Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wearing fragrances when you're sick.

Getting over a nasty cold a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that I really didn't want to wear any fragrances. I looked at my bottles and none of them appealed to me. In fact, I was kind of repelled by them. I kept thinking during the course of being ill that I couldn't wait to get over this damn bug so I could get back to my obsession.

Has anyone else experienced this or am I just a freak? It seems everytime I get sick my desire for frags just wanes away.....

Default Re: Wearing fragrances when you're sick.

Yep, I had a sore throat a few days ago that progressed into a minor head cold. I can't smell very well, and even the scent of pure sandalwood oil is kind of repelling to me (very unlike me).

I don't want to wear any fragrance until I get over this cold, so I don't have any bad memory association with them. :P

Post Thanks / Like

Negative reinforcement.....I never thought of it in those terms before, but you're totally right.

To this day, the smell of Peach Schnapps turns my stomach, harkening back to my university days!

Smile Re: Wearing fragrances when you're sick.

Quote Originally Posted by zestyfresh View Post
    Getting over a nasty cold a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that I really didn't want to wear any fragrances. I looked at my bottles and none of them appealed to me. In fact, I was kind of repelled by them. I kept thinking during the course of being ill that I couldn't wait to get over this damn bug so I could get back to my obsession.

Has anyone else experienced this or am I just a freak? It seems everytime I get sick my desire for frags just wanes away.....
    No, your not a freak because when your sick, your desire for fragrance wanes. I think most people have the same response. First of all, when your all stuffed up, and feel like c**p, your cold distorts you sense of smell anyway. So, the fragrance either smells different, or is annoying to your already inflamed sinuses. Cheer up, you'll go back to your usual good smellin self soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I mentioned some time back that I'd discovered a curious medicinal property in heavy vetiver scents i.e. they seem to help to clear your chest and have a 'Vicks' like effect on your breathing! Whenever I get a sniffle or a cough I spray on loads of Vetiver Hombre before going to bed and it does the trick perfectly

Yikes, this past season, I've had four colds in four months. With my terrible sinuses, it takes me two weeks to recover from each one. During that time, I can't smell a darn thing, I can sense that there is a smell (I can sense the heaviness in the air), but I can't smell nor taste anything. During this time, I'm turned off from even wanting to wear fragrances -- I think the reason is that I wear fragrances close to me and for me to enjoy. If I can't smell it, then there is no point.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407