Code of Conduct

Default SotD Saturday 24 March

Poussičre de Rose today, too.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Saturday 24 March

Terre d' Hermes

I've accepted that spring isn't here yet. I'm wearing Vetiver Oriental and may continue to do so until winter leaves.

Vent Vert - Balmain
    Wishlist is pointless.

There is just something that makes me long for

Jicky

Spring? :bounce:
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

I'm off to ride some rollercoasters today at Southend on Sea (more like Southend on Muddy Thames Estuary!) so it's a real pity Bond don't do a Coney Island fragrance.
    I'm hoping my Creed Royal English Leather will go the distance!

Rive Gauche for me. Have a nice weekend! :bounce:
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

I got up at 6:40am this morning, felt really bored so I went and tested White Musk by Montale (a gift from a lovely basenoter)... This is one unusual musk, revolves around violet and ylang ylang which is an interesting combo.
    I put on SJP's Lovely and went out to repair my nail and got a pair of jeans.
    I finally found a special occassion to wear GM's favourite ... spot light please!
    Amouage Gold
    My boss gave me two free tickets to see the Feria Musica - Le Vertige du Papillon! I also scored 7 free drinks' coupons.

Have a nice weekend everyone!
    Last edited by Coconut; 25th March 2007 at 12:19 AM. Reason: typo

Coco, what a treat! Lucky golden girl today....
    Inspired by sunshine and increasing temps, I am wearing Avicenna Eau de Toilette over Avicenna extrait - thanks again, Annette, for creating this beauty! I just love it
    Happy w/e to all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

SL's Daim Blond for me today. I feel great in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Amouage Gold
    My boss gave me two free tickets to see the Feria Musica - Le Vertige du Papillon! I also scored 7 free drinks' coupons.

Have a nice weekend everyone!
    Oh dear Lord
    Don't tell me I will find you singing and dancing in that fountain again!!

I really can't go on bribing the entire HK policeforce!

Well, enjoy it anyway. Just behave as I would do :bounce:

:: is that a wise advice? ::

L'Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two

Have a great weekend!
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

The weather is boring: cloudy, muggy and warm for the fifth day in a row. We need rain or sun already, either one will do to break the monotony. Wearing Joseph Parfum de Jour.

Have a nice weekend!

Talking Re: SotD Saturday 24 March

Fredericktoo, I love your new avatar - giggle - could it have anything to do with the art thread, hmmmm???????

Mistress Renee is wearing Viva Body Lotion and Vamp EdP, though frederick is making me want to wear Tabac Blond...maybe later tonight
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I love Saturdays as they are normally sampling days for me. It's early Saturday morning, and I'm wearing Angel Violette from a small sample I got from the local department store. I find that the original Angel is hard for me to wear, but I think I can pull this one off.

cheers to all!
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Shalimar - I was in a vanilla mood this morning. I smell great.

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    Fredericktoo, I love your new avatar - giggle - could it have anything to do with the art thread, hmmmm???????
    Dear Lord Fredricktoo is changing his avatar almost every day now and I did not look too well.
    Oh, rtamara, you are right!!

That must be the result of the art thread and the generous offer.

::must be more careful with what I say in future::

But: applauding the esteemed Mr. Fredricktoo for having a Brave Heart and a glorious sense of humor! :bounce:

Eau des Merveilles for me today, my new favorite (well, Magical Moon is still #1).

SotD: Le Baiser du Dragon.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    I'm off to ride some rollercoasters today at Southend on Sea (more like Southend on Muddy Thames Estuary!) so it's a real pity Bond don't do a Coney Island fragrance.
    If you think fragrance fans are wild, you should see a gathering of coaster enthusiasts (they're really "loopy":bounce: --at least those who love steel coasters go in loops).

Wearing Plus Que Jamais (sample left over from Guerlain week).

I'm just not satisfied with the spring scents I have on hand, and everything I've been ordering/swapping for has been delayed for a variety of reasons: Wet Garden, Nanadebary Green, Shalimar Light.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Beautiful sunny Spring day here today, so decided to test my FLEURS D' ORANGER. I've only had it on for about 20 mins. but I know already I'm going to love this one. I don't normally like big sweet florals, so I'm a little surprised, but this one's gorgeous, and will likely be put on my "To Buy" list. Lovely!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

This day is asking for a change. Let's play with a dragon and see what will happen

Le Baiser du Dragon

Creed Sping Flowers. Even though it's cold, blustery and horrible here.

Playing with Madini Parfum Oils, I've got Sun on one arm, and Shadow on the other!!! :bounce:

These are wonderful and live up to their names! Shadow is all smokey fougere, Sun is woods and herbs and lavender (hear that, DragonLady??) I am loving these perfume oils and am off to The Directory to leave reviews!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Matin Calin for me today.

This evening I'm wearing Bois des Iles parfum.
    Last edited by MorganFay; 24th March 2007 at 06:23 PM.

Still wearing Madini Oils today.
    I smell unique and amazing.
    These powerful, all-natural oils are fascinating.
    Check out my Madini Oils thread for a review of 13 of them.
    We are going to pass these around Basenotes.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing vintage Derby today, a surprise gift that came this week from a very special friend.
    Last edited by shadesofbleu; 24th March 2007 at 04:44 PM.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Ooooh, everything turns sweet on me...!! Today Le Baiser du Dragon didn´t work. At first it was nice, but after two hours it was nothing but sweet...! It has not turned out this way during all the winter! Perhaps this is happening because today is an early day of spring...? Anyhow, I now has changed to Chanel No 19, who is as wonderful as I expect.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Prada EDP

I honestly don't know yet, I'm not being drawn in any direction yet, probably Hypnotic or Kenzo Jungle.

