Code of Conduct

Default Bois d'Argent and L'Occitane Eav des Bavx..similarities?

I own Eav des Bavx, but remember reading a review somewhere that pointed to a similarity between the two. I have never tested Bois d'Argent, but was wondering, if the two are similar enough that it doesn't warrant owning both? I do plan on testing Bois d'Argent in the next month or so.

Default Re: Bois d'Argent and L'Occitane Eav des Bavx..similarities?

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    I have never tested Bois d'Argent, but was wondering, if the two are similar enough that it doesn't warrant owning both? I do plan on testing Bois .
    DEFINITELY worth owning both! Both are in my top 5 ... and different enough to warrant that. The more experienced noses around here will be able to describe the notes for you ... but to me, they're very different.

The problem may be that Eav des Bavx doesn't seem to be all that popular around here ... and Bois d'Argent is not something that all that many seem to own because it's fairly hard to get. So getting someone else's opinion who owns both may be tough.

For me personally, I don't see either coming off my top 5 list anytime soon. But they're not alike.

Thanks ziffy321. Ah! I remember the review now. Marlen's review on nowsmellthis blog..stated a similarity for a brief time 15 minutes into the drydown. Here is Marlen's review of Eav des Bavx:

http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...2/2048666.html

I wasn't intending for my first post to be a negative one, but I bought Eau des Beaux recently and found it to be a bit sharp, if not acrid. Too bad, because it smelled wonderful on the test strip. On a more positive note, I love the shower gel and use it daily. The effect is much sweeter and, to my nose at least, doesn't contain the sharp note that I experienced in the edt.

Snafoo,

Hi and welcome That is not a negative review at all. That is the kind of criticism that is needed and appreciated here. You gave valid reasons and were not inflammatory at all. Now I have to try the shower gel when I go to Dallas this weekend.

barry

Quote Originally Posted by Snafoo View Post
    I wasn't intending for my first post to be a negative one, but I bought Eau des Beaux recently and found it to be a bit sharp, if not acrid. Too bad, because it smelled wonderful on the test strip. On a more positive note, I love the shower gel and use it daily. The effect is much sweeter and, to my nose at least, doesn't contain the sharp note that I experienced in the edt.
    (Welcome to Basenotes, Snafoo, and thanks for the helpful comment.
    --Chris)
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.