Code of Conduct

Default SotD Monday 19 March

Rosine's Rose d'Amour for me today to get this week started and to bring some springtime feel to this grey, sloshy Monday.

Have a great day, everyone!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Monday 19 March

Quelques Fleurs by Houbigant. I also need something bright to cheer me.

Angelique Encens on one arm and Passage d'Enfer on the other.

Can't make my mind up yet, will it be heaven or hell
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Mazzolari Vetiver over here and me loves it :-D

-T-

Poison for this miserable English day.

On this grey Monday, I am wearing Guerlain Métallica again thanks to a lovely BN fairy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Good day to everyone.

I'm all aglow in Caron's Perfum Sacre. It is warm, generous, and beautifully balanced. A deeply lovely fragrance. I will try to live up to it throughout the day, and with such a companion I feel better for it already.

Annick Goutal Duel

Another grey monday here!
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

l'eau de l'artisan
    Wishlist is pointless.

Warm and very windy here. Carthusia Aria di Capri for the day.

Ava Luxe Viva body lotion with her Vamp edp.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Kingdom for me today. Grey and windy here, too.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

I'm sitting here smiling all over my face probably looking stoned, due to a very generous Lady in Black who sent me a lovely package full of generous samples.
    The narcotic responsable for the state I'm in is named Chergui.
    People...I think I'm in love! But I have to try all the samples she sent me before I marry Chergui; shall try one new each day this week.
    But so far this is my favorite I think. I was stunned by the beauty of Un Lys and Le FldO also; but they did'nt produce the same effect on me as Chergui.
    Can't wait to try the other samples!

Chanel No.22 edt today

Something in the air today... Had trouble making up my mind, was very nearly scent twins with kanutta (isn't Chergui a delight? Enjoy!!) but settled on Etro's Etra instead. **sounds of brain spinning in head and verging on imploding due to indecision** Wondering whether it might be too warm for this, maybe I should change into Chergui after all...

Sigh. We're at that frustrating point in the season here in New England... It's currently sunny and warm, but the whole atmosphere feels pale and washed out... Yesterday was cold with scudding clouds and occasional snowflakes, occasional sun; and the day before we were digging out from nearly a foot of heavy snow and freezing rain dumped on the whole region. Am considering wearing Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's Winter of Our Discontent as my SoTE, stricly for the name (although it's also *quite* a nice frag).
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Quelques Fleurs by Houbigant. I also need something bright to cheer me.
    Was just thinking of this frag because - after waiting impatiently for the samples, (which came two weeks ago - but I got caught up in Guerlains and other things) - I am beginning Five Days of Amouage with Ciel Pour Femme.

Pretty. Opens on gardenia and violets and maybe jasmine, some fruit in there somewhere, peach probably and a quiet sandalwood amber base that is just slightly powdery. Not quite right for this atypically cold day. I thought "Sort of a toned-down Quelques Fleurs!!" :bounce: Or a slightly jazzed-up MoonBreath (Ayala) which I actually would prefer because it relies more on jasmine.

Pretty. But I wouldn't shell out those many clams even if I was a rock star or an Arabian Princess.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Wearing Une Fleur de Chanel!

Reached for the rectangular bottle, and am wearing the lilac coloured juice of Prada Tendre. Soft, comforting, with a bit of floral peeking out.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Montale Aoud Rose Petals. Wow, what a rose--thorns and all. It just hooks itself into your memory. Big, big roses. This one and Black Aoud are similar, with the Black being unisex, more orange and spice with the rose, and the Rose Petals being more floral and leather.

Another rose wearer here...Bulgari Rose Essentielle for me today!

wearing chanel's coromandel today. love it. very heavy on the patchouli, but beautiful and smooth.
    Last edited by quinpus; 19th March 2007 at 01:08 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Cabotine EDP today over the matching lotion.

Rose d'Homme
    Les Parfums
    de Rosine
    Sa Majesté
    la Rose (2000)
    Serge Lutens
    CG

Very chilly, grey and windy here today so needed some warmth. BAL A VERSAILLES for me!
    Happy Sniffing!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

I'm very cold here, too, but I'm getting all the warmth I need from the beautifully developed Parfum Sacree. The drydown is absolutely luscious and still going strong after seven hours. What a maginificent perfume.

It's hot here, but Prada anyway.:wave:

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Carthusia Io and JM Orange Blossom. (Better during really hot weather than today's moderate spring conditions.)
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Terre D'Hermes....Gary

SotD and SotE: Mitsouko.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    I'm very cold here, too, but I'm getting all the warmth I need from the beautifully developed Parfum Sacree. The drydown is absolutely luscious and still going strong after seven hours. What a maginificent perfume.
    I have to agree with you Sestra. Parfum Sacre is in my top ten all-time favorites. It is indeed magnificent! This will always be in my collection!
    :toppie:
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Cool Re: SotD Monday 19 March

I left my house wearing no scent, and spritzed a couple at Neiman Marcus. Eau de Merveilles on one arm, and Jaipur Saphir on the other. One smells like sweet powder & the other the beach. I live in Florida, who wants to smell like the beach, when you live not that far from it? Honestly, I tested alot of fragrances, old & new, and didn't find anything that excited me. Oh well, I'll just stick to the few I like...

Smile Re: SotD Monday 19 March

Sève Exquise by Gobin Daudé

Le De Givenchy

Love that linden blossom on Tovah's new avatar! Came from work, still windy and muggy here, wearing Paco Rabanne Calandre.

Chose D&G Feminine for today but wasn't comfortable as its coolness made me feel even colder on such a bitter day. Tonight I am enveloped in three rose scents: Acqua di Parma; Rosa Flamenca and an itty bit of Lipstick Rose.
    What is it with the longing for rose scents at the moment? Perhaps we are eager for the scent of real flowers in the garden on a calm, tranquil day.

I tried on Ava Luxe Milk today, and then CSP Matin Calan on the other arm. I'm leaning toward Milk at the moment, because it's oily and very lasting. I smell very cozy, and quite fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post
    I tried on Ava Luxe Milk today, and then CSP Matin Calan on the other arm. I'm leaning toward Milk at the moment, because it's oily and very lasting. I smell very cozy, and quite fat.
    OOOHHHH!!! I love Ava's MILK!! Yummy!! Another on the Must Have list!

Givenchy Very Irresistible
    Current top five:JPG Classique,Chanel Coco,Lolita Lempicka EDP,Armani Emporio SHE,Opium

Gaultier 2 today for me.

Parfums de Nicolai Rose Pivoine. I like this one a lot.

My SOTE....Emporio Armani He....Gary

Sotd Pure Poison...For the evening Provocative Woman.

relocated to Tuesday's thread
    Last edited by Sestra; 20th March 2007 at 07:35 PM. Reason: posted in wrong thread