Code of Conduct

Smile If you were only "allowed" to wear two scents for one year, which ones would it be?

I know that is not realistic, but if you HAD TO make a choice of ONLY TWO, which ones couldn't you be without, and could wear consistently for a year?

Blog Entries

Default Re: If you were only "allowed" to wear two scents for one year, which ones would it b

That's such a hard question!!!

At this moment in time...I would say Bvlgari Black and Clean Men.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Smile Re: If you were only "allowed" to wear two scents for one year, which ones would it b

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    That's such a hard question!!!

At this moment in time...I would say Bvlgari Black and Clean Men.
    It's suppose to be a difficult question, or it wouldn't be challenging or fun! I have smelled Bvlgari Black, and I cannot really smell the notes in that too much, which is weird, because I have a sensitive nose. Alot of people like it, but I haven't got a clue, with that one.

Default Re: If you were only "allowed" to wear two scents for one year, which ones would it b

Mitsouko parfum by Guerlain

Nombre Noir by Shiseido / Serge Lutens

As I feel per today, I think I would go for NR for her EdT and Mitsouko.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens

Jasmin Impeatrice Eugenie by Creed

(and I would stash Madame X under the bed! hee hee hee)
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Today I would choose L'Heure Bleue and Ivoire

Good question & it is surprisingly easy to answer!
    ANGEL and No.5 edp

**If I had the option of 3 scents I'd add Farnesiana edp

Two is extremely hard. I'd probably choose Hypnotic Poison, which I find both comforting and sexy, and Ambre Sultan.

Based on right now I have to choose Vanille Noire Du Mexique and Lipstick Rose before I have too much time to think about the others.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly Dagger View Post
    It's suppose to be a difficult question, or it wouldn't be challenging or fun! I have smelled Bvlgari Black, and I cannot really smell the notes in that too much, which is weird, because I have a sensitive nose. Alot of people like it, but I haven't got a clue, with that one.
    Think rubber, tea, smoke, and vanilla .
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Smile Re: If you were only "allowed" to wear two scents for one year, which ones would it b

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    Think rubber, tea, smoke, and vanilla .
    Well, I'm not a lover of rubber or tea scents, so that's maybe why I didn't respond to it, but if you enjoy it, good.

Easy question for me! kai and Jalaine's Patchouli. I wouldn't be happy about it, though. No, not happy at all.

I did really not expect that it would be that easy for me, but after the Guerlain Week I am sure it will be:
    Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune and Jicky.

I can't imagine that they would ever bore me and they make me feel good.

And now it seems I can safely get rid of the ridiculous amount of fragrances in my wardrobe
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

In reality, if forced to give up all but two I would probably just let them all go and wear the bitter scent of my tears.

But since it's just a game, I'll pick Barbier des Isles and Terre d'Hermes. Two versatile scents I love.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Right now my choices would be Moschino by Moschino and Fidji by Guy Laroche.

Right now, it would be KM Loukhoum and Diptyque's L'Ombre dans L'Eau!

Hopefully that'll never happen, but i'd probably choose Fahrenheit or Égoïste.

Czech & Speake No.88
    Blenheim Bouquet
    Carlo Corinto Vetyver
    Last edited by pluran; 28th March 2007 at 10:16 PM.

I am married to Fracas, but since I am allowed to have 2, I will also take my mistress Floret by Antonia's Flowers

It would be Angel and Bois des Iles. I would be doing a lot of sneaking off to the mall for a whiff of something different though!

I would wear L'Anarchiste in grumpy protest of the 'year of too many Mondays'. And to remind myself a year is not a life sentence and civility and dignity will eventually prevail Dunhill Edition would get the nod.

Now, my question is, what dollar amount would it take to get you to actually do it?

Cartier's Le Baiser Du Dragon Perfume and Comptier Sud Pacifique's Vanille Abricot.

My usual answer would be Donna Karan Black Cashmere and Guerlain Herba Fresca, but today I'm feeling romantic and I'd choose Jo Malone Vintage Gardenia and Hermes Jardin sur le Nil.

I just cheated, didn't I?

Fracas and Stella would be my picks, but if you ask me tomorrow things could change
    From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it.
    Bette Davis

It would be SL Chergui and...?(hard time choosing between Un Lys or Fld'O, so I asked my daugther to hide them behind her back)...and I picked Un Lys.

Not often very hot in summer where I live; so Chergui would be suitable most of the year; and when not..Un Lys would be.

I just realised I only need two scents! - and now that I've found them; I can stop searching; stop buying blind;...and I'll live happily ever after!

bleu autumn haze

Angel for sure. It's picking the second scent that is hard for me ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Hermes Ambre Narguile and Guerlain Jicky.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Coco and JPG Classique EDP
    Current top five:JPG Classique,Chanel Coco,Lolita Lempicka EDP,Armani Emporio SHE,Opium

Extremely hard question!!!!:O What a dreadful thought!But if I was forced by violence...Narciso Rodriguez edt and...Trouble.

It would have to be Mitsouko - I think the more I 've been reading about it here recently, I love it - a fragrance with a history and soul.

Secondly, Chanel No19 - which I have fallen back in love with, after a long absence. I think it must be something about the fresh spring air which lends itself perfectly to that green sparkle.

This is a question I am asking myself quite often, because I am stressed by owning many frags. And of course it is quite impossible to answer... I have two answers for it, an these two I can´t make a choise between...

My first pair of perfumes, as I could have as my only two:
    Chanel No 19 and Coco Chanel. They are my two favourite sociable frags.

My secound pair of perfumes, also possible to have as my only two:
    Mitsouko and L´Heure Bleu. They are my two favourite emotional frags.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Not an easy question, and heaven forbid I should ever have to do it,
    but I would choose Nirmala and Roma (at this moment in time).

I guess I would have to go with my two favourites of the moment: Bond Chinatown and Ormonde Jayne Frangipani Absolute.

Gosh, real tough question. Right now I would pick Bois des Iles and L'heure Bleue. I think I'll have a different answer tomorrow though.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Now, this is though!

At this moment I would choose Angel and Mitsouko!
    “I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.”-Anais Nin

I would surely keep Arpege by Lanvin and the second would be... damn, now that I'm thinking about it, it IS a VERY difficult question! I would narrow it down to DKNY Women, Ricci's Love in Paris, D&G Sicily and maybe Eclat d'Arpege and then sit and brood about the decision for a long, long time...

I'd revolt. Slap the cuffs on me now 'cause it ain't happenin'.

Ok Ok Ok...... Angel and Romance. Haven't worn either in a while so they might not bore me. Then again...

Ah, H*ll. Get the cuffs back out.

L'Artisan Mimosa pour Moi
    Jo Malone verveine