Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up New discovery-Parfums Delrae Amoureuse!!!

I have always loved the cool green blast of a flowershop but could never get that combination of floral and greenery. At last I think I've got it. Aedes has it in Parfums Delrae; Amoureuse. Notes include Tangerine, jasmine, cedar, moss & honey. It is supposed to include 'Boxwood Tree'. I think this might be another name for Linden. I checked it against some linden oil Purplebird had and it was close.The floral is subtle and well balanced by the cedar and the linden--I'm in love!! Just as the name might indicate. (I have no association with the commercial parties here BTW.)

Default Re: New discovery-Parfums Delrae Amoureuse!!!

I love Amoureuse but not as much as Debut, I m crazy about this scent, combination of linden, lilly of the valley and grassy notes so beautiful for spring. I have the EDT bottle unfortunately they discontinued to replaced it by the EDP which went from $80 to $125 and I find it a little less on the fresh side now. The Delrae Roth perfumes are made by Michel Roudnitska (Noir Epices by F. Malle) son of legendary nose Edmond Roudnitska (Diorissimo, Diorella, le parfum de Therese)

There's nothing in the perfume world quite like that blast of green at the top of Amoureuse, is there? I'm not a lover of green florals, but there's something about Amoureuse that I find myself craving, especially in the dark chill of a winter's day - Amoureuse is springtime in a bottle for me. It's also beautifully economic - one tiny dab is enough to last all day!

You're right!! When I tried Amoureuse from a sample I got a very distinct 'garden centre' whiff that I wrote down. I'm not quite sure which of the notes is responsible for that but you may be right when it comes to the linden. Good to see more people had that experience.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

You've convinced me! Off to Aedes to order (yet more) samples!!! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Blog Entries

Yeah, springtime in a bottle. I'm glad you all agree. I just felt like telling someone! I am still mystified by that floralshop scent, but I think it must be the linden note that does it.

Delrae Roth 's ingredients quality is very high end, the finest and most precious ones, anyone can tell!
    Eau Illuminee is nice too, I find Bois de Paradis too syrupy and sweet for my taste, Amoureuse and Debut are my favorites, both are very strong and potent in EDP concentrations, I just wish they had EDT versions.

Kumquat, I should get a full vial of that 10% Linden essential oil from Nature's Way to which we compared the Amoureuse. There was hardly a drop in the bottle, but I think you identified that note correctly. (That particular linden oil was remarkably lovely and suited to "soliflore" perfume wearing, which is rare among simple essential oils.)

I totally agree that this is a teriffic fragrance. Great lasting power. A green that is neither citrusy nor sweetened. It smells just like that blast of humid air full of the aroma of live plants that hits you when you open the door of the florist shop.

Thanks for introducing me to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    Kumquat, I should get a full vial of that 10% Linden essential oil from Nature's Way to which we compared the Amoureuse. There was hardly a drop in the bottle, but I think you identified that note correctly. (That particular linden oil was remarkably lovely and suited to "soliflore" perfume wearing, which is rare among simple essential oils.)

I totally agree that this is a teriffic fragrance. Great lasting power. A green that is neither citrusy nor sweetened. It smells just like that blast of humid air full of the aroma of live plants that hits you when you open the door of the florist shop.

Thanks for introducing me to this one.

I ve been re-reading the whole thread, I think there 's been a little confusion between Amoureuse and Debut. Amoureuse is french tuberose and jasmine, Debut linden and lilly of the valley (my favorite), they 're two different styles of perfumes.

I've never smelled Debut, so I know I'm not confusing the two.
    I found Amoureuse to be very green, woody, plantlike, not exclusively floral. Certainly it had white florals, but it was not very sweet, and I think the green notes were showcased best.
    Boxwood is listed as a note for Amoureuse, perhaps that is causing the confusion. It is not linden, but it has some similar characteristics as evidenced by direct comparison to essential oil.
    I will smell Debut, and I bet I'll like them both.

when I first tried Amoureuse three years ago the boys from Aedes told me it starts with a "parsley" note effect officially listed as boxwood. Amoureuse 's drydown is honey and musk, sweeter than Debut which stays more floral all the way through.
    Debut 's become Delrae best seller, they now have the body cream for those into that (only for Debut).
    Debut can be seen as a Diorissimo inspired scent, airy lilly of the valley olfactory theme although the EDP is more on the linden side than the discontinued EDT which was equally LLOTV and linden (reason why I regret so much the EDT).

Yes, this is the note that attracts me the most, too.
    It is green and like a living plant, humid and breathing, woody and leafy.
    So, Aedes calls it parsley? It must be the fresh parsley, like a bunch from the grocery store with a rubber band, not dried parsley.
    Many green perfumes have green spices, such as Diptique Virgilio, but these were the sweet kind, like basil and mint.
    I like the living plant smell better.
    I am loving green fragrances more and more.
    Some of them smell like vegetables. I thought Les Nez Unicorn Spell and Eau d'Italie Sienne L'Hiver were quite vegetal.