Code of Conduct

Default Male Fragrance that exudes sex

I recently tried Yatagan as well as Musc De Ravageur. Musc De Ravageur had a animal, musky primitive scent. Yatagan had a similar animalistic, musky, primitive something. I don't know how else to explain it. Almost like a natural body secretion, pheremone.

Any others scents have that?

Smile Re: Male Fragrance that exudes sex

There is no way I'm going to answer to another sexy scent thread, but hey, welcome to basenotes mate!

Default Re: Male Fragrance that exudes sex

A variation of your question gets asked often enough that I think most people who have been on basenotes for any length of time are a bit burnt out on it. Don't take it personally or as slapping you down or anything. It is a legitimate question. What I would suggest is to use the search facility in basenotes and do a search for previous threads on this subject. You will find a wealth of information and opinions on the subject.

As you do your research, one things that is good to remember is that women date men (and occationally other women) and not fragrances. At best a fragrance will get you noticed in a positive way but after you are noticed it is up to you to close the deal. A fragrance can't do that.

There are a few fragrances which do contain human pheromones, the airborne chemicals which communicate sexual signals between men and women. They don't impart any particular sent to a fragrance. How effective they are is open to debate. What I will say is that if the results were dramatic, every man would be using them, so at best they may get you more noticed then a fragrance alone. But even if you use a cologne with pheromones the statement that women date men and not colognes still holds true.
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane - Oscar Wilde

Envy. Gucci Envy.

Person: What's Envy like?
    Me: It's just sex in a bottle.

It's more sexy sex instead of raw sex like Musc Ravegeur gives me the impression of.

I think the original post is a bit different than asking "what will help me get laid!" - its a bit more "scientific" than that

If I understand it correctly, the question is regarding what scents exude that pheromone-like smell.

I might also add Muscs Koublai Khan by Serge Lutens, although on my skin its nothing more than a soft musky floral scent.
    -

Hi Neal,

Since your new, I'm sure you haven't got all the rules down, and there are quite a few. (unfortunately) I don't know if a fragrance exudes sex as much as the combination of the scent & the person wearing it. Everybody has a different opinion of what smells sexy, but for me, Emporio by Armani smelled mighty fine on my ex boyfriend. (good with his body chemistry) Gentlemen Givenchy, smelled good on a boyfriend of long ago. I think anything that is more earthy, less sweet, less fruity, and not too musky. Welcome...
    Last edited by Dolly Dagger; 24th March 2007 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    I think the original post is a bit different than asking "what will help me get laid!" - its a bit more "scientific" than that
    I'm with ZZ on this - your question is not run of the mill.

Anything musky falls within that explicitly sexual category. Leather scents can also work very well this way. Perhaps to be more precise - my DH adores Richard James on me (suede/rose) and I love Serge Lutens Daim Blond on anyone (even me - but we don't want to go there ...)
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for", Allan Chalmers.

Kouros, Yatagan, Knize Ten, Old Spice....whatever: It's all relative to personal tastes. Some people may find English Leather to be the most erotic
    scent ever made. I beg to differ.

Try some of Ava Luxe's frags. I've recently tried out her Kama and Kama Xtreme. I found the Xtreme to be very "pheromonal". Very animalic. If you get the parfum version, you'll have something that lasts forever!

S

Dear lord, how many of these must i read? Is there a reason i stay off-topic? Listen. It's very simple. Fragrance (cologne) means ... guess what ... NOTHING.

It's a thing without value.

That's right. Worthless.

What is it that you really want? To understand women? What, exactly what to get started? What have you got to offer me in return? Nothing for nothing.
    Last edited by CoTHukoB; 25th March 2007 at 03:01 AM. Reason: spelling
    blackguard, n.
    3 : an inverted gentleman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ5a2JH_BVE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWEOaosGDi0
    ... où flotte l'étendard ...
    ... Ich will die Ruhe stören ...
    ... Stand up and admit it! ...

He is asking what fragrance smells literally like the act of sex, not how to get laid. That being said, this question has been asked before, so use the search function please.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    I recently tried Yatagan as well as Musc De Ravageur. Musc De Ravageur had a animal, musky primitive scent. Yatagan had a similar animalistic, musky, primitive something. I don't know how else to explain it. Almost like a natural body secretion, pheremone.

Any others scents have that?
    I must be reading a different post than some. What I understand and plainly read is that neal is asking this: are there scents other than Yatagan and Musc De Ravageur that have an animal, musky primitive scent? Perhaps similar to natural body secretions/pheremones.

My answer is a definite yes. Many. One example I would point to would be Tabac Blond, and although it sports the feminine 'tag' I consider it to be very wearable by some, but not all, men. But then that could be true of dozens of male 'tagged' scents also, their not being wearable by some men.
    Last edited by kbe; 25th March 2007 at 04:07 AM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    I must be reading a different post than some. What I understand and plainly read is that neal is asking this: are there scents other than Yatagan and Musc De Ravageur that have an animal, musky primitive scent? Perhaps similar to natural body secretions/pheremones.
    Exactly.

