Code of Conduct

Default The Fragrance that is the Scent of

Hot, Passionate and Animalistic, hetrosexual physical relations.

What in your mind, is that fragrance that closely reminds you of the scent of that act? Not a scent that your lover, or partner was wearing during consumation, but the scent that would most remind you of it. Would it be a male, or female, or a unisex marketed fragrance? Or does it even exist?

Default Re: The Fragrance that is the Scent of

Many variations of this question have been asked before. One answer that seems to come up often is FM Musc Ravageur.

Thumbs down Re: The Fragrance that is the Scent of

forget it
    Last edited by TheCure; 19th March 2007 at 11:18 PM. Reason: read the question wrong

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    Many variations of this question have been asked before. One answer that seems to come up often is FM Musc Ravageur.
    Yes, I know that. I am more interested in people's personel experience and not what they have read. And I am also interested in what gender of fragrance that would invoke those memories. I'm betting that it would be a niche marketed to female fragrance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    OMG my arm smells like heterosexual coitus???????? AUGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Smile Re: The Fragrance that is the Scent of

I've only been using this site for about a week. It's somehow addictive to me, since you never know what topic will pop up next. One of the things I used to find irritating (and now just laugh) is where people will react to the question or issue being put forth. Someone asks about good spicy colognes and then half the messages are why spicy colognes are bad!! That wasn't the question!!!! So instead of reacting, I'm joining in on the "modus operandi" of this site and that is, here is my opinion whether you want it or not!!! I'm intrigued by this question, since I have no idea what the scent of animalistic, heterosexual sex would smell like. Were the parties clean? Were they drinking alcohol into the night? I imagine that it would be all over the map. I once smelled a tree blossom that made me think of sex...maybe that scent has been bottled. But it made me think of gay sex. Hetero sex probably smells much different with the mixing of the yin and yang energies as opposed to the yang/yang energy of gay sex. But I will definitely be following this thread.

I'll venture an opinion...Rasa Xtreme
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    OMG my arm smells like heterosexual coitus???????? AUGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Scentsibility flips CJ a fresh, steaming, lemon-scented towel... and a wink...
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

Too funny Cologne Junkie you are one silly girl.

Le Labo Rose 31

Oh wait, that's what I smell like afterwards. Nevermind.
    Last edited by Sloan; 20th March 2007 at 12:44 AM.

Hard to believe there are 9 replies and still no mention of Muscs Koublaï Khän. Now that's remedied.

Hard to believe there are 10 replies and still no mention of condoms + a postcoital smoke = Bulgari Black. Now that's remedied.
    Last edited by Morgan Creek; 20th March 2007 at 02:34 AM.
    "Oh, my Lolita, I have only words to play with!"
    - Vladimir Nabokov,
    Lolita

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Creek View Post
    Hard to believe there are 10 replies and still no mention of condoms + a postcoital smoke = Bulgari Black. Now that's remedied.
    OMG... so THATS why I like Bulgari Black so much...

In all seriousness though, I've just sprayed the back of my hand with black.. I think you've pretty much nailed it. lol
    Next time I feel like wearing it, I'll have to mentally fight that association. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Creek View Post
    *cries*

What about Kama X-treme? It smells like the nether regions! All hormonal, musty and gooey! And the Rose Poivree sample I'm trying out now, smells like a vase of roses that's sitting the corner of the bedroom where two lovers had spent the night in throws of unbridled, knee-buckling ecstacy of epic proportions!

When Flashpoint mentioned a tree blossom that smelled like sex, I had to laugh. I work in the tree care industry. Right now, all the Bradford pear trees are blooming...and they are everywhere! I had one co-worker say that the blooms smell like sex. Last year, my sister-in-law asked me what the trees were with all the white flowers. I told her they were Bradford pears. She said, "Oh!...well... whatever they are, the flowers smell like splooge!"

WHAT!??? I laugh every time somebody says something about the way those trees smell.
    Bradford pears do smell funky when they bloom. Not sweet and pretty like one would think a flower should smell.

