Code of Conduct

Question Thoughts on Labdanum?

Two of the Ava luxe frags that I am loving contain labdanum...Madame X and Vamp. I searched the directory and found that I own two labdanum laden frags:
    Antaeus and Coco...surprise!

I am wondering about this note, I have not read much about it, does anyone have any thoughts, opinions, or experiences with labdanum?

Thanks.
    http://www.scents-of-earth.com/labdanum.html
    just found this link with an interesting description of labdanum. no wonder I am resonating with it!
    Last edited by rtamara41; 17th March 2007 at 06:20 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Default Re: Thoughts on Labdanum?

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    Two of the Ava luxe frags that I am loving contain labdanum...Madame X and Vamp. I searched the directory and found that I own two labdanum laden frags:
    Antaeus and Coco...surprise!

I am wondering about this note, I have not read much about it, does anyone have any thoughts, opinions, or experiences with labdanum?

Thanks.
    http://www.scents-of-earth.com/labdanum.html
    just found this link with an interesting description of labdanum. no wonder I am resonating with it!
    I have no helpful info but I am obviously drawn to labdanum myself. I adore Coco and Antaeus makes me go weak in the knees. I guess I need to get som Ava Luxe Samples ( I've actually been looking into doing just that).

God - love the stuff. I'm not much of one for room fragrances or essential oils, but a few years ago I was so captivated by a bottle of labdanum oil from Nature et Decouvertes in France (with an accompanying terracotta cicada to dribble it on). Gorgeous, complex stuff; absolutely beautiful.

Thanks for the site! I've got Madame X too (now I gotta try Vamp - durn you) - also Prada, and Parfum Rare from Jacomo. I love the stuff too so earthy-sexy. I know it shows up in several of my other favorites but can't think which ones.

I am thinking of constructing a separate room just for my Ava-Luxes!! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

one day while I was playing around with some aroma chems my DH zoned in on something he loved- turned out to be the Labdanum Absolute. Now he gets me to apply it directly to his skin...meanwhile I am trying to make a frag with it as a dominant note for him. athere is something very warm and comforting about it and it reminds me of oakmoss more than anything.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slave2love View Post
    one day while I was playing around with some aroma chems my DH zoned in on something he loved- turned out to be the Labdanum Absolute. Now he gets me to apply it directly to his skin...meanwhile I am trying to make a frag with it as a dominant note for him. athere is something very warm and comforting about it and it reminds me of oakmoss more than anything.
    That's probably because of its frequent pairing with oakmoss in the wonderful original classic chypre blends.

My favourite Labdanum Laden Loves include:
    Le Labo Labdanum #18 - sublime!
    Comme des Garcons EDP / parfum - even the cologne is amazing
    Chypre de Coty
    Guerlain Mitsouko parfum
    Ava Luxe Madame X - didn't get it at first but this is the perfect low key dominatrix scent for summer for me especially with my chemistry. I am thinking that it will be devastating in the summer heat layered with Gucci Eau de Parfum or Guerlain Terracotta Voile d'Ete...
    Lagerfeld KL
    Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan
    Ava Luxe Amber Essence
    Lorenzo Villoresi Incensi
    Chanel Antaeus
    Jacomo Coeur de Parfum / Parfum Rare
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

I have a small bottle of the thick, golden labdanum resin, and it's fabulous stuff. I especially love how it works in solid perfumes. I blend a scooplet of it into a beeswax/jojoba oil mixture, with a few spice EOs added, and it's a wonderful fragrant nail cream to use at night.