Hey, how about this : http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=194536
    -

It's something to certainly smell sexy, but I'm not really sure about smelling literally of sex...but, since you insist neal...

Try Orgie from Mugler's Le Parfum Coffret, or l'Etat Libre d'Orange's Secretions Magnifiques. I've read it reeks literally of sex!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Dependent

you need a bottle of Patou pour Homme or Ungaro pour L'Homme I
    I'd also check the Clive Christians and the Amourages
    in the directory

I don't quite see the reason for all of the hostile reactions to a simple question!

That being said, my answer would be the civet scents, like Furyo, Jicky or Ungaro II. Civet is very sexy and animalic. Different from a musk smell, but still potently sexual.

So try Jicky EDP (not EDT).
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

Halston Z-14 very sexy!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Dependent

Bond No 9's Fire Island is a fire breathing sexual beast of a scent.

I'm smacking myself in the head now because I forgot to mention pheromones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pheremones
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 25th March 2007 at 07:07 AM.

I was once wearing Dolce & Gabbana By Man and was told I "smell like sex." There's something really sexual about the musk in it- sort of like bare flesh.

I understand the original question as what colognes smells like men's natural musk that is considered sexy? So my answer will be Yatagan, Kouros, Antaeus and Santos. These four, when worn makes me feel like I'm a huge burly guy with hairy chest, when in fact I'm not :P.

Hi All,
    Wow. That question got quite a response. Perhaps I should have been more select with my wording of the title. I was inquiring as to other fragrances out there that have ... (in a good fragranmce kind of way) ... that dirty, stinky, nasty, sweaty, secretion like scent, as Yatagan does.
    Neal

Hi All,
    Wow. That question got quite a response. Perhaps I should have been more select with my wording of the title. I was inquiring as to other fragrances out there that have ... (in a good fragranmce kind of way) ... that dirty, stinky, nasty, sweaty, secretion like scent, as Yatagan does.
    Neal
    Well, Neal, you've certainly experienced quite an introduction to Basenotes, haven't you? But, you've garnered some great suggestions from experienced Basenoters in the process. It's just that the "what will get me laid?" question comes up so often that people get a little worn out on it - although most recognize this was not your intent.

And now that you have a list of suggestions, you get to really make great use of the Basenotes Directory to look up the suggested fragrances and read the reviews of your fellow BN's on notes and longevity. Once you've narrowed the field, you can rush off to your favorite frag shop and smell them firsthand, OR ease on over to the Items for Sale board and find Basenoters who are willing to sell decants (usually 10 ml, a third oz.) of your choices. You can try them out over twenty or so wearings, and then make the big move to the full bottle with confidence. Basenotes is a tremendous source of information for the experienced and inexperienced (like me).

In any case, a warm welcome to Basenotes, and I hope you'll feel emboldened to post again real soon!
    Last edited by TricsMan; 25th March 2007 at 04:15 PM. Reason: added info on using the Directory and the Sale board

Mazzolari Lui - raw sex barely contained by a civilized veneer
    Jean Desprez 40 Love - no veneer here
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Neal, Yatagan is one of my all time favorites. If you like animalic then you need check out "www.profumo.it" and check out tcharas, and chilum. This guy from Italy uses natural civet and casrtoreum, not synthetic like everyone else.
    Click on sampling and he sells 5.5 ml samples.
    Strap your seatbelt and be prepaid to fall in love.
    --------------------------------------
    Last edited by thebeck; 26th March 2007 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Eluard View Post
    I don't quite see the reason for all of the hostile reactions to a simple question!

That being said, my answer would be the civet scents, like Furyo, Jicky or Ungaro II. Civet is very sexy and animalic. Different from a musk smell, but still potently sexual.

I agree with Eluard. As I'm reading this thread I'm also surprised at the hostile responses.

ANYWAY...I just received a decant of Bois d'Argent and find it to be a very sexy fragrance. Soft, musky, slightly powdery and sweet, not at all cloying. I'm surprised at how long lasting it is considering it's a cologne.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

Quote Originally Posted by Eluard View Post

THANK YOU!!!! Why is everyone, so with attitude? If you don't want to "hear the same question", then you don't have to answer it, simple. No cologne to me smells like sex, (if it did, I don't think I would spray it on me...lol...) but there are some scents that are provocative, and smell sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly Dagger View Post
    THANK YOU!!!! Why is everyone, so with attitude? If you don't want to "hear the same question", then you don't have to answer it, simple. No cologne to me smells like sex, (if it did, I don't think I would spray it on me...lol...) but there are some scents that are provocative, and smell sexy.

Agreed. It's pretty commonplace here to see someone post a request for info and be scolded in some way. Most of us know that there are some themes that tend to reoccur. And sure a search of the threads first would, in many cases, address the question or issue. But why the need to chastise or crack wise? If this happens why not gently guide the poster to the threads, or be kind enough to post something helpful (even if you've already posted the same info before), or if your time is so precious that neither is a good option for you.........keep scrolling.