S

Bulgari Black was one of the first fragances that I owned where I sensed that familiar(to me anyway) scent. And Jicky is the other. Sorry if that makes anybody who is hetrophobic cry.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by russnug View Post
    Bulgari Black was one of the first fragances that I owned where I sensed that familiar(to me anyway) scent. And Jicky is the other. Sorry if that makes anybody who is hetrophobic cry.
    LOL hey there. I'm not heterophobic @ all. I'm just being silly, really. Bvlgari Black is one of my favorites.

LOL hey there. I'm not heterophobic @ all. I'm just being silly, really. Bvlgari Black is one of my favorites.

Yes, I'm sure you're just being silly and I am aware of your deep devotion to Bvgari Black. That's why it is so deliciously ironic, that at least 3 of us think it resembles hetrosexual coitus on our arms.
    Last edited by russnug; 20th March 2007 at 03:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Yes, I'm sure your're just being silly and I am aware of your deep devotion to Bvgari Black. That's why it is so deliciously ironic, that at least 3 of us think it resembles hetrosexual coitus on our arms.
    Well...so far in this thread my SOTD & one of my very faves have been likened to hetero sex...maybe I'm subconsciously straight-curious??

Nah

Well...so far in this thread my SOTD & one of my very faves have been likened to hetero sex...maybe I'm subconsciously straight-curious??

Nah

Nah, it just means that Annick Ménardo's genius contains multitudes.
    "Oh, my Lolita, I have only words to play with!"
    - Vladimir Nabokov,
    Lolita

Actually it was my scent of the day that made me think of this subject. YSL's Live Jazz. To me it smells like post hetrosexual coitus with a fresh, yellow grapefruit, squeezed out over our gloriously sweatsoaked, bods; as a wisp of mint wafts thru the room.

Tommy T, does the exact same thing, but replace the waft of mint with the fresh scent of clean sheets.

Blog Entries

OK, this is my first response to this very amusing thread!

I believe that many of the best pre / mid / post coital scented perfumes are mostly marketed as unisex or to the female market. I don't know why this is but maybe men smell of sex anyway without adding to the danger with a manufactured scent... Anyway I think in the western world we prefer men that smell 'clean' and therefore civilised. And sex does not smell civilised...

Anyway, my candidates are:

Bulgari Black - I definitely agree with the condom and post coital fag here! The first time I asked SO's opinion on this he said it smelled, and I quote, "like sweaty ball sacs." Now before you ask how he could be so sure about such a thing - he works in urology and runs a men's fertility clinic. So I guess he knows what he's talking about. Sadly I have been unable to wear it since.

Serge Lutens Musc Koublai Khan - I was stunned to realise recently that this scent is made up of a lot more than just the sweatiest, animalic musk available. It does depend on personal chemistry but the costus root / patchouli / Tunisian Musk accord at the heart of this can end up smelling anything from clean sweat through to the scent of interspecies sex (beastiality).

Ava Luxe Rasa Xtreme - this scent is amazing, and gives me hope for the future of unapologetic, non generic perfumery. This is a super musk reeking of desire, body fluids and sexual satisfaction. Similar in original animalic potency to Serge Lutens Musc Koublai Khan, Rasa Xtreme is unadulterated sex with roses and the siren, 'cat mewling in heat' call of civet dominating and leading the proceedings.

Vivienne Westwood Boudoir - A rare thing may be but this is one fragrance that lives up to its name. Ostensibly a unique, warm floriental this features an accord that evokes the scent of a room after intense f**king. I use the term seriously. There is no 'love making' in this scent - this is purely physical satisfaction and money left on the bedside table. Inspired by the aromas of a French ho's room this definitely captures the essence faithfully. To me this is the female Kouros. YSL Kouros is the scent of male / male sex in public rest rooms. The scent of cottaging. I am not hating - I truly respect (and happen to own) both.

Lentheric Just Musk - this is Boudoir lite to my nose and one of my favourite 80s musks. This is Boudoir without the dirty sheets, stuffy airless quality and the dead florals but is still pure animalic sex.

