Code of Conduct

Default Chevignon thoughts + Questions

Chevignon is a relatively cheap one which I really enjoy.

It is a very relaxed perfume. Also, it has real clarity in three layers of top middle and base which are distinct and yet beautifully linked. It goes on just a little acerbic with a slightly light woody feel to the top citrus with dry apple. I like this accord, but to me, chevignon really improves as it progresses and moves towards a very fine and unique drydown with a lovely blend of amber, moss, santal, musk and the heart notes hanging on. The real quality in this for me is the way the heart (composed of jasmine, a little cinnamon and apple with plums) blends into the base in such a smooth and easygoing manner.

Distinguishable notes of good quality which create coherent accords characterise this casual frag for days in the most comfortable company.

Now I notice the bottle has changed recently. I wonder if it has also been reformulated, maybe due to oakmoss restrictions? I have emailed chevignon before about a couple of things but not even had any acknowledgement.

Does anyone here have any thoughts, opinions or information please?

Cheers.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 24th March 2007 at 09:46 PM.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Default Re: Chevignon thoughts + Questions

Thanks to your sample, I quite liked this one too. However, I found it too light on my skin (maybe it's better sprayed?). BTW, where did you get hold of your bottle?

Chevignon is listed as part of the
    Jacques Bogart Group

Perfume and cosmetics company founded by Jacques Konckier in the 1970s.

Recent releases under the Jacques Bogart name include Bogart Pour Homme (2004), Silver Scent (2006).

The Jacques Bogart Group also owns or controls licenses for a number of other fragrance brands, including Faconnable, Naf Naf, Bugatti, Ted Lapidus, Chevignon.

looks like they're selling a classic in your country and a different bottle here.

http://tinyurl.com/2cbpb7

I can't find a website for the Jacques Bogart group
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 25th March 2007 at 05:48 AM.

Robert - good to see you back here .

I got it at Fenwick Brent Cross - £30 for 75ml. The bottle is different, all white, I cant find an image on the net at the moment.

it is not this one

http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=1945457

which I assume is the old one. I find it is quite light in composition - it is not a "big" scent - but it has quite good sillage and longevity. It is quite "airy" if you know what I mean but leaves a good trail.

I can't find any official site mentioning chevignon frags now, there used to be a french one. Maybe they are discontinued?

Even the clothing sites seem to be different for each region maybe it is some kind of franchise business???? (there is no outlet in the UK).

A mystery. And a bloody shame if this cologne is discontinued.

(By the way, there are (or were) lots with similar names: Chevignon is different from chevignon classic is different from best of chevignon etc)
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

reviews

Hi Jeff,

Yeah, I'm kinda back but I won't be participating as much as before - it just makes sense to login and post here occasionally, rather than return weeks/months later and be overwhelmed by what I've missed!

I'll have to check the Fenwick branches in Central London - thanks for the tip. Have you got a photo of the new bottle?

Would you say that this would be better for warmer weather? Maybe the heat would breathe a bit more life into this 'light' fragrance.

I haven't got a photo. I could take one but am not sure how to post it here? I have tried before but it never seems to work for me.

As fredricktoo said, it is distributed by bogart, so anyone who stocks those should have it or be able to get it.

My favourite memorable wearing was on a warm autumn evening when I was out and about. Body heat seemed to keep reinvigorating it, I applied quite heavily (0.5 ml from a sample vial??) and kept feeling I had overdone it. It doesn't have a dense presence (like I think many of your favourites do Robert?) but it was leaving sillage hanging in the air. I was carrying some things up and down some stairs and kept walking into my own sillage when I went up the next time.
    I really enjoyed it again the other day on a cool sping day.
    --------------------------------------
    UPDATE - sorry this is the exact bottle I have - not sure why I didn't notice this before

http://www.escentual.com/cgi-bin/Esc...w/chevignon002

and reading that promotional blurb, it is surprisingly accurate to my mind
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 27th March 2007 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

reviews

Jeff,

Your description of the new bottle intrigued me, so I did a bit of researching myself. Would your bottle happen to look like this one (couldn't enlarge it, I'm afraid):

It's only available in 75ml and 125ml. As for the other bottle, some websites are referring to it as 'Chevignon Classic' (available in 30ml, 50ml and 100ml) - I'm not sure if they're both the same frag but the new bottle design is a lot more attractive, IMHO.

Oh, BTW, try http://imageshack.us for posting photos.

Yeah, that's it. Its clear, not white, the box is white, I just remembered wrong. (I did post a link to a pic in the post above yours but you probably didn't notice because of the very annoying auto-merge thing which makes it hard to see when someone posts twice with new information.)

I have the 75 ml. Chevignon classic is a different frag, and there is also "best of chevignon". Very confusing. Maybe the ones I have seen are actually "classic" but not named properly on the listings.

reviews

Is the original Chevignon being discontinued? I have only JUST discovered this frag courtesy of a review on this website. The person pointed out how much it smells like Polo Crest. Based on that review I ordered a bottle and it arrived today. To my nose (and memory) it smells A LOT like Polo Crest. I LOVE IT.

So if it's going to be discontinued in favor of a new blend, I need to know so I can stock up on the "old" one (since Polo Crest is long gone).

Thanks in advance!

Nice but weak.