Code of Conduct

Default introduce me to Lentheric

I found this website online which says London Paris but I wonder if this is the right perfume brand we have in mind here.

www.lentheric.com

what scents or vintage should anyone be looking for when it comes to Lentheric 's bests?
    there are many on ebay, I thought I should give it a try, me who loves vintage and they re very affordable.

Blog Entries

Default Re: introduce me to Lentheric

Sadly the modern formulations of some of these old classics are not what they used to be. One of the ill's of modernisation sadly...

Check out this link / company for affordable versions of some classic Lentheric perfumes in formulations that still reveal some of their former beauty:

http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/cate...enthericl.html

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Lentheric old prestige vs new evolution in time reminds me of Coty, don 't you think?

which ones of their scents do you consider a 'must have'? I just checked the link, are these older versions that you d consider vintage or all new reformulated?
    ebay really seems to have great Lentheric vintages, I noticed this one that looks authentic but I have no idea about what it smells like, it s drawned the attention of 7 bidders already.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-LENTHERI...QQcmdZViewItem

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmin de Grasse View Post
    Lentheric old prestige vs new evolution in time reminds me of Coty, don 't you think?

which ones of their scents do you consider a 'must have'? I just checked the link, are these older versions that you d consider vintage or all new reformulated?
    ebay really seems to have great Lentheric vintages, I noticed this one that looks authentic but I have no idea about what it smells like, it s drawned the attention of 7 bidders already.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-LENTHERI...QQcmdZViewItem
    Yes that is the true vintage version of a rather rare version of a flanker / variation scent of the Classic Tweed. I have a vintage bottle of the plain Tweed Bouquet perfume. It is lovely - a more softly feminine floral take on the Tweed scent.

It seems there were several other variations on the '(Tweed) Bouquet' theme. This echoes some short lived Dana Tabu and Coty L'Aimant variations I have known and loved.

I would recommend you try the Tweed, which is perfect at this time of year, Panache and Flair from the Lentheric stable. Pagan is a rather powdery old fashioned floral (which I love in summer but doesn't translate well to modern noses), and Just Musk is a sexy animalic 70 / 80s style musk that reminds me of Vivienne Westwood Boudoir but without the sour bed linen / post coital sweat accord.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

I'd disregard anything produced by "Lentheric" now -- (I put it in quotes as it is Lentheric by name only).

Due to a long of history of acquisitions, products by Lentheric have are now made by various people. If you look at the Lentheric products now in production:

http://www.basenotes.net/house/10051...=In+Production

You'll see the more famous brands are now made by Mayfair and FF&C.

A bit of history:

The house was founded in the late 19th Century by Guilaume Lentheric - a hairdresser with a passion for perfume.

I have a big gap in my knowledge until the 1960's, when Lentheric was acquired by British-American Cosmetics (A division of British-American Tobacco), who also owned Yardley, Montiel, Tuvache and Gres (amongst others..)

In 1985 BAT decided to get out of non-tobacco industries and sold off its cosmetics lines. Most of which were picked up by Beechams.

In 1989 Yardley & Lentheric were picked up by Wasserstein Perella (who at one point also owned Maybelline). Yardley and Lentheric were run under a new company named "Old Bond Street" and were also responsible for the So ...? teen brand.

1997 saw the companies go into liquidation, and here is where everything gets all split up and messy.

Fine Fragrance & Cosmetics buy some of the brands - Lentheric's Tweed and Panache (as well as Yardley's Lace, Chique and White Satin).

Parfums Bleu buy some of Yardley's men's brands

Wella ends up buying the rest of Yardley, and Swiss company Incos by So...? Cosmetics

As for Lentheric -- it is purchased in 1999 by a UK company Shaneel Enterprises. (who had also bought Worth the previous year)

In 2004 Shaneel changed the name of Lentheric to "Mayfair" and sold the Lentheric name to a South African distributor who now make a variety of body sprays etc under that name. Mayfair still produce a number of Lentheric products, but it may be worth checking eBay for classic stuff

Smile Re: introduce me to Lentheric

Thank you so much for this detailed historic of Lentheric! this is great.

Moondeva, if anything I think I ll go for Just Musk and Pagan, thank you!