Code of Conduct

Talking Ciara, Charlie, Love's Baby Soft, Wild Musk...which one would it be?

If you HAD to pick one of these oldies from your youth, (the drugstore scents) as one of your regular scent to wear, which one would it be? (just one, please)

Ciara
    Charlie
    Love's Baby Soft
    Wild Musk by Coty
    Intimate by Revlon
    Chantilly

No, I'm not going to say Tabu, because that's too easy, I know most of you like that...I know there are others, that are nicer, like Tigress, Woodhue, Jungle Gardenia, etc., but I want to make the decision more challenging...

summer means fireflys

Default Re: Ciara, Charlie, Love's Baby Soft, Wild Musk...which one would it be?

I only wore one of these: Love's Baby Soft, but I don't think it would work for me now ... so I'm going to say Wild Musk by Coty.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Default Re: Ciara, Charlie, Love's Baby Soft, Wild Musk...which one would it be?

I loved BABE in the 6th grade, now I can't even remember what it smelled like Senile!!!
    If I had to choose from the list....Ciara!

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I only wore one of these: Love's Baby Soft, but I don't think it would work for me now ... so I'm going to say Wild Musk by Coty.
    My thoughts exactly!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I don't actually know the musk. I tested and enjoyed Ciara recently, so I'd go with Ciara, and probably the Wild Musk in second place.

Probably Wild Musk by Coty, but given the choice I would really rather wear Jovan Musk.

I still wear Ciara. It would be nice to get a bottle of Intimate, though. My mom and I both wore it.

Hands down: Intimate...and while this was available in some drugstores as cologne, this was marvelous in its parfum form at the Revlon counter at department stores and I hate to think of it in the same "line" as the baby soft stuff.

I also loved Aquamarine also by Revlon

As for the Faberge's these were quite nice as I recall...I used to like Flambeau quite a bit...a nice spicy rose. I have a bottle of Aphrodesia and I think it wound do well if it was marketed today. Geminesse was pretty good too.

And I remember liking Moondrops..another Revlon
    Last edited by Zibeline; 21st March 2007 at 01:36 PM.

Wild Musk.
    In fact, I have some.
    It doesn't last but a few minutes on me now.
    However, if I spray it in the room, I can smell it for hours.
    Isn't that odd?

Wink Re: Ciara, Charlie, Love's Baby Soft, Wild Musk...which one would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424 View Post
    I loved BABE in the 6th grade, now I can't even remember what it smelled like Senile!!!
    If I had to choose from the list....Ciara!
    That is so funny, I was gonna put BABE but I wasn't sure anyone would remember it! I do remember what it smelled like, it's kind of sweet & sort of powdery. A real girly fragrance, was okay.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    Hands down: Intimate...and while this was available in some drugstores as cologne, this was marvelous in its parfum form at the Revlon counter at department stores and I hate to think of it in the same "line" as the baby soft stuff.

I also loved Aquamarine also by Revlon

As for the Faberge's these were quite nice as I recall...I used to like Flambeau quite a bit...a nice spicy rose. I have a bottle of Aphrodesia and I think it wound do well if it was marketed today. Geminesse was pretty good too.

And I remember liking Moondrops..another Revlon
    Amazing, I was thinking about MOONDROPS, alot lately, always wondering what happened to it. I remember it to be very potent, but I liked it. Your all so funny, you can't just narrow things down to the choices your given, you have to have other options... LOL....
    Last edited by Dolly Dagger; 21st March 2007 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Not from "my youth" but of the ones mentioned, none, of oldies like that (the ones you mentioned all seemed sort of either innocent, powdery, sweet or timesgoneby-like, BABE , maybe even avon's Pearls & Lace.

Charlie (the original, blue!)... Oh, I want a bottle now!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Hmm, this is difficult - it skirts the edges of ones I actually wore

My favorite Love was Love's Deep Earthy Musk, one nobody seems to remember. It was also my favorite musk.

I preferred a lot of the Faberges also...

I'm trying to remember Intimate and Chantilly and all I recall is there were florals I liked a lot better.

My sister still wears Coty's Wild Musk, and it's pretty nice, so I'd go with that.

I have never worn any of those ( I was born with a taste for expensive perfumes) but I guess I would have to choose the Wild Musk. I had friends who wore Loves Baby Soft and I never could stomach the stuff.

I remember acquiring a bottle of Chantilly when I was little, and rather liking it. I also remember reading (in the 90s, I think) about it being reformulated back to something resembling the original; this sounds as though it's gone through rather a lot of changes, so there is no way of knowing if I'd like what it's become. I'd certainly be willing to try giving the old version a go... though somehow I don't think it has much to do with the person I now am.

Of the ones you have listed as choices, I would choose Intimate. I have worn each of these fragrances. I wore Charlie, Wild Musk and Chantilly quite a bit in the 70's, and the others you mentioned less often at that time, but my tastes have changed and if I could choose just one to wear now, it would be Intimate.

I wore Charlie - everybody in my town did in the 70thies. But I think I'ld go with Ciara - I remember a friend of mine who had Must de Cartier as her signature in the 80thies one day let me smell Ciara. She was amazed that something so inexpensive could smell so expensive; so from then on she saved her Must de Cartier for special occasion; and wore Ciara as her everyday frag.
    I don't remember the smell of it, but I'll take my chance on it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sue_ellen53 View Post
    Of the ones you have listed as choices, I would choose Intimate. I have worn each of these fragrances. I wore Charlie, Wild Musk and Chantilly quite a bit in the 70's, and the others you mentioned less often at that time, but my tastes have changed and if I could choose just one to wear now, it would be Intimate.
    Ladies, I know you wouldn't probably still be wearing these fragrances, because your tastes have changed, that is the point! I wanted to pick stuff that alot of us wore when we were very young, just to see what you would pick now, (for old time sake) if you had to...you women are tough...lol...

I use to wear Revlon Intimate. If I had to choose now, I would pick Wild Musk.

I would choose the Wild Musk. Only because I did buy some a while ago. I still love the way it smells on me and it brings back some lovely memories as well. But I do remember back in the high school days and early 20's wearing Ciara on a daily basis.

I wore Charlie, Jontue, and some of the Love's scents, but I wouldn't go for them now, although that Love's Jasminey Musk might tempt me. Cachet was nice, I had that one, too. However, my very SOTD is one from way back when: Jean Nate. I love its clean spiciness. I find the drydown truly intoxicating. Even my scent-finicky husband complimented me on it today. And it hasn't changed in years. I still like Jovan musk oil. And I still have a soft spot for Chantilly, but it's not the same scent as it was. I would wear the old Clairol's Herbal Essence body powder now if I could get my hands on some. It was lovely. There are a few I would still wear. The problem is, most of the scents I liked long ago have been tweaked for the worse, or are no longer in production.

p.s. I currently own and enjoy Charlie White, but that doesn't count.

Edit to add: Apologies, I didn't realize we are limited to only those fragrances you first mentioned.
    Last edited by sherrie11; 23rd March 2007 at 06:44 PM.