Code of Conduct

Default Seen these? (JPG mall things)

It's probably been a month or so since I've stopped in a mall. Today I went shopping (lots of discount cards came in the mail recently). There were these cardboard promotional cutouts of the JPG 'Le Male' bottle, person-height. There was some dispenser thing on it where you could squeeze/push and it would spray you. I don't think I've ever seen a fragrance marketed like that. I saw at least 4 of those on the same concourse. This is Lenox Mall, in Buckhead (Atlanta).

Are those things in your neck of the woods? Can anyone recall seeing a similar setup?

Default Re: Seen these? (JPG mall things)

Hi Radix,

Yes its pretty clever isnt it? Though some I have seen tend to spray you in the crotch as the nozzle is positioned at waist height.
    I saw a similar setup a few years back for the 'Nautica' launch in Australia, one for Black Cashmere (Donna Karan), and most recently 'Silver Rain' by La Prairie here in Copenhagen.

I've never seen this, either. Since Lenox Square is owned by Simon Property Group, I wonder if other Simon malls like Castleton Square and Circle Centre in Indianapolis have these, too.

Was this a general promo done by BPI themselves for no store in particular just to promote Le Male, or was this done on behalf of a certain store in the mall (i.e. Macy's)?
    Last edited by MFfan310; 28th March 2007 at 08:22 PM.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Gwinnett Place Mall in Atlanta, well.....very close to Atlanta, which is also a Simon property, has one very close to Macy's. It just popped up there over night. But in Macy's, there's a miniature one on the fragrance counter for Juicy Couture. Too bad they are not something in which I'm really interested. It would be great to see one for Serge Lutens or L'Artisan.....perhaps in Phipps Plaza. But I don't think that's EVER going to happen.

I've seen it at Roosevelt Field Mall in Long Island, NY. I think that's very creative. I was hoping that it was the new fragrance, but I think that's pretty cool.
    To Whom Much Is Given...Much Is Required

When I was on vacation in Washington DC, the Pentagon Centre mall had a couple around.

I was reading about these robo-spritzers. They're made by a French company named Scentest Communication. The initial test in 2006 was at Roosevelt Field and Menlo Park malls, on behalf of Giorgio Armani Parfums, and they were very well-received.

And yes, in the US, Simon Malls is the launch customer... they're placing these in 77 malls across the US. You can read more here (note: PDF file).
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Interesting... Thanks for the update/link!

They did that for Armani Mania also.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"