Code of Conduct

Default Fleur du Male arrives in the mail via Bloomingdales

I just got back from a long business trip and found a Bloomingdale's box awaiting me on the kitchen table. It then dawned on me this was the new Gaultier I ordered about two weeks ago.

When I first saw the totally white can - I totally understood where Jean Paul was going with this... In world dominated with "Black" scents for men Gaultier take opposite route shocking the public. I will admit It was shocking to see the can so stark white - the bottle itself reminds me of milk glass. The whole thing brings on a milk theme.

The scent is rich very rich and powerful sad to say it is nothing ground breaking. Actually after sniffing It dawned on me this whole scent was done before as Malto Smalto. If anyone remembers this was a scent launched by Francesco Smalto. While Malto was rich in orange flower it had some wood notes to temper it but it had the over load of orange flower that actually takes on a candy feeling almost like chocolate. To my nose the scent does have a very creamy accord to it like sweet warm milk...you are either going to love it or its going to make you sick.

Thought I feel Malto Smalto was a little before it's time and never became a hit - Fleur du Male may have hit possible at the right time. It's hard to say how the consumer public will take this scent. Le Male I though would not last on the shelfs was embraced and ending up being a success for Gaultier - we will have to see.

If anyone needs to know the lasting strength in this scent is at Eau de Perfume for a EDT lasted well over 8 hours.

Default Re: Fleur du Male arrives in the mail via Bloomingdales

It's definitely on my hit list to try. I wasn't a great fan of the original with all the bottle re-hashes and summer versions, it still didn't hit me.

I was reading two blogsites with different interpretations, one mentioning that FdM is a fougere with an overdose of orange blossom, while the other classifies it as a floral oriental with a woodsy vanillic base and a "urine" note (hehe). Those of the female persuasion might even take a shine to wearing it as well. If there's a major note of orange blossom like that of L'Occitane's Neroli EdP, I'm sold!

Seems like there's a comeback of fougeres and chypres and orientals with a fresh flair to it...I'm happy with that, and florals for men really needs deep attention.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Is bloomingdales the only place where you can purchase this cologne?
    To Whom Much Is Given...Much Is Required

Quote Originally Posted by muchisgiven View Post
    Is bloomingdales the only place where you can purchase this cologne?
    Yes... but only until the end of March. It will then hit all the other stores where Jean Paul Gaultier fragrances are sold in April, including Nordstrom, Sephora, Macy's, Dillard's, and Ulta (the usual suspects for Gaultier fragrances).
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Basenotes Plus

Yeah, I think it's official world wide release date is April 1st! I'm going to buy it blind.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    Yes... but only until the end of March. It will then hit all the other stores where Jean Paul Gaultier fragrances are sold in April, including Nordstrom, Sephora, Macy's, Dillard's, and Ulta (the usual suspects for Gaultier fragrances).

To add a note! My local Macy's just received a tester they had on the fragrance counter.