and even the deepest frags I have sampled have a freshness about them that make them very wearable. This house is rising quickly to my top three ... along with Caron and Serge Lutens.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

mugler cologne
    come 2 the edge he said,they said we scared,come 2 the edge he said, they came,he pushed them and they flew.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    I promised that I would do it, so I am wearing

Guerlain With Love over Hermès Ambre Narguilé

It seems With Love dominates this layering experiment, but the peppery and dry rose is toned down to become a sunny, honeyed blossom. A golden veil of cinnamon permeates the skin deep down, but otherwise AN is hiding her gourmand side.
    Hey Quarry, nice! What should we call her - Amour d'Ambre?
    Next time it will be the other way round, AN over WL.
    A woman of her word, no matter the pains. :bounce:

Well, we're scent twins today as I'm carrying over the same layering I wore yesterday.

I DON'T HAVE TO WORK TODAY. OMG! I'm going outside to play--moving firewood and stone, which I just love to do. Moving heavy objects is one of my things, and I can't explain why. Peasant blood?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Moving heavy objects is one of my things, and I can't explain why. Peasant blood?
    Moving stones... hence your moniker "Quarry"?
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Cool Re: SotD Saturday 17 March

I guess I'll wear either Fendi or Hypnotic Poison, haven't totally decided yet, feel not so good today (not feeling good lately) so I might go towards Hypnotic, it is a little more comforting. Have a good day!

Hope everybody have had a wonderful weekend so far.I had an early,early shift today so wore Feminite du Bois to cheer me up.After work I put on some Trouble to make me feel fabulous

I'm enjoying Sublime today.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

"Top o' the mornin to ya" :

I'm wearing NOCTURNES today. I've been craving a Caron.

Happy Paddy's Day everyone!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

After a refreshing shower, I have settled into Ava Luxe's Vamp:

Oriental spices
    Amber
    Sandalwood
    Labdanum
    Vanilla
    Cashmere musk

This is a rather powdery blend, the sandalwood, amber and vanilla stand out to my nose...lovely. I wonder if this Labdanum note is what's captivating me...hmmm...must study up on it.

btw, the notes in Shisha are tabac, honey and other spices...apparently inspired by turkish hookah pipes.
    Last edited by rtamara41; 17th March 2007 at 05:12 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Went shopping so decided not to wear any in case I wanted to test. I ended up testing AMcQ Kingdom on one wrist and CdG Zagorsk on the other.

I'd meant to test Kingdom on my skin as I'd only tested it on strips previously, and all I'd got was lemon. And well, on me, I still only get lemon, only it turns faint, musty and slightly nauseating after a few hours. I wanted to like this because the bottle is so cool, but it just doesn't do anything for me.

Zagorsk I really like and nearly bought but then thought, hmm, do I really want to smell like a church? I may end up buying it as a candle instead.

Blue Notte for nursing a hangover

Vintage Vent Vert for celebrating St. Paddy's later

It is raining over here and I went to the mainland today for massage and pedicure.
    I wore Voleur de Roses then switched to Le Baiser Du Dragon in the evening. Thanks to a lovely basenoter, I like Le Baiser Du Dragon Perfume!

Can't resist another day in L'Heure Bleue.

Was stuck at work for 16 hours yesterday, due to weather, and LHB was the perfect scent for keeping me calm and able to get through a rough night.

Changed into Serge Lutens CHERGUI for a night with the blues.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

summer means fireflys

I'm a little under the weather today ... I'm wearing Vera Wang Princess.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Mitsouko parfum by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Moving heavy objects is one of my things, and I can't explain why. Peasant blood?
    Maybe Amazon blood, Quarry dear?!? I am in awe.

Went "off" the glorious Guerlain week with a sample-fest from a parfumer I'll probably want to discuss later, then into Parfums MDCI Invasion Barbare.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Happy St. Paddy's Day everyone!

I'm wearing Mitsouko today; she's been calling my name lately. I wore Montale's White Musk earlier for the walk with Mr. Sparks (the puppy).

I've been so unbelievably busy lately with the dog and working 60 hrs a week that I haven't had a moment to spend here with my friends. I promise I have been wearing perfume, though! Sparky's favourites are vanilla-based; he'll actually come and lick them off of me. But he also really loves Prive Cuir Amethyste, which is what I was wearing the night we brought him home.

I bought him a perfume yesterday. It's from Fruits and Passion, and is very figgy and actually very nice. It has a low alcohol content, so it won't irritate your pet's skin.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Changed into a sample of Nuits de Noho. Nice, but a little too similar to Angel for me to justify a whole bottle.

Polo Black....Gary

D'Humeur Reveuse all day long, and Jo Malone Tuberose this evening.