Code of Conduct

Default Chancellor for men

Have you ever tried this one? If so, please give comments as I am interested but found no reviews here or from other sources. The seller said it smells like a prince, or a lord -- LOL.
    http://www.pramool.com/cgi-bin/dispitem.cgi?2986975
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: Chancellor for men

This is put out by a company in Illinois called Romane. This is actually a very good fragrance, which I find comparable to Creed's Green Irish Tweed, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Paco Rabonne XS and Floris JF. These are not identical scents, but they're all close and Chancellor fits right in with the more expensive ones. This is a great but little-known fragrance company. I have been using the Musk occasionally for probably 25 years and it is one of the best I've found. They also have a scent called Ultimo that is very close to Armand Basi -- it's quite a unique fragrance.

Check them out at http://www.romanefragrances.com

Thanks for this interesting information. Always nice to find a new fragrance company. Only problem: too much to chose from.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by craigl14 View Post
    This is put out by a company in Illinois called Romane. This is actually a very good fragrance, which I find comparable to Creed's Green Irish Tweed, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Paco Rabonne XS and Floris JF. These are not identical scents, but they're all close and Chancellor fits right in with the more expensive ones. This is a great but little-known fragrance company. I have been using the Musk occasionally for probably 25 years and it is one of the best I've found. They also have a scent called Ultimo that is very close to Armand Basi -- it's quite a unique fragrance.

Check them out at http://www.romanefragrances.com
    Wow, this is your 3rd post and it gave good information about the product. If this scent is in the same line of GIT and Polo Purple Label I don't think I'd ever miss it to someone else. I will bid for it. The price seems to end up about USD31, what do you think? (50ml I guess)
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

What can I say? I'm a fragrance junkie and regular lurker, but infrequent poster.

Their list price is $20 for 4 oz. I don't know if they ship internationally or not and don't know how much it would cost, so your $31 may be a bargain, I don't know. It costs $8 shipping to me here a couple states away from Illinois. Remember, I said this was in the scent family of GIT, it is close, but it's not as rich smelling as the GIT, JF or even Purple Label. But it is good stuff and smells close to those more expensive scents.

I have not ordered from them in quite some time, but they used to be very generous with their samples. I reorder their Musk (like I said it is one of my favorites) every few years and they generally include two or three samples at least...fairly decent size, probably 1/4 oz. or so, not just the small vials most use. I've never bought anything but the Musk, but I have plenty of samples of Chancellor, Profile, Ultimo, Red Canyon, Wilderness, etc., that they have sent along with the Musk over the years. In fact I had so many, I kept one of each and gave the rest to goodwill a few years ago.

If you miss out on your bid or want to deal with them directly I think I would e-mail them to find out if they ship internationally. If they do, it might make sense just to order from them and get plenty of samples. If they charge, say, $20 for shipping (a pure guess), you've still got 4 oz. of Chancellor and several samples for $40. I'd definitely ask them for samples of Musk and Ultimo specifically and ask them to throw in some others they think you might like. That's my two cents anyway.

Good luck!