Code of Conduct

Default Rasa and Rasa Xtreme

I did sniff these two side by side. Rasa is roses and musk, delightful and bright, whereas in the extreme version the musk really comes to the foreground, this is truly an "animalic" frag, a bit too much for me , but I am certain that fans of Musc Kublai Khan would be swooning over this one.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Default Re: Rasa and Rasa Xtreme

I'm completely smitten with Rasa, but the XTreme...Rasa applied heavily in a public restroom. It might work much better on me when I'm not in 80 degree sun, however, so I'm hanging onto my sample.

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    I did sniff these two side by side. Rasa is roses and musk, delightful and bright, whereas in the extreme version the musk really comes to the foreground, this is truly an "animalic" frag, a bit too much for me , but I am certain that fans of Musc Kublai Khan would be swooning over this one.
    But Darling, you have your golden years to look forward to! I am certain that in my forties my reaction ("my" = bod and nose) would have been the same as yours. But into my 70s I find that musk has lost some of it's rawness but retained it's musk-ness (!!!) and becomes the most wonderful base note upholding and mellowing brighter and rounder notes without becoming discordant as it once did.

On me anyway.

Keep tuned for the Ava-Luxe Experience on your nearest BaseNotes Board!! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    But Darling, you have your golden years to look forward to! I am certain that in my forties my reaction ("my" = bod and nose) would have been the same as yours. But into my 70s I find that musk has lost some of it's rawness but retained it's musk-ness (!!!) and becomes the most wonderful base note upholding and mellowing brighter and rounder notes without becoming discordant as it once did.

On me anyway.

Keep tuned for the Ava-Luxe Experience on your nearest BaseNotes Board!! :bounce:
    IN my twenties, the women who seemed happiest were all over forty...now in my forties and I see what they mean , but you have given me even more to look forward to, Tantalizing TaoLady!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Oh, I L-O-V-E Rasa!! I haven't tried the extreme but mmm, mmm I love the original! Full bottle & matching lotion added to wish list!