Code of Conduct

Default Shopping in N.Y.C

My sister is going to N.Y on friday...And I was thinking about asking her to get some/ a scent for me.Do they have Serge Lutens Chergui or Different Company's Bois d'iris ...or L'heure bleue available in N.Y?And if so,which adress should I give her,so she won't have to search the entire city for me?....

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Shopping in N.Y.C

Have you checked out Basenotes' City Shopping Guide?

http://community.basenotes.net/forumdisplay.php?f=44
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Barney's New York
    212-826-8900 660 Madison Ave btwn 60th and 61st Street

they still have Chergui but you might want to call them to confirm, they may have the new Rousse by Lutens too.

Aedes in the West Village used to carry TDC Bois d 'Hiris, I have no idea if they still do

http://www.aedes.com/brand.php?cat_id=1

ThanksI saw the article here at basenotes.Gave my sister the adress to Henri Bendel's....Any good?Oh,and just out of curiousity,how much does the Chergui cost aproximately?

Smile Re: Shopping in N.Y.C

$100 + tax

Thank you so much for your help!I just hope my sis takes the time to buy for me now....: /

Thumbs up Re: Shopping in N.Y.C

I just called Barney 's for you, they have Chergui !!

Thank you so much Jasmine de GrasseThat was really sweet of you.i've called my sister now,and she promised she would buy it for me.One happy girl right now

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Shopping in N.Y.C

I am considering a overnighter trip to NYC just to visit the 'perfume district'. Our new Sephora store is months away from completion and I am Jonesing already.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Madison Avenue has several boutiques including Caron (here's a review of the boutique from New York Magazine), L'Artisan (in an adorable tiny storefront in the West Village where you could have a lovely brunch or something before or after...and they have ALL the bottles lined up for sampling. Brief mention in New York mag here), there's of course the Jo Malone boutique in the Flatiron building, and that's not far from the "perfume district" either. Btw, bargain bargain bargain when you go to the perfume district. They will certainly come down a bit in price

If niche scents are your thing, CB I Hate Perfume is located in trendy Williamsburgh, Brooklyn and you can go there and see his store and maybe even meet him. My friend and I have a long-standing brunch date to go to the store and sniff away.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

don 't forget Aedes in the west village! they also had an article in the NY Times and probably the best boutique for niche lovers in the whole US, they have Lutens, L 'Artisan, Goutal and many many more brands and it 's downtown manhattan, very beautiful area specially in the spring.

http://www.aedes.com/brand.php?cat_id=1

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    . . . L'heure bleue available in N.Y?
    When I was in NYC last month they had L'Heure Bleue in stock at Bloomingdales (it's my mum's favourite fragrance). Guerlain is a large house, so you can probably find this elsewhere too, possibly at a better price (best deals are probably at online shops). To get to Bloomingdales, take the N, R, 4, 5 or 6[subway] to 60th street, or the V or F to 63rd; there are also buses, and, of course, it isn't out in the middle of nowhere, so walking there can be fun.

just to say for hardcore Guerlain fans, in NYC Bergdorf & Goodman (57/58th St and 5th ave) have the most complete Guerlain counter of the city, they also carry exclusive Guerlain perfumes such as Rose Barbare, Plus Que Jamais and Sous le Vent.

Looks like I defenitely need to go to N.Y myself some time soon(if only I could afford it soon)But glad that my sis is going.That way I can sort of still "be shopping"in N.Y too:P

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmin de Grasse View Post
    just to say for hardcore Guerlain fans, in NYC Bergdorf & Goodman (57/58th St and 5th ave) have the most complete Guerlain counter of the city, they also carry exclusive Guerlain perfumes such as Rose Barbare, Plus Que Jamais and Sous le Vent.
    I've been wanting to try Petit Guerlain, but hadn't found it yet in NYC; I was rather dreading doing an intensive search--I have problems dealing with crowds--so I'm extremely grateful for this information. Thanks, Jasmin de Grasse

Definitely try Barney's, I worked there for a while, they have a great variety

I gave my sis the Barney's adr...but also mentioned a few other suggestions here Will be veeery dissapointed if it turns out she never got me anything:P Can hardly wait!!!

I was just in Barney's this saturday, and they do indeed have Chergui AND Rousse. Bergdorf's has LHB in any concentration, and The Different Company is in Takashimaya, down the street from Barney's and Bergdorf's.

About Caron -- it's no longer on Madison Ave -- they moved to Lex and 58th. The entrance is on 58th rather than Lex -- 715 Lexington, 212-308-0270, The Caron web site is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kariekirk View Post
    About Caron -- it's no longer on Madison Ave -- they moved to Lex and 58th. The entrance is on 58th rather than Lex -- 715 Lexington, 212-308-0270, The Caron web site is wrong.
    they mailed me a card last week, it 's really sad so now they just have a corner at Phyto Universe. They got hit hard with high rent right on Madison and strong competition with more modern perfume concepts like Guerlain exclusives, Frederic Malle, Parfumerie Generale and Serge Lutens.
    'luxury is an esthetic wrath' Serge Lutens