Nope, Obsession Parfum, thought I was going out, but it rained on & off all day, stupid Florida weather.
    Last edited by Dolly Dagger; 24th March 2007 at 08:14 PM.

Today is *finally* sunny and the palest promise of spring is in the air (though we are scheduled for snow tomorrow! My younger son made a specific scent request of me today, and it was fitting to oblige him... Napa Valley's Cielo. Notes include sweet pea, fig and cassis, and Daphne odora.

(Though I couldn't resist putting the beautiful Chamade on one wrist, courtesy of a beautiful sample from a wonderful, wolfy Basenoter! :wave: Mmmmm... this needs further exploring!)
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Had the urge for Halston classic, so just went for it.
    DONNA

Cool Re: SotD Saturday 24 March

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Had the urge for Halston classic, so just went for it.
    I don't know how long you've been wearing Halston, but do you notice a difference? I first wore this in the seventies (giving away my age here...lol...) then it smelled really special & full bodied, now it is similar, but not as rich & the same as it once was. (smells sweeter now) Alot of oldies, but goodies are being tweaked, HATE THAT!

My heavy heart needs a lift. The world feels wrong, and everything is distant, two dimensional, pale, and tasteless. Sigh. What's a fragrance for dysphoria with depersonalization? I'll just wear my Rose parfum and drift for a bit.

At work I've been wearing Omnia.The perfect work scent it seems.Subtle,but still noticeable and a bit spicy.After work/evening I decided to wear Jicky edt....This is so refreshing!Looks like I might "need" this one as a larger bottle of my collection,not just a decant...

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post
    My heavy heart needs a lift. The world feels wrong, and everything is distant, two dimensional, pale, and tasteless. Sigh. What's a fragrance for dysphoria with depersonalization? I'll just wear my Rose parfum and drift for a bit.
    Sweetie, may I join you? Feeling just (or almost just) like you.
    I think we need a powerscent like Fracas.
    Or the comfort of Encens et Lavande.

Come on, lovely Cat, go out and set the night on fire!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spicegirl View Post
    Beautiful sunny Spring day here today, so decided to test my FLEURS D' ORANGER. I've only had it on for about 20 mins. but I know already I'm going to love this one. I don't normally like big sweet florals, so I'm a little surprised, but this one's gorgeous, and will likely be put on my "To Buy" list. Lovely!
    YES!!! Spicegirl - this is one of my top three loves...just gorgeous, I think it is the saffron bite that keeps it from being overly sweet and cloying.
    Much more complex than one would expect.
    I just love this one too. It seems to heat up on my skin after a bit, too, very nice evolution.
    --------------------------------------
    Yikes.
    I just read this.
    My intuitive response as I scrolled your wardrobe are of the following scents:

Chinatown
    Deep Night by Ghost
    Timbuktu by L'artisan
    Datura Noir

For some reason it feels like any of these might give you a bit of a jolt out of twilight zone mindset with their respective full bodied sweetness, heady incense, civetty spice or glorious tuberose.

Hope that doesn't sound too weird.

RT
    or, just go with the feeling, Rose Essentiale always makes me feel vulnerable and like I can have a good cry. THEN tread out into the Deep Night.
    Last edited by rtamara41; 24th March 2007 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

(((hugs)))

-wish I could drift a bit along with you, honey...

I´ve been wearing different scents from Fresh today; Redcurrant Basil, Violet Moss and Cucumber Baie, but settled for Matthew Williamson for the evening.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Yes Fleur d'oranger is lovely Spicegirl...I wore it to a girls' party yesterday; and everybody wanted to know the name of that divine smell.

Went to town in Michael with DH, found a beautiful dark brown suede coat from the sixthies in a brand new vintageshop. The sleeves are too short; but then I'll just have to find som long gloves.

Took a bath and a nap in Organza; now I'm having sushi and some wine with Bois D'Ombrie thanks to Gerald. My better half liked the latter very much; and in fact I think it would be very nice on him; for me Bois D'ombrie is more masculine than feminine.

Ah..one of those days...Riannon and Shycat; hmmm...a glass or two of red wine and a very very good film called "les invasions barbares" usually do the trick for me. Or the Goddfather triology..or " Once upon a time in America ".

Have a nice evening all of you!

Smile Re: SotD Saturday 24 March

Clair de Musc by Serge Lutens

Trying Feminite du Bois again on some spare skin. Trying to make out the differences between this one and the SL Rousse, which I sampled earlier on, at the department store.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Changed into Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet for the evening. Nice!

I guess your heart needs a lot of TLC and the lift will follow on from that. Be good to yourself Shycat. Fragrance from your wardrobe, En Passant - uncluttered, unpretentious, simply beautiful. Take care.

For myself, NR For Her on a sunny dry day with a bit of warmth to it. Best day weatherwise we've had this year. Did some gardening which was a real tonic and looking forward to choosing seeds, bulbs etc. in the next few weeks.

Aqua Allegoria LAvande Velours over Sandalo by Etro. Basically ramps up the sandalwood already in Lavande. Love that Sandalwood.

Krysia

I followed my own advice and set the night on fire in a jazz club

wearing Black Cashmere

Adrenaline and the sound of a saxophone!!

Polo Black....Gary

Took Lil Miss to see the Easter Bunny at the mall today, I wore tropical JALA and after my shower tonight it is the warm, sultry SAMSARA.