Code of Conduct

Default CK Contradiction gone sour?

I wore CK Contradiction for years, til it got too hard to find (discontinued I think). I have ordered several bottles from reputable sellers on ebay. One was good, the other 3 have been very strange smelling, kind of sour, or perhaps like black pepper, either way just not right. I still have a old bottle that smells great, so it cant be that the others are just old, or could CK have changed thier formula? They do not look fake, nice packaging, lables, etc. I recently found a small bottle of it in Parfum, and that one too smells funny. On all the ones where it smell sour - the colour is lighter than my good bottle all EDT so should be the same.

Anyone come across something like this.

Default Re: CK Contradiction gone sour?

no never. i once bought a bottle of contradiction pure parfum on ebay, half an ounce for 15 dollars! i have my suspicions about whether it's real or not but it smells fantastic. i'm not sure if the seller is still there though, that might be a bad sign . . .

but no i have no idea why yours is bad. maybe it's a fake or maybe it was somehow messed up by intense heat. if your parfum is pale htere must be something wrong, the parfum i have is a very deep orange-amber color

Quote Originally Posted by LoneFish View Post
    no never. i once bought a bottle of contradiction pure parfum on ebay, half an ounce for 15 dollars! i have my suspicions about whether it's real or not but it smells fantastic. i'm not sure if the seller is still there though, that might be a bad sign . . .

but no i have no idea why yours is bad. maybe it's a fake or maybe it was somehow messed up by intense heat. if your parfum is pale htere must be something wrong, the parfum i have is a very deep orange-amber color
    Yeah my good bottle is a darker amber, the the 2 EDT and 1 Parfum are the much lighter. Interesting. I have given up on trying to buy more of this. Luckily I have found many other perfumes I like.

These odd bottles are free for the taking if anyone wants them.

Yeah I have a bottle that kinda has turned as well. I think maybe sometimes you just get a batch that goes against the grain and for whatever reason doesn't age as well. Oh well, life goes on.