Code of Conduct

Default What scent reminds you of someone important in your life past/present?

My dad when I was young, wore Old Spice after shave, and he smelled so good & things were good then. (now, forget about it)

A dear male friend, who I met in High School, was actually my first boyfriend, (who is now passed) used to wear English Leather.

Best girlfriend, patchouli, etc. You get the picture. What scent reminds you of an important person(s), that will be imprinted in your scent memory forever?

Default Re: What scent reminds you of someone important in your life past/present?

i dont have any distinct people in my life who were consistent with their scents.. but smelling certain colognes remind me of time periods in my life. i just rebought versace the dreamer, i hadnt had it since High School. The smell just puts me right back to that state of my life, its very nice... its amazing how a scent can bring back such vivid memories

Default Re: What scent reminds you of someone important in your life past/present?

I've worn Chrome 4 days in a row because I've recently been thinking of an old friend. It was her favorite scent that I owned and she always wanted me to wear it. I get to go see her in a week and every day that I wear it I feel closer to her. It brings back a lot of old memories, both good and bad but it is worth remembering at all.

Just got to be D&G light blue.. Reminds me so much of an ex girlfriend!!

What a coincidence. I was telling someone earlier today how Montale's Black Aoud reminded me of my grandmother. She maintained some incredible rose gardens and often wore fragrances with rose notes. Black Aoud smells like something she would have loved and possibly worn.

My current girlfriend wears body shop's citrella, and she's the only person I know who wears that...naturally, it reminds me of her.

Guerlain Vetiver reminds me of both my dad and myself at about five years old. It's a dead-on reminder of some shaving soap and/or aftershaves my dad had in 1970-something.

Heh, I think.. Impulse Moongrass/Tease and DKNY Be Delicious both remind me of my ex.. And oddly enough, so does Acqua di Gio, because she really liked it..

Other than that, RL Romance reminds me of another really close friend.

On a slightly related note - does anyone else find that one of the things that a guy notices a lot on a girlfriend is her shampoo? I guess it's probably a height-related thing heh.

I had a much-loved aunt who always wore Estee Lauder's Private Collection--it suited her as she was a larger than life Auntie Mame-type. Everything about her smelled of it. Not actually a scent I like, but I love it because it remeinds me of her. I don't smell it much on people, but I did have a quick sniff recently and it brought her right back to me, even though she passed away a few years back.

Unhappy Re: What scent reminds you of someone important in your life past/present?

My dear dad used to wear old spice to,so i recently got some for myself,dosent seem the same though.
    ~~Penniless but smell Fantastic~~

My pet cat i once had wore Chanel No.5 and now I miss her when I smell it. That or litter box.

Coolwater reminds me of practically all the girls i've loved before...
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Old Spice - Daddy (me and 500 million other folks I guess)
    Vetiver hombre - the barber I went to as a small kid. The shop smelled just exactly like this (or so my memory suggests)
    Antaeus - a highly intelligent but hopelessly neurotic braggard I went to school with
    Poison - All of downtown Frankfurt was wrapped in a cloud of this during the 80s. As if the pollution from the chemical plants down the river weren't enough. Man those women so overapplied...
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Evening in Paris. My mother.
    I remember that little blue bottle with the innocuous fragrance stored in the bathroom in the linen cupboard and I sniffing it on many occasions.

My dad use to wear:

1. Jovan Musk for Men
    2. Grass Oil for Men
    3. Jovan Sex Appeal for Men
    4. Bill Blass for Men
    When I smell anything remotely close to these...I remember him....

Grey Flannel...one of my bust buds in the world.

Opium....my ex-gf...she still wears this exclusively...has everything in the line including the summer stuff.

Peace,

Otto
    Last edited by Otto; 21st April 2007 at 02:37 PM.

Estée Lauder "Youth Dew", leather, breathmints and unlit cigarettes is THE scent of my mother's handbag... I still strongly associate YD with her as it is her signature scent.

The barber of my childhood wore Opium PH. Of course, I didn't know that at the time.

I hadn't thought about him in years (it's been close to 20 years since I was in that shop) when I tested the frag for the first time last year. It all came flooding back -- all the bad $3.50 haircuts. I bought the bottle.

A very close friend of my family wich i thought of him as my Uncle always wore Old Spice, he's passed away now (it's been many, many years) and i remember him fondly whenever i smell the fragrance , he was such a great man, very intelligent.
    It's not the only thing he wore ,but the one he used the most.

Old Spice and Brut remind me of my father, but there are scents, such as Cool Water and Skinscent that remind me of high school and college.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Might sound a bit cliche, but Chanel No.5 - reminds me of my grandmother

Madame Rochas - my Grandma. I still own one of her purse sprays.

Quadrille - my Mum. Specifically, my Mum in the late 70s when she used to wear a paisley silk chiffon Liberty headscarf most of the time. She and I were going through some old things last year and found the scarf. It still smelled of Quadrille.

Anything with muguet - my Great Grandma. I had lily of the valley in my wedding bouquet to remind me of her.

Cacharel pour l'Homme - my chemistry teacher and piano teacher from school, who my family used to holiday with. They were a great pair of guys who lived together and both wore Cacharel pour l'Homme - very sadly, they split up a few years ago and my chemistry teacher later died. I think their fragrance was the first fragrance I ever asked the name of.

Givenchy Gentleman - my uncle. He used to wear gallons and gallons of the stuff when I was very tiny, and I remember getting very confused and frightened - the Day of the Triffids was on the TV at the time, and I'd never met another man who wore cologne before...so with impeccable four-year-old logic I surmised that he was actually a triffid in disguise and hid every time he came into the room. These days he wears Acqua di Parma - much harder to mistake for the smell of an alien plant!

Old Spice and Canoe remind me of Dad but I prefer my guy to wear something like Wall St By Bond

Basenotes Institution

Dad: Wild Country by Avon
    Mom: Jontue
    Brother: Azzaro (original)
    My ex boyfriend: Bulgari pour Homme
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 21st April 2007 at 08:56 PM.

Ambre Sultan reminds me of my mother. I recall some of the fragrances she wore had an amber scent. It evokes an image of a time past.