Code of Conduct
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Display idea for empty bottles

I was on the phone with our tax preparer (waiting for DH to come over with info about our IRAs) and, to fill the quiet between us, I asked her if she wears perfume.

"Just on special occasions: Chanel No. 5," was her answer. She said her mother, now deceased, always wore Shalimar, which my tax lady wasn't crazy about, but she still liked keeping her mom's empty Guerlain flacons as keepsakes. She got the bright idea of refilling the bottles with two different kinds of decoration she bought at a craft store: small crystals and what she called "thick, clear glitter" (larger than the glitter of our youth, I guess). She has the bottles in a window where they catch the light and remind her of her mother.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Display idea for empty bottles

That's so lovely it nearly brought a tear to my eye! I wouldn't do it with my own perfume bottles but I think if you have empty bottles that belonged to your mum or grandmother, filling them with something beautiful and letting them catch the light would be so lovely, especially if they loved fragrances and you have strong scent-related memories of them. I love it!

very interesting. that sounds like a nice way to preserve those memories thanks for sharing

I am still trying to figure out a way to pry off the crimped lids from my old EDP bottles so I can refill them with liquid for a display.
    How would I do it without destroying them so I could put them back in some way?

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I've had success with placing some padding (rubber glove, rubber bands, what-have-you) around the crimped area, gripping with pliers and twisting back and forth.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I think it would be pretty to store my color mixtures of seed beads in them, if I ever have an empty bottle I will do this.