TBS Mostly Musk - This is one of the most amazing musks ever, and a personal favourite. I am completely flummoxed as to how the Body Shop, the queen of clean, could have created something so unabashedly sexual in nature. On paper and even sniffed from the bottle Mostly Musk is just a rather nice clean woody musk, but as with all things perfume related, chemistry is king. I am always slightly embarrassed when I wear this in public because I feel that I am sending out the wrong signals. I tend now to wear it mostly at home but there are days, when I just don't care. In fact I wear it as an added dare. It is fun to see the subliminal effect it has on others. On my skin this turns into sex - the warmth of aroused skin, the scent of clean sweat during love making, the scent of a womans juices... Not surprisingly this scent has been discontinued.

In general, I have found that the scents that have that sensual sexual undertone are those that fall under the animalic grouping - featuring notes of civet, castoreum, ambergris, costos root, patchouli. Indolic blooms such as oriental lilies, jasmine and ylang-ylang also add to the effect.

These happen to be among my favourite notes in perfume. I wonder what that says about me....
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Wink Re: The Fragrance that is the Scent of

After reading Moondeva's post, I realize that most of the scents that remind people of sex, have some kind of musk in them. Personally, I hate musk in a fragrance, because I have my own going for me, especially when I was having sexual marathons (lol...) , and even when I'm not, I tend to have a musky scent to me. (a good one) I being hetero, assume that was what we were talking about, but I would assume if not, two people of the same sex wouldn't smell THAT different...geez...
    Since I don't wear anything with musk in it, Givenchy Indecence, was heavy & had a amber musky scent, and since alot of men compliment the drydown on my Kenzo Jungle, I would say that, and drydown of Fendi, on me, smells animalic in a way. The two that most every guy has commented on in a kind of ggrrrrr...kind of way. When I was wearing Angel, men followed me, and would come up to me & sniff & say, niiiice...

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly Dagger View Post
    I being hetero, assume that was what we were talking about,

You assume correctly.

but I would assume if not, two people of the same sex wouldn't smell THAT different...geez...

Geez.... I think you assume incorrectly here. At least according to a close friend of mine, who is bi-sexual and a bit of a sex maniac. He has said on many occasions, that the scent of coitus between he and a women is toatally different than when he is making it with a dude.

Now me being a flaming hetrosexual, am more interested in fragrances that mimic coitus between male and female. And being a clean freak, I usually work up a clean sweat as do my female counterparts. That is why I think a fresh clean fragrance with a hint of musk and saltiness, reminds me of the happy time.

Moondeva, you are my new hero(ine)! (wicked avatar btw!) I nodded my head in agreement whilst reading your post. Reading no-nonsense narrative accounts like yours is the reason I joined and support basenotes.

A quote if I may, Vivienne Westwood Boudoir- "...evokes the scent of a room after intense f**king. I use the term seriously. There is no 'love making' in this scent - this is purely physical satisfaction and money left on the bedside table. Inspired by the aromas of a French ho's room this definitely captures the essence faithfully. To me this is the female Kouros. YSL Kouros is the scent of male / male sex in public rest rooms..."
    Congratulations. You've just sold me at both of these descriptions. I am seeking out both Boudoir and Kouros as we speak!
    Thanks for keeping it real, Moondeva.

Russnug, I really hope you find what your looking for. What about Etat Libre d'Orange Secretions Magnifiques?
    Last edited by Quixotiq; 20th March 2007 at 05:02 PM.

Smile Re: The Fragrance that is the Scent of

Geez.... I think you assume incorrectly here. At least according to a close friend of mine, who is bi-sexual and a bit of a sex maniac. He has said on many occasions, that the scent of coitus between he and a women is toatally different than when he is making it with a dude.

Now me being a flaming hetrosexual, am more interested in fragrances that mimic coitus between male and female. And being a clean freak, I usually work up a clean sweat as do my female counterparts. That is why I think a fresh clean fragrance with a hint of musk and saltiness, reminds me of the happy time.
    I was really responding to what FLASHPOINT321 was implying about gay sex, not emanating a different scent then straight sex, I wouldn't know for sure on this subject, since I've never experienced gay sex, nor do I really care to know. So, don't get into my "assuming incorrectly", I would assume that men & women smell differently in the first place, so right there the combined scent would be different. I hope this is put to rest now...lol...Nobody is more a "flaming hetero" than me. If you read the rest of my post you can see what was really the point.