Code of Conduct

Default Unforgivable Multi Platinum, SMW

It may just be me, but to my nose, Unforgivable Multi Platinum smells quite a bit like Silver Mountain Water. In fact, due to Unforgivable's association with MI, I'd say Sean Combs is once again doing the unforgivable, to the same damn company! Just wondering if anyone else smelt the similarity, or if I'm just going crazy!
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Default Re: Unforgivable Multi Platinum, SMW

Is this a limited edition?

I think his whole career has worked this way. After all he started out by making these incredibly cheesy teenie-hiphop cover versions of 80s pop classics. Which was Unforgiveable, btw.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Talking Re: Unforgivable Multi Platinum, SMW

Unforgivable = M. Imperial...just cheaper

Bond No. 9 "Hamptons" = Creed Silver Mountain Water (try this)!!!

Paco XS = Creed Himalaya

Original Vetiver = Thierry Mugler Cologne

GIT = Davidoff Coolwater

Original Santal = Joop Homme

Oh yes, Diddy has made a career that has been (and seems always will be) very marketable. Although no one would claim him as a good artist, he seems to sell by the millions. His clothing line also does similarly well, not being a part of the "G Unit vs. Rocawear" war, and has clothes that are actually in style. He's made quite a career for himself.

P-Natra: Like your list, although they always show up in a thread of "This smells like this", but I noticed you switched the order of the list halfway through, with the copies on the left in the beginning, switching to the originals on the left at the end. I wouldn't want people to think that you think Creed ripped off Davidoff! Although a Creed version of Relax wouldn't be half bad... and probably longer lasting...
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

I smelled this today at Von Maur... I found it very similar to SMW, too.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I tried it yesterday at Nordstrom's. I found it to be a rip off of Unforgivable. To rip off yourself, now that's Unforgivable.

Honestly, I really couldn't tell the difference on first sampling, except maybe to say it's a little more citrusy in the top and middle notes than the unoriginal original.

I don't see the SMW comparison. Where's the tea note or the berry sweetness? For me--at least based on my first impressions--it's a rip off of a rip off of Creed's Millésime Impérial.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 24th March 2007 at 08:52 PM.

OMG, I just tested this today, and it was terrible! I guess this is supposed to be some sort of Summer Edition? Unforgivable was fleeting, but IMO a good scent, but this one barely stayed on my way out of the store. The top notes have a peppery and citrus bite, and then dries down with a note that's similar in cK IN2U and then disappears altogether. Geesh!

I say the original compares more to Bond No. 9 Wall Street than SMW.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I tried Mulitplatinum yesterday and found it similar to SMW also. No berry note and a very slight tea note. It's like a fresh summer version of SMW.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Basenotes Institution

UMP and SMW do not smell alike, to me

I don't get SMW out of it, but I have had trouble distinguishing it from Unforgiveable, which personally I enjoy a lot. The promotion for the new UMP does not help with differentiating the two that is for sure - such promotion refers to UMP as an edition and an annual event, but not really a new fragrance, from what I've seen. Regardless of UMP's merits or deficiencies, it surely is not different enough from Unforgiveable to warrant the purchase for me. During the couple tests I've done of it, I do think I possibly notice some difference, but it is defined by the same notes as Unforgiveable.