Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Default Review: Patou Pour Homme, Jean Patou

What: Patou Pour Homme, 60ml splash
    Note: The lovely lady owner was kind enough to give me a screw on splasher thingy that converts the splash into a spray
    Price: 45 singapore dollars (29USD) Im absolutely stumped!!!
    Purchased: The good people at Jasina (http://www.jasina.com.sg/)

Top Notes
    Hot Pepper, Lavender, Tarragon, Black Pepper, Bergamot, Galbanum
    Middle Notes
    Bourbon Vetiver, Cedar, Patchouli, Clary Sage
    Base Notes
    Oakmoss, Sandalwood, Mysore, Cistus Labdanum

Super luxurious oriental. I smell leather, then something a bit nutty and then woody. I would say a definate evening scent and perfect for a formal occasion. Sorry am not very good with this fragrance description stuff...They dont make em like they used to...
    This makes me almost wanna quit fragance collecting and just stock up just this stuff... almost...

Verdict: My fave so far in my modest collection.
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Default Re: Review: Patou Pour Homme, Jean Patou

speak to an accountant. This may be the best investment of this decade. Decanting this around the world could make you rich. if it's pure

think it is...
    came boxed with a paper fold with instructions how to screw/unscrew the cap of the bottle

UPDATE: Ok i just did some research on previous threads on this stuff and was not aware of how sought after and rare it is...this one is going back into the box and to the back of the chiller
    maybe one day....
    Last edited by yonggoh; 20th March 2007 at 09:01 AM.
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

I bought two bottles of Patou Pour Homme and got rid of both. I keep my collection to 35 or less and Patou had no place. Smells dated to me for the first couple of hours, then just an ok dry oriental. I know I am in the minority and it is considered heresy to say Patou is not the nectar of the gods, but my nose just didn't see what the fuss was about. Is it good at 75$ a bottle? Absolutely. Is it good at $225 to sit in my fridge? Are you kidding? By the way, my 2 oz. splash cost 33.90 plus tax. Lucky me!

I will go with L'Homme Sage over Patou Pour Homme any day of the week. Just my opinion though as always.

I don't think it has anything to do with the scent anymore. It's certainly 2007's Beanie Baby on ebay.

I know a gal who made a small fortune on ebay selling beanie babys. Now you can't give them away.

I spent $90 in 1980 on a Cabbage Patch preemy for my daughter and she was floored. at the age of 4 she was making a comparison to a girl around the corner whose family was very materialistic, no brains just cash. That little girl didnt have a preemy and her dad bought her one. heartwarming

I wear Patou pH about once a month. I've tried varying amounts and find when applied heavily, the drydown isn't nearly as nice as a lighter application.

Nectar of the god's?....nah, but it is a very nice scent. Now I guess I'll have to find some L'Homme Sage. Will the list of "must tries" ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    I bought two bottles of Patou Pour Homme and got rid of both. I keep my collection to 35 or less and Patou had no place. Smells dated to me for the first couple of hours, then just an ok dry oriental. I know I am in the minority and it is considered heresy to say Patou is not the nectar of the gods, but my nose just didn't see what the fuss was about. Is it good at 75$ a bottle? Absolutely. Is it good at $225 to sit in my fridge? Are you kidding? By the way, my 2 oz. splash cost 33.90 plus tax. Lucky me!

I will go with L'Homme Sage over Patou Pour Homme any day of the week. Just my opinion though as always.

That's a really good comparison and one I've made before also.

While Patou is my holy grail, LHS comes damned close.