Quote Originally Posted by CoTHukoB View Post
    Dear lord, how many of these must i read? Is there a reason i stay off-topic? Listen. It's very simple. Fragrance (cologne) means ... guess what ... NOTHING.

It's a thing without value.

That's right. Worthless.

What is it that you really want? To understand women? What, exactly what to get started? What have you got to offer me in return? Nothing for nothing.
    Your a ray of sunshine, why answer if your turned off by the question? It wasn't that offensive, relax...

Hi all,

I haven't been around for sometime. I hope this note finds everyone well.
    OK, the WINNER of THE correct answer goes to...."thebeck!" As I type this, I am wearing a 5% natural Civet! WHOA BABY! I own a (? size) spray bottle of this CAT juice which I got from SERGEY in Russia who bought it from
    www.profumo.it LOL, no doubt about it, this STUFF is the CATS MEOW!
    When I wear this STUFF, I will spray it on at LEAST a half hour to an hour BEFORE I head out! I must give it a chance to mellow! I pretty much always use THE STUFF as a BASE layer and then apply either some type of ATTAR (mostly some type of OUD) or MITTI (baked Earth) Attar or perhaps a KHUS (Vetiver grass) ATTAR or certain MONTALE fragrances (the OUDS) just work WONDERFULLY on ol' SixCats! Oooh, got BEAVER ? (Castoreum).
    To DIE for! I also have a VERY small sample of the BEAVER juice and it is
    AWESOME! Again, I use it as a base, and apply either a MUD or OUD!
    I save the BEAVER juice for one thing only! Oooh yea!

Regards,
    SixCats!

Quote Originally Posted by SixCats View Post
    BEAVER juice
    After reading this, am i the only one who thinks of something else besides the animal with the flat tale?

Talking Re: Male Fragrance that exudes sex

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    After reading this, am i the only one who thinks of something else besides the animal with the flat tale?
    Beaver juice fanark fanark wibble wibble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All,
    Neal
    I love Yatagan but if I want something which hits me with the "that dirty, stinky, nasty, sweaty, secretion" I go with Andron by Jovan. Nothing I've used comes remotely close. Just looking at the fragrance notes, it is full of sex smells plus it is the first fragrance ever to have human pheromones. Unfortunately it has long since been discontinued but fortunately I've got a stock of it.
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane - Oscar Wilde

Something that stands out, begs to be noticed and yet is pulling you in, rather than wants to keep distance. I have mixed tastes, so this would be my list:

Balenciaga CRISTOBAL
    Burberry BRIT FOR MEN
    Bvlgari BLACK
    D&G BY
    Cacharel NEMO
    Calvin Klein OBSESSION FOR MEN
    Gucci ENVY
    Issey Miyake L’EAU D’ISSEY
    Hanae Mori HM
    Salvatore Ferragamo SALVATORE FERRAGAMO
    Shiseido BASALA
    Yves Saint Laurent M7
    Yves Saint Laurent OPIUM
    Yves Saint Laurent RIVE GAUCHE

I may have misinterpreted the original question and ... overreacted. My apologies, Neal.

But the point i was trying to make still stands. Ask what a "insert whatever" type scent is - and the poster will get as many responses as there are people answering. Why does everyone think that is? It's not an accident, and when you see a pattern repeating itself you realize a thing or two. Draw your own conclusions.

Anyway, back to OT.

PS: Actually, you just might across something here and there, never know. G'luck!
    Last edited by CoTHukoB; 26th March 2007 at 06:30 PM.
    blackguard, n.
    3 : an inverted gentleman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ5a2JH_BVE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWEOaosGDi0
    ... où flotte l'étendard ...
    ... Ich will die Ruhe stören ...
    ... Stand up and admit it! ...

Marilyn Miglin's "Pherómone for Men" has what I call a "sexy sweat" scent...intimate...aggressive...powerful... Frankly, it smells as if you've just spent half an hour in the back seat on a summery night making out with someone who was wearing a nice perfume that rubbed off on you a little. It takes a bit of getting used to at first; but it has become one of my frequently-used scents. Apply it with a light hand, though . . . and then watch for the looks you get from people . . .
    "She allowed subsequently to Cottard that she found me remarkably enthusiastic; he replied that I was too emotional, that I needed sedatives, and that I ought to take up knitting." --Proust, *Cities of the Plain*

alwyas ha been always will bee fahrenheit

When I want to smell sexy, I put on one of my favorite power suit scents, Carven Homme. It says, "I mean business and I am very capable of getting to the point".

Basenotes Institution

Jicky by Guerlain...its pretty animalistic. In fact, it kind of turned me off of the scent, the first time I sniffed it at Nordstroms.

Not animalistic, however exuding sex according to my wife and female friends are M7 as well as Patou PH, specially if it's from the day before but still on your leather jacket ..
    Current Favourites: Touaregh -Il Profumo/ Le Vainqueur- Rue Rance/ Versus Uomo -Versace/ Sculpture -Nikos/ Acier Aluminium - Creed/ Santal Noble